Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cowboy fans

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    Dak also does not need to be a pure pocket passer. Move him around like other successful NFL teams with mobile QB's.
    Then you risk him getting another major injury.

Good luck with that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
    Except KC. They lost pretty much all of their playmakers and Malhomes still found a way!
    They've got the best QB and TE(in history). Dak isn't Mahomes for sure. But Andy Reid so far ahead of Kellen Moore/McCarthy it's not even describable. They're going to have a tough time with Philly. NFC was better than people think.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
    Except KC. They lost pretty much all of their playmakers and Malhomes still found a way!
    You mean Chris Jones found a way.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MaroonFlounder View Post
    Then you risk him getting another major injury.

Good luck with that.
    He means bootlegs and rolling out more

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    They've got the best QB and TE(in history). Dak isn't Mahomes for sure. But Andy Reid so far ahead of Kellen Moore/McCarthy it's not even describable. They're going to have a tough time with Philly. NFC was better than people think.
    Yeah huge DIFFERENCE in head coach and play calling.

Philly will probably win by 10+

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    What a beast. Gotta be the MVP on defense. Man think bout Jones, Cox & Simmons as ur DL.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    What a beast. Gotta be the MVP on defense. Man think bout Jones, Cox & Simmons as ur DL.
    Jimmy Johnson said yesterday Chris was the best dl in the nfl this year and it wasn't even close

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    He means the NFL found a way to get the teams they wanted in the SB. Pretty favorable officiating for KC yday. Philly got more benefits of the doubt early as well before SF ran out of QBs.

vCash
    When are they going to get receivers that can create separation?

Also as far as Dak running, he tends to run a lot more in postseason. With his past injuries, and how Mullen used him, I can understand why he isn't taking off every play. Dak's running is best though when they have to respect the run and have to prepare for the run no matter the look.
    Last edited by ImissCityBagel; 01-30-2023 at 06:29 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mparkerfd20 View Post
    He means the NFL found a way to get the teams they wanted in the SB. Pretty favorable officiating for KC yday. Philly got more benefits of the doubt early as well before SF ran out of QBs.
    I didn't have a dog in the hunt as far as the 4 teams playing yesterday but there was some pretty questionable calls in both games that favored kc and Philly. Looks like the nfl had hired sec officials. On the last punt return that put kc in that good field position the only way the guy got outside was the gunner on that side got shoved to the ground from behind and no call. On the last mahomes scramble the only reason mahomes got outside was the right tackle was holding. Things that make you go hmmm.

vCash
    Kellen Clark now the new OC for San Diego.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    Jerrah does something right and fires Kellen Moore. Hopefully he gets someone with more imagination.
    Also fired 5 other assistants, all seemingly excess baggage. Cowboys had 29 coaches!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    Zeke still there tho. I think they can cut him in June and not take as big of a cap hit.
    According to ESPN writers, Cowboys won't resign Pollard because of the $$ cost to keep him and because they've got so much $$ tied up in Zeke. Cowboys probably will be looking for RB help thru free agency and the draft. If it were me, I'd dump Zeke and resign Pollard. But with Jerrah, one never knows!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg;14970I agre20
    McCarthy is calling the plays. So - no it wasn't the right call. People can say what they want about moore , but his offensive numbers are legit wo any wr talent at all. And from what this board says they're worst OL in football. So...
    I agree. I don't think it was the right call either. I'd rather see McCarthy fired.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by schddog72 View Post
    According to ESPN writers, Cowboys won't resign Pollard because of the $$ cost to keep him and because they've got so much $$ tied up in Zeke. Cowboys probably will be looking for RB help thru free agency and the draft. If it were me, I'd dump Zeke and resign Pollard. But with Jerrah, one never knows!!
    Zeke is done in Dallas unless they sign him for real cheap. Dallas will be going after a RB.

vCash
    Word on the street is to expect the cowboys to go after Brian Johnson from the eagles as an assistant oc/qb coach from the eagles. The Brian Johnson that was here with Dak at one time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by schddog72 View Post
    Pollard is worth the Money. Getting rid of elliot, now just a glorifired fat fullback, is worth the hit the cap will take.

vCash
    Pollard is worth the Money. Getting rid of elliot, now just a glorifired fat fullback, is worth the hit the cap will take.
    Zeke isn't worth the money. But the guy is in excellent shape. He is just not very good any more. It takes a special type of athlete to be a special RB in the league and power backs like zeke are a dying breed unless they are monsters like Henry. The 4 teams that were playing this weekend all have versatile athletes at RB - none have true power backs.

vCash
    Pollard is asking for huge money for a RB with a broken leg. Dallas has had a lot of success signing FA RBs in the past. Won't be surprised if they draft one too.

vCash
    Since I learn so much from different discussions & opinions here, I would like to hear opinions on whether Pollard will stay or go, whether voluntary or not. I have really enjoyed watching him play.

BTW, my favorite football anecdote this year involved Trevon Diggs 5yo son. At his own birthday party, he walked up to Zeke Elliott and told him, ?Zeke, you don?t run very hard! You don?t hit the holes very hard!? 😂