Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: State vs tcu game thread

vCash
    Haha, nice

vCash
    Broke out the Ardbeg Uigeadail to toast this worthy win. Neat. Salud.

vCash
    Jans has the offense playing with noticeably more tempo.

We don't have guys that can create their own shots and take advantage of some of what we create. But I think it's helped us out. Defense is still solid.

Our next 4 games are @SC, Missouri, LSU, and @Arkansas. Would be nice to go 3-1 in that stretch. That gets us back into the conversation. We play no more ranked teams the rest of the way in conference.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    Jans has the offense playing with noticeably more tempo.

We don't have guys that can create their own shots and take advantage of some of what we create. But I think it's helped us out. Defense is still solid.

Our next 4 games are @SC, Missouri, LSU, and @Arkansas. Would be nice to go 3-1 in that stretch. That gets us back into the conversation. We play no more ranked teams the rest of the way in conference.
    I agree, I noticed the offensive improvement last game. He ran some plays that impressed me, he wasn't doing that before

vCash
    I hope we all give Jan's time. We often forget how long it takes to instill culture and get your scheme not just installed, but taught on a level that the leaders on the team can set examples with it. It's obvious now that we are improving with each game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    I hope we all give Jan's time. We often forget how long it takes to instill culture and get your scheme not just installed, but taught on a level that the leaders on the team can set examples with it. It's obvious now that we are improving with each game.
    Think everyone is invested for at least another year. The primary concern is recruiting and how he does next time out in the portal. We'll see how well he does with that next hurdle.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NCMSTFAN View Post
    It's so important to have good gaurd play. Hopefully this can continue
    Reed only played 7 minutes, still -5 though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NCMSTFAN View Post
    I agree, I noticed the offensive improvement last game. He ran some plays that impressed me, he wasn't doing that before
    I think he turned to Davis to run the offense. Toulu is now getting more help inside the paint so he is not getting mugged. We need another perimeter shooter and DJ isn't it.

vCash
    TCU has a real problem with Bulldogs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    I think he turned to Davis to run the offense. Toulu is now getting more help inside the paint so he is not getting mugged. We need another perimeter shooter and DJ isn't it.
    Shaq can be the other shooter. I like Stevenson role too. It took nearly all year to figure out PT and roles but we look much more fluid now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    Shaq can be the other shooter. I like Stevenson role too. It took nearly all year to figure out PT and roles but we look much more fluid now.
    Thats what Jans said postgame. The boys are finally figuring out what their roles are

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    Thats what Jans said postgame. The boys are finally figuring out what their roles are
    Davis, Shaq, and Tolu need to take 85% of our shots. Cam and DJ the rest.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    What you think odds are of us getting Davis, shaq, and tolu back next season?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Yep. If Davis and Shak can maintain a perimeter threat, it will pull teams out of that sag or packline defense. That opens up space for Tolu to operate and maneuver on both sides of the basket. And then we see 27 point, 13 rebound games from him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 99jc View Post
    no bet today. i was too busy counting my money! i did taxes today and i am crying.
    Sure you didn?t... I just took a huge drag from my pipe.. you want a hit ??