Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dogs vs Dogs Ladies Style

vCash

Dogs vs Dogs Ladies Style

Just a horrible first half for the Lady Dawgs vs Georgia. Sixteen points. 20.8% from the floor. 1-10 from 3. Down 15.

vCash
    I have not watched a women's game this year in its entirety, but did watch parts of both our beatdowns by OM and have kept up with scores and W/L. Before the season started, in the team videos Purcell seemed to come across as wanting to be the players' buddy. JoMo 2.0, but basketball? He also reminds me of a character that should be on Andy of Mayberry.***. May be another typical Cohen parting gift. JMO. Maybe he just needs his players. They sure looked better under interim Coach Norvell.

vCash
    Georgia 52, Dawgs 27. End of 3. Ladies have committed 21 turnovers already. Oof.

vCash
    No other way to say it. Just an embarrassing loss 62-34. Lowest point total of the season (previous 50 points).

Stat line that is almost unbelievably bad:

26.7% from the field, 12-45
    8-14 from FTL, 57.1%
    13.3% from 3, 2-15
    27 turnovers

No words.

vCash
    New AD going to get to make a hire pretty quickly

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    New AD going to get to make a hire pretty quickly
    This team is likely going to the NCAA Tournament after having missed it the last 2 years, so probably not?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    This team is likely going to the NCAA Tournament after having missed it the last 2 years, so probably not?
    Oh yeah no doubt. It's a shame though; they were in a position to at least hold their NET ranking in the thirties.

vCash
    Making Annie a facilitator was stupid. Let her shoot—please. Soft on defense

vCash
    Way too much talent on this team to get beat the way we have the last 2 games.

Jessika Carter, the Hayes sisters, Jerkaila Jordan, Debreasha Powe, Alana Smith, Ramani Parker, Kourtney Weber are all ESPN hoopgurlz top 100 players. Some of them are ranked on the high end... I liked Purcell in the beginning but I'm starting to dislike what I'm seeing, he appears to be too friendly and wants the girls to love him, there are times you have to be mean and I don't see that in him. This was embarrassing

vCash
    In the same boat as you. I was initially excited about the hire and the stuff he said, but he seems to have a little jomo in him with wanting to be friends instead of coach

vCash
    Looks like locker room issues. Short of running off two or three, I don't know how a coach fixes it. It's probably more on the assistants.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PendingTransaction View Post
    Looks like locker room issues. Short of running off two or three, I don't know how a coach fixes it. It's probably more on the assistants.
    Do tell. Thought we had fixed that with the diva leaving.

vCash
    Are you assuming or do you know something? I thought we got rid of the locker room problems already

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NCMSTFAN View Post
    Are you assuming or do you know something? I thought we got rid of the locker room problems already
    When somebody says "looks like something" that is what they usually think something is or appears to be to them. It's not the same as saying we have locker room issues. I wasn't aware of any locker room issues now either.
    Last edited by yjnkdawg; 01-29-2023 at 06:37 PM.

vCash
    Exactly. I know nothing. Just deductive reasoning based on rotation and minutes distribution over the last few weeks.

vCash
    Exactly. I know nothing. Just deductive reasoning based on rotation and minutes distribution over the last few weeks.
    Hmmm ....... not at all sure that's indicative of locker room issues.

vCash
    Purcell was a total gamble hire. Never been a HC and was not even the top assistant at UL. Good recruiter but he's learning on the job to be a HC. On paper he's much more of a gamble than even NMP who had at least run the OD program but was a bust for us.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    Purcell was a total gamble hire. Never been a HC and was not even the top assistant at UL. Good recruiter but he's learning on the job to be a HC. On paper he's much more of a gamble than even NMP who had at least run the OD program but was a bust for us.
    Classic Cohen Hire.

vCash
    COHEN is gone.

Bring back VIC.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MaroonFlounder View Post
    COHEN is gone.

Bring back VIC.
    Unfortunately that can never happen.