Thread: Bama announces NIL center in house.

vCash

Bama announces NIL center in house.

As part of a new 15-year agreement with Alabama that it announced Tuesday, Learfield, in conjunction with the university, is creating a dedicated hub for name, image and likeness (NIL) called The Advantage Center, an epicenter for Crimson Tide athletes? NIL endeavors that the company believes is a first nationally. The Advantage Center, with a goal of opening this calendar year, will be located inside Bryant Denny Stadium and will double as the agency?s local office, says Learfield CEO Cole Gahagan.

Learfield and Alabama plan to collaborate on the development of the center to provide both a physical home and a staff.

?To me, it was only a matter of time before we began to build an infrastructure around NIL. This is the next big step in that direction,? Gahagan says. ?There?s no company better situated than ours to facilitate NIL. We are connected to over 10,000 brands nationally and locally. We are in the best position to bring those brands into the ecosystem to help create relationships between companies and athletes.?

So here is a company that has rights to 99 FBS teams going all in on 1 team... Bama.

https://www.si.com/college/2023/01/2...ting-learfield

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackSailsDawg View Post
    So here is a company that has rights to 99 FBS teams going all in on 1 team... Bama.

https://www.si.com/college/2023/01/2...ting-learfield
    Something like this is what the intent of NIL was - allow players to make money via brand advertising opportunities. Learfield should be doing this with every team they are contracted with. Every ad for the jumbo tron or in a program should feature a player and they should get a cut. Yeah it sucks Bama gets it first, but if it works, Learfield will bring in way more money and opportunity then collectives because they control content and actually add value to marketing dollars for corporate sponsors.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    Something like this is what the intent of NIL was - allow players to make money via brand advertising opportunities. Learfield should be doing this with every team they are contracted with. Every ad for the jumbo tron or in a program should feature a player and they should get a cut. Yeah it sucks Bama gets it first, but if it works, Learfield will bring in way more money and opportunity then collectives because they control content and actually add value to marketing dollars for corporate sponsors.
    The issue here is they are not going to do that for others. They are all in with Bama.

vCash
    We're going to have Charlie Winfield sitting at a fold out table at our games.**

vCash
    As I said earlier this week. Bama is bad for college athletics.

was living way out West, but now back in the blessed state of Mississippi
    vCash
    Everybody else:
    How about a nice game of checkers?

BAMA:
    Let?s play global thermal nuclear war.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Westdawg View Post
    Everybody else:

BAMA:
    Wow, that's going back for a movie reference!

Have some rep!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Westdawg View Post
    Everybody else:

BAMA:
    Awesome!!!!!! Man I'm old!! That brought back memories!!!!
    It was war games I believe.
    Last edited by DownwardDawg; 01-29-2023 at 02:36 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Wow, that's going back for a movie reference!

Have some rep!
    We getting old brother!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    We getting old brother!!!
    You got that right! War games was pretty high tech when it came out and the tech fascinated me. Watch it now and it's laughable! Yeah we're getting old!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    You got that right! War games was pretty high tech when it came out and the tech fascinated me. Watch it now and it's laughable! Yeah we're getting old!
    Speaking of old tech, I tried to explain dial-up internet and how it worked to some high school kids today. They thought I was pulling their leg. lol.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SaintDawg View Post
    Speaking of old tech, I tried to explain dial-up internet and how it worked to some high school kids today. They thought I was pulling their leg. lol.
    LOL!!! Can you imagine them trying to surf the internet on dial up!!! Heads exploding!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    We're going to have Charlie Winfield sitting at a fold out table at our games.**
    "I wish I was taller." -Ziggy

http://https://www.reddit.com/r/seinfeld/comments/ia4twz/a_crisp_version_of_the_new_yorker_cartoon_from/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=ioss mf&utm_term=link
    Last edited by Maroonthirteen; 01-29-2023 at 08:53 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    That is maybe the way NIL was drawn up but let's not kid ourselves. It has and always only about giving players money to play because they were getting taken advantage of was the narrative despite the tons of money and benefits, they were all getting. The perceived player discrimination was the issue at the core.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SaintDawg View Post
    Lol! I wished you'd have videod that! Back in the mid 80s I worked in IT and we transmitted data on a 600bps modem lol