Thread: NFL quarterbacking

vCash

NFL quarterbacking

Burrow completes 63% of his passes with 1 TD and 2 interceptions in a loss to the 11th ranked defense (Burrow is freaking awesome)

Dak completes 62% of his passes with 1 TD and 2 interceptions in a loss to the top ranked defense (Dak sucks and should be cut/traded because of the loss)

I know Burrow certainly had some O-line issues. But Dak doesn't have anything close to a Jamar Chase and Tee Higgins combo. Dak certainly missed some throws, but Burrow had one interception overturned by penalty, and two passes that hit the KC players in the hands that were dropped. Maybe, just maybe, it's a team game. And maybe, just maybe, one game does not make a player.

vCash
    Are you comparing them based on 1 playoff game?

If you could have either to start a team, would you pick dak? If so, I think you would be in the extreme minority. Burrow is younger, and he's been better than dak.

ETA... both are good. I would say dak is top 10, but burrow is top 5
    Last edited by msstate7; 01-30-2023 at 01:17 PM.

Our 500th Member
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post

If you could have either to start a team, would you pick dak? If so, I think you would be in the extreme minority. Burrow is younger, and he's been better than dak.

Swap the recieving units & Dak might get just as good of results. Higgins & Chase are monsters. Eagles wr's are pretty dam good too.

vCash

I think comparing them based upon 1 playoff game would be foolish. But I also think evaluating any QB on one playoff game is foolish. If I started a team, I would lean toward Burrow. But I also think fans and media use different sets of standards to judge by, which is also foolish. Burrow and Dak had similar games, but one gets trashed and one doesn't.

vCash
    I think Dak is indisputably a top 10 QB even with the interceptions this year (that are probably related to his injury). Near the bottom of the top 10, but still in it.

Sadly he doesn't seem to be generally perceived that way. (Except sometimes he is. It's weird.)

vCash
    There were plays made by wrs yesterday, especially Cincy and Philly that no one on the cowboys could make. Dak just doesn't have that kind of talent around him. He was not good at times but yesterday especially really showed the difference between the playmakers on the elite teams and the ones on the cowboys

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 662dawg View Post
    Swap the recieving units & Dak might get just as good of results. Higgins & Chase are monsters. Eagles wr's are pretty dam good too.
    Burrow certainly has monsters for WRs, but he has a porous oline. Burrow was sacked the most in 2021, and he was 6th this year. Having a bad oline is a pretty big deal. Russell wilson went from middle of the pack in sacks in 2021 to the most sacked in 2022... I think this was a good portion or his struggles.

Dak has been sacked 50 times the last 2 years. Burrow has been sacked 92 times the last 2 years

vCash
    OK, their y'all go bringing stats into it. **********

What's stats got to do, got to do with it?
    What's stats but a second hand calculation?
    What's stats got to do, got to do with it?
    Who needs stats when stats can be broken?
    It may seem to you that I'm acting confused
    When stats are close to me
    If I tend to look dazed I've read it someplace
    I've got cause to be
    There's a name for it
    There's a phrase that fits
    But whatever the reason stats do it for me************************************

Tina Turner would stroke out if she saw my basterdizing of her song!

vCash
    Burrow certainly has monsters for WRs, but he has a porous oline. Burrow was sacked the most in 2021, and he was 6th this year. Having a bad oline is a pretty big deal. Russell wilson went from middle of the pack in sacks in 2021 to the most sacked in 2022... I think this was a good portion or his struggles.

Dak has been sacked 50 times the last 2 years. Burrow has been sacked 92 times the last 2 years
    Daks mobility is twice that of Burrow

vCash

Burrow is top 2. Dak may be top 10 on a good day. There's not 1 employed coach in the league that would pick Dak Prescott over Joe Burrow.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    There were plays made by wrs yesterday, especially Cincy and Philly that no one on the cowboys could make. Dak just doesn't have that kind of talent around him. He was not good at times but yesterday especially really showed the difference between the playmakers on the elite teams and the ones on the cowboys
    ^^^^^^^

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by somebodyshotmypaw View Post
    I think comparing them based upon 1 playoff game would be foolish. But I also think evaluating any QB on one playoff game is foolish. If I started a team, I would lean toward Burrow. But I also think fans and media use different sets of standards to judge by, which is also foolish. Burrow and Dak had similar games, but one gets trashed and one doesn't.
    It comes down to wins. By nature QB's get too much of the credit and also too much of the blame.