Thread: Sean Payton offically denvers new coach... Saints get thier 1st round pick in 23 and

vCash

Sean Payton offically denvers new coach... Saints get thier 1st round pick in 23 and

2nd round pick in 24. WHO DAT

vCash
    It was a faint hope but now we're stuck with McCarthy for sure.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EdwardDrayton View Post
    It was a faint hope but now we're stuck with McCarthy for sure.
    Who is McCarthy?

vCash
    Saints gotta send back 2024 3rd round pick.

I'm happy with the compensation. He wasn't doing us a bit of good on fox

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Who is McCarthy?
    There was a very brief wisp of smoke (delusion?) that Payton may land in Dallas.

vCash
    There was a very brief wisp of smoke (delusion?) that Payton may land in Dallas.
    Ahhh... better than Allen haha

vCash
    There's been that same wisp of delusion every year since Sean took over in NOLA. Jerry had his chance to hire him and let him waltz right to NOLA. They'd never work now though. Sean has seen how a good front office runs for years and he and Mickey were basically given free reign from Tom, and later Gayle, Benson to do what they needed to win.

I'm not crazy about the haul we got, but at the same time we got what we could. The compensation would've gotten worse next year. I'm hoping we can somehow package picks together to make a run at a starter in the league (Fields or Carr) or somehow find some god offer to move all the way up to get Stroud. Former is way more likely, and it's not very likely, than the latter. I just don't see us having the capital to move that far up.

vCash
    Latest carr update is he will almost certainly be cut, not traded .
    Last edited by msstate7; 01-31-2023 at 10:56 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    There's been that same wisp of delusion every year since Sean took over in NOLA. Jerry had his chance to hire him and let him waltz right to NOLA. They'd never work now though. Sean has seen how a good front office runs for years and he and Mickey were basically given free reign from Tom, and later Gayle, Benson to do what they needed to win.

I'm not crazy about the haul we got, but at the same time we got what we could. The compensation would've gotten worse next year. I'm hoping we can somehow package picks together to make a run at a starter in the league (Fields or Carr) or somehow find some god offer to move all the way up to get Stroud. Former is way more likely, and it's not very likely, than the latter. I just don't see us having the capital to move that far up.
    Need a QB in the worst way.

vCash
    I'm sure he'll improve Denver from where they are, but 2023 Sean Payton isn't 2010 Sean Payton. Maybe a couple years off has him rested up and ready to go, but his scheme isn't that special anymore. I think Denver will be slightly above middle of the pack under him. Compete for a playoff spot, but that's about it. I guess we'll see.

vCash
    Sean is the 2nd best coach in his division with the 3rd best qb. I'm gonna enjoy him taking his lumps for quitting on us

vCash
    Saints need to upgrade at QB for sure. I like Andy Dalton over Jameis Winston. But I would take Davis Mills, Derek Carr, etc. over Andy Dalton. The Saints have some O-Line issues as well.

I'm glad to see Sean Payton sign so that the Saints can get some compensation. They have to hit on this first round pick though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Sean is the 2nd best coach in his division with the 3rd best qb. I'm gonna enjoy him taking his lumps for quitting on us
    So you have Sean Payton ranked behind Josh McDaniel or Brandon Staley? **

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by somebodyshotmypaw View Post
    Saints need to upgrade at QB for sure. I like Andy Dalton over Jameis Winston. But I would take Davis Mills, Derek Carr, etc. over Andy Dalton. The Saints have some O-Line issues as well.

I'm glad to see Sean Payton sign so that the Saints can get some compensation. They have to hit on this first round pick though.
    I like Davis mills also. Not sure the Texans will let em go though. They might just play him until young/stroud/Levis are ready.