Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brian Kelly salary overpayment

vCash

Brian Kelly salary overpayment

So LSU discovers they accidentally overpaid Kelly $1 million in 2022. Wasn't surfaced by Kelly or his folks mind you but from an audit.

Thinking it's kinda' hard to miss an extra mil in your accounts?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EdwardDrayton View Post
    So LSU discovers they accidentally overpaid Kelly $1 million in 2022. Wasn't surfaced by Kelly or his folks mind you but from an audit.

Well Kelly didn't know the FBI is doing the auditing there now.

vCash

When you make a million a month you might not notice. Probably doesn't have to worry about overdrafts.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    When you make a million a month you might not notice. Probably doesn't have to worry about overdrafts.
    It's possible I guess but I'm a little skeptical. We've picked up overpayments before --- not on that absolute dollar scale of course --- but on a similar percentage scale and notified the bank before their folks even caught it.

vCash
    My initial thought was it was intentional by the university so he could use it to sway hesitant athletes - extra unaccounted for money!

vCash
    It's possible I guess but I'm a little skeptical. We've picked up overpayments before --- not on that absolute dollar scale of course --- but on a similar percentage scale and notified the bank before their folks even caught it.
    You'd think the University would have noticed without an audit. I was being a little facetious, but really, when you're in that salary range you might be pretty much be oblivious to deposits. I certainly wouldn't know from experience. People have gotten in trouble before for not reporting and using erroneous deposits, however.

vCash
    If my paycheck was 50 cents high or low I would notice. It’s called tending to your business.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by somebodyshotmypaw View Post
    If my paycheck was 50 cents high or low I would notice. It?s called tending to your business.
    Exactly. There is something off here.

vCash
    If my paycheck was 50 cents high or low I would notice. It’s called tending to your business.
    Same here. Something fishy about this. Of course you're talking about lsu here so doing crooked things don't even count as wrong-doing down there.

vCash
    If somebody overpaid an employee by $1 million, I would hope somebody got fired quickly.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Extendedcab View Post
    My initial thought was it was intentional by the university so he could use it to sway hesitant athletes - extra unaccounted for money!
    But why would LSU want to go through him to do that? That's unnecessary.

Just do it through the LSU version of Charlie Winfield.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Same here. Something fishy about this. Of course you're talking about lsu here so doing crooked things don't even count as wrong-doing down there.
    My thought is maybe he has a mistress that they want to keep happy and quiet.

Giving the money to Kelly would make sense then because if they are audited then whoever is doing the audit is going to be like "Hey, why did you give 1 million dollars to this Mrs Boudreau? What's her job title at LSU?"

I bet they just say it was an error or that it was a bonus.

vCash
    I was overpaid one pay cycle and called accounting to see if I had gotten a raise, they were like oh shit! No you didn’t but Thanks, just keep it with the knowledge that your next direct deposit will be almost nothing.

I always wondered if they would’ve ever caught it. But I know for a fact they had to review the whole company’s payroll that cycle to make sure I was the only one.

My wife had to talk me into calling them about it bc I was considering playing dumb. They say they would’ve eventually caught it but I’m not so sure.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Schultzy View Post
    I was overpaid one pay cycle and called accounting to see if I had gotten a raise, they were like oh shit! No you didn’t but Thanks, just keep it with the knowledge that your next direct deposit will be almost nothing.

I always wondered if they would’ve ever caught it. But I know for a fact they had to review the whole company’s payroll that cycle to make sure I was the only one.

My wife had to talk me into calling them about it bc I was considering playing dumb. They say they would’ve eventually caught it but I’m not so sure.

Considering?
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    Its always the rich that get an erroneous over payment. Waiting for that call.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    But why would LSU want to go through him to do that? That's unnecessary.

Just do it through the LSU version of Charlie Winfield.
    I thought it would be yet even another way they could get recruits money outside the normal channels. If you're crooked, you think of different ways to cheat the system. I just saw this as another back channel - another way to cheat.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    If I was making $1 million/month and ended up with an extra million, I would never know it. After the first few months I would be good and have funds setup to transfer to certain accounts. Some of those I would check seldom. I could see this happening to a rich person.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Extendedcab View Post
    I thought it would be yet even another way they could get recruits money outside the normal channels. If you're crooked, you think of different ways to cheat the system. I just saw this as another back channel - another way to cheat.
    So you are saying you are crooked ?

vCash
    I've worked with people that have their pay routed directly to a private banker. Banker then drops a set amount in their checking account and directs the leftovers to different investments pursuant to an agreed upon plan.

It wouldn't shock me at all if Kelly had that arrangement and nobody notified him he was getting extra. Especially if it was $1M spread out over a year rather than one, $1M payment.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    If I was making $1 million/month and ended up with an extra million, I would never know it. After the first few months I would be good and have funds setup to transfer to certain accounts. Some of those I would check seldom. I could see this happening to a rich person.
    Maybe, but the wealthy people I know track almost every single penny. It's the reason they're wealthy is because they know where their funds are coming from and where they're going. I'm not buying he didn't know and even if he didn't someone at lsu should've caught it. Naw there's something fishy going on I mean it is lsu lol!