Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: BB scrimmage notes from twitter

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Larry has 2B locked down and leadoff hitter. You mean Jordan in LF. Mershon is going to give Forsythe a run at SS. He's hitting really well so far.
    Yup. Although I'd take Dakota Hudson back if we could.

Which makes me wonder, is Dakota way more common as a name than I realize? Or have we had pretty good luck with people named dakota? If Jordan ends up being a stud, should we just start offering schollies to any halfway decent prospect named Dakota? Surely we'd be the only school with 3 Dakotas in the pros if Jordan makes it?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post

Which makes me wonder, is Dakota way more common as a name than I realize? Or have we had pretty good luck with people named dakota? If Jordan ends up being a stud, should we just start offering schollies to any halfway decent prospect named Dakota? Surely we'd be the only school with 3 Dakotas in the pros if Jordan makes it?
    As long as we don't see much of Dakota Fanning

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    As long as we don't see much of Dakota Fanning
    This would make a great walk-out song.***

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    So the OF is firmly...

Ledbetter, Dakota, Kellum

DH - Downs, Hujsack

Does Highfill factor as DH at this point in time?
    Man oh man, Ledbetter and Dakota will make our OF defense superb. Having 2 guys capable of playing CF roaming out there will be awesome.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post

Crap, if North Dakota comes to a Dudy Noble Regional as a 4-seed, we will get swept.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Larry has 2B locked down and leadoff hitter. You mean Jordan in LF. Mershon is going to give Forsythe a run at SS. He's hitting really well so far.
    Yeah, I'd say Larry has it locked

"After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Parker Stinnett had 7 walks in the scrimmage today.

The maroon team had a combined 13 walks in 7 innings. The black team had 5.

I hope we can hit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post

I hope we can hit.
    Yeeeeeaaaaahhhhhh

I seriously honestly would just cut Stinnett if I was Lemonis. It ain't gonna happen.

The problem is we all KNOW he is going to get too many opportunities to fail. And he will.

I was really surprised when we brought him back.

vCash
    anyone going to the scrimmage today or tomorrow?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Yeeeeeaaaaahhhhhh

I seriously honestly would just cut Stinnett if I was Lemonis. It ain't gonna happen.

The problem is we all KNOW he is going to get too many opportunities to fail. And he will.

100%.

vCash
    Yeeeeeaaaaahhhhhh

What is the baseball equivalent of this, lol? Gotta be a way to break through mentally...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    What is the baseball equivalent of this, lol? Gotta be a way to break through mentally...

Steve Blass disease. Although to have Steve Blass disease you have to be able to have had some actual success and command at some point.

So not sure this qualifies.

Mentally he just can't perform when the lights come on. Most people can't.

vCash
    Steve Blass disease. Although to have Steve Blass disease you have to be able to have had some actual success and command at some point.

So not sure this qualifies.

Mentally he just can't perform when the lights come on. Most people can't.
    Yep, it happens........Mark Wohlers for the Braves in the late 90's did the same thing...........Rick Ankiel with the cardinals too.........
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash

I hope we can hit.
    I really hope we told the ump to have a matchbox size zone or Parker pitched 21 innings lol

vCash
    He's worn the yellow jersey which they give to the best defender for the previous day or something.

I think he's pretty decent, he's just not as good as Forsythe with the glove. It's all about what you're willing to trade.

Do you want a better hitter with more pop and serviceable defense, or a singles hitter with near elite defense?

Have to consider that Mershon has never faced SEC pitching so he could very easily struggle at the plate like Lane will. In which case, Lane then has the upper hand
    Forsythe has an A+ glove at most important defensive position. Unless other dude is like a Gridley you leave Forsythe.
    Last edited by MoreCowbell; 02-04-2023 at 04:09 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I really hope we told the ump to have a matchbox size zone or Parker pitched 21 innings lol
    I'm already having nightmares about bad umps this season now that you bring up the tight zone

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MoreCowbell View Post
    Forsythe has an A+ glove at most important defensive position. Unless other dude is Westburg esque you leave Forsythe.
    I think it's going to depend on the situation.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    I think it's going to depend on the situation.
    Gotta be honest I have a soft spot for Forsythe. Dude could not hit a beach and he never let it affect his game. We do not win NC without him. He was such a big piece of that, made every play he needed to. As a true freshman, ice water in his veins.
    Last edited by MoreCowbell; 02-04-2023 at 04:19 PM.

vCash
    Gotta be honest I have a soft spot for Forsythe. Dude could not hit a beach and he never let it affect his game. We do not win NC without him. He was such a big piece of that, made every play he needed to. As a true freshman, ice water in his veins.
    Agreed........I understand the slugging % is low but he did hit .273 last year too and I don't think some posters realize that.........
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Forsythe has an A+ glove at most important defensive position. Unless other dude is like a Gridley you leave Forsythe.
    I want to say in SEC games only, Forsythe led the team in batting average last year.
    Last edited by Schultzy; 02-04-2023 at 04:59 PM.