Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: BB scrimmage notes from twitter

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Color me skeptical. That woulda been a top 15 in distance in mlb last season.
    Wooden bat..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    Wooden bat..
    Well, you still you grown ass men swinging those bats and mlb pitchers velocity to generate even more power.

vCash
    Some of y’all are crazy wanting Forsythe out. Dude has done nothing but defend at an elite level and consistently get better at the plate. Y’all forget dude was a legit freshman when he was thrown into the lineup cause Kam James couldn’t catch a cold at SS. If he continues to get better, why the hell would we want to replace him cause he has one of the best gloves in the SEC at SS.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AlSwearengen View Post
    I?m surprised we are still trying to force Forsythe out of the lineup. It would take Mershon getting into a game and immediately going on an offensive tear that lasted for awhile.

Jordan is built like a tank, so I?m sure he has the ability to hit some tape measure type shots.

If the offense is there, a ?johnnie whole staff? approach to the pitching side might carry us a good ways if several of the pitchers can do the job asked of them and not walk a small city every game.
    Mershon led off the game w/a dinger off of PFS...........Stinnett still struggling with command..........He was roughed up today in his one inning of work.........
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TNDawg35 View Post
    Some of y’all are crazy wanting Forsythe out. Dude has done nothing but defend at an elite level and consistently get better at the plate. Y’all forget dude was a legit freshman when he was thrown into the lineup cause Kam James couldn’t catch a cold at SS. If he continues to get better, why the hell would we want to replace him cause he has one of the best gloves in the SEC at SS.
    Nothing against him. Mershon is just better.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog View Post
    Mershon led off the game w/a dinger off of PFS...........Stinnett still struggling with command..........He was roughed up today in his one inning of work.........
    Oppo homer too. Right now I've got Cade Smith and Gartman as weekend starters. 3 starter is TBA.

On my earlier post, I should have switched Hancock and Clark in the order. Clark should be 8th and Hancock 6th.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Oppo homer too. Right now I've got Cade Smith and Gartman as weekend starters. 3 starter is TBA.

On my earlier post, I should have switched Hancock and Clark in the order. Clark should be 8th and Hancock 6th.
    Still too low in the order. Hancock has the best eye at the plate, and doesn’t swing at bad pitches.

vCash
    Delete

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MaroonFlounder View Post
    Still too low in the order. Hancock has the best eye at the plate, and doesn’t swing at bad pitches.
    He also rolls over on more weak ground balls to the 2B than anyone I have ever seen…

vCash
    He also rolls over on more weak ground balls to the 2B than anyone I have ever seen…
    He needs to pull the ball more.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog View Post
    PFS- lights out when the lights are off.

vCash
    Dakota Jordan and Ross Highfill both came in with some holes that can be exploited by the opposition. All freshmen have that issue when you get to this level of play. But these guys can overcome it quickly. They are both very good athletes and they are both advanced physically (size and strength). They aren’t physically built like freshmen. Their size, strength, and athleticism will make up for some of their inexperience and rawness.

vCash
    How long will it take for some of you to complain that we aren?t bunting enough?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KB21 View Post
    How long will it take for some of you to complain that we aren?t bunting enough?
    Your mom said it's past your bedtime

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KB21 View Post
    Bunting- any festive decorations made of fabric. Plastic, paper, or cardboard may be used in place of fabric. See-Independence Day decorations around Baseball Parks throughout the US of A.

vCash
    If Hancock can hit 350, then move him up. But I don't think Lemonis can bench Highfill's potential for another 260 season with 5 little bombs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    If Hancock can hit 350, then move him up. But I don't think Lemonis can bench Highfill's potential for another 260 season with 5 little bombs.
    I'll be happy with .300 from Hancock.

vCash
    He worked really hard to get Luke to come back and named him captain of the team. Highfill will get some time to rest Luke, but otherwise Luke will have to tank hard to fall out of the regular lineup.

vCash
    Hancock will be in the line-up. Lemonis may have to find ways to get players enough swings if we swing like we can potentially, but I don't see Hancock not in the lineup barring a Josh Hatcher type of collapse. He stabilizes the lineup, doesn't strikeout, will do the things at the plate to move/score runners and gets on base a lot.

vCash
    Josh Hatcher in 2021 said hold my beer son...