Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Brian Kelly salary overpayment

vCash
    I had a friend at work that had his retirement income figured incorrectly and they wanted it back after a year. It was discovered when someone else retired and they figure his wrong as well. That guy knew his business and corrected them. They went back to check and found this other guy's was figured incorrectly as well.

He was working for a company that was bought out. The employees were given a lump sum for that time served for retirement. The new company was not supposed to honor those years served. When they figured his retirement, they gave him credit for those years. They ending up in a lawsuit because he would not have retired. They ended settling out of court. He was able to keep the extra money for that year but his retirement was reduced from that point forward.

vCash
    To be fair, I highly doubt any college football coach checks their check stubs ever. I wish I could go a week without balancing my stuff and just know I am good to buy whatever without worrying about next month. Could you imagine that luxury??

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverick91 View Post
    So you are saying you are crooked ?
    Ha ha, Funny no! Crooks are always looking for new ways to steal, lie, cheat or whatever! Just read the news articles about crooks and it is amazing at the inventive, note I am not saying smart, ways to cheat!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EdwardDrayton View Post
    So LSU discovers they accidentally overpaid Kelly $1 million in 2022. Wasn't surfaced by Kelly or his folks mind you but from an audit.

Thinking it's kinda' hard to miss an extra mil in your accounts?
    Could be that between his contract and what LSU pays him, what the private association pays him, etc, that an accountant at LSU got confused and included a clause as something LSU pays when it should be coming from the private foundation.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    But why would LSU want to go through him to do that? That's unnecessary.

Just do it through the LSU version of Charlie Winfield.
    The extra million was paid to an LLC. Not to Kelly directly. Fwiw

vCash
    Anytime lsu and money are involved it's not an honest mistake. There's something else to this, now will we ever know? Lol no.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    I've worked with people that have their pay routed directly to a private banker. Banker then drops a set amount in their checking account and directs the leftovers to different investments pursuant to an agreed upon plan.

It wouldn't shock me at all if Kelly had that arrangement and nobody notified him he was getting extra. Especially if it was $1M spread out over a year rather than one, $1M payment.
    I would never do this. That much money corrupts even the most virtuous folks, especially with little to no internal controls. I would watch my money like a hawk.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    I've worked with people that have their pay routed directly to a private banker. Banker then drops a set amount in their checking account and directs the leftovers to different investments pursuant to an agreed upon plan.

It wouldn't shock me at all if Kelly had that arrangement and nobody notified him he was getting extra. Especially if it was $1M spread out over a year rather than one, $1M payment.
    As the employee, you would still get some type of paystub. And Kelly should look at his paystub if he has a brain. I operate a business (I don't own it) worth over $100 million. I assure you I would notice a $1 million issue in the business. Heck, we had an issue two weeks ago, where something was off by $28. We found the $28.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Extendedcab View Post
    Ha ha, Funny no! Crooks are always looking for new ways to steal, lie, cheat or whatever! Just read the news articles about crooks and it is amazing at the inventive, note I am not saying smart, ways to cheat!
    The saddest part is they are getting away with it more and more.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    The extra million was paid to an LLC. Not to Kelly directly. Fwiw
    Actually it was paid to the LLC and the coach directly.

vCash
    Just further affirmation that even when the just and moral way is easy the coonass wants nothing to do with it if he can’t cheat then try to rub your face in it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    My thought is maybe he has a mistress that they want to keep happy and quiet.

Giving the money to Kelly would make sense then because if they are audited then whoever is doing the audit is going to be like "Hey, why did you give 1 million dollars to this Mrs Boudreau? What's her job title at LSU?"

I bet they just say it was an error or that it was a bonus.
    It's hard to imagine Brian Kelley having a mistress (but I guess Orgeron did).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    It's hard to imagine Brian Kelley having a mistress (but I guess Orgeron did).
    Money has a way of hypnotizing some women into seeing only 'inner beauty'.