Thread: NCAA is trying to regulate the NIL disaster... a little.

vCash

NCAA is trying to regulate the NIL disaster... a little.

Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    Too late. This pandoras box has been opened. Regulating the transfer portal is more important. When this happens then the monet' grabbing will be impacted.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    Too late. This pandoras box has been opened. Regulating the transfer portal is more important. When this happens then the monet' grabbing will be impacted.
    I think so too. In the long run, a few teenagers will become millionaires, schools will suffer because of fan rebellion and non-attendance, and the locker room could understandably become toxic (Player A, a QB, running back, or receiver, getting $10M, Player B, probably a lineman, gets next to nothing).

The solution was to allow high school kids to go straight to the NFL, and keep the transfer rule like it was. There probably is no solution now.

vCash
    NIL is Name, Image and Likeness. It's not you give me 500K to play. That is against NCAA rules. They can make money on the side using their NIL. That's what the Supreme Court ruled not pay to play. The right people are taking notice and starting to make some noise.

More of this needs to happen.

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/alaba...l-money-report
    Last edited by Jack Lambert; 01-28-2023 at 06:26 PM.

vCash
    Report that Saban turned down 2 players who wanted 1.3 Mil. Saneness does still happen,

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/alaba...p=hp1bt4,hp1bt

vCash
    We expect the NCAA to enforce the rules and enforce them equally. Cough cough. What a joke

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    NIL is Name, Image and Likeness. It's not you give me 500K to play. That is against NCAA rules. They can make money on the side using their NIL. That's what the Supreme Court ruled not pay to play. The right people are taking notice and starting to make some noise.

More of this needs to happen.

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/alaba...l-money-report
    Look up donor-driven collective. You may be surprised.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    Report that Saban turned down 2 players who wanted 1.3 Mil. Saneness does still happen,

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/alaba...p=hp1bt4,hp1bt
    A lot easier to turn them down when you have 80% of the five stars in the nation hoping for an offer.

vCash
    I took notice to A$M's class last year and how many of them ended up in the portal this year then I noticed that A$M class was a little down from last season. I suspect some supporters woke up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    I took notice to A$M's class last year and how many of them ended up in the portal this year then I noticed that A$M class was a little down from last season. I suspect some supporters woke up.
    Yeah. People don't want to pay a bunch of money for a kid just to see them transfer out next year. Like Steve Miller said "Hoo-hoo-hoo, go on, take the money and run."
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    Oh man…the non-blue blood schools are going to get hammered.

vCash
    Do away with immediate eligibility for transfers and it would help a ton.
    Then just enforce the rule against using nil to entice recruits/transfers and we're about there. It's not complicated. It's just nobody has the guts to do it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Then just enforce the rule against using nil to entice recruits/transfers and we're about there. It's not complicated. It's just nobody has the guts to do it.
    Even if the ncaa had the guts to do it I doubt they have enough enforcement officers to do the job.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    I agree, eliminating the immediate eligibility for transfers would be the most impactful thing they could do to help control the chaos. I assume they don't think it would hold up to legal scrutiny, it seems too obvious.

vCash
    NCAA has no power

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgface View Post
    Even if the ncaa had the guts to do it I doubt they have enough enforcement officers to do the job.
    They just hired more staff.
    But yea, not enough. For less than 10 million they could assign an investigator to every P5 school and pay him 75k a year. That's a drop in the bucket.