Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: MBK upcoming schedule

vCash
    We have to win LSU, @OM, SC, and @Vandy. That leaves @Ark, UK, @Mizzou, and A&M. We need to win at least 2 of these.
    @Ark and @Mizzou are currently Q1 and UK could end up there also. We need another Q1 win. Also need Utah to get back in the top 50 so that's a Q1 win.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LC Dawg View Post
    We have to win LSU, @OM, SC, and @Vandy. That leaves @Ark, UK, @Mizzou, and A&M. We need to win at least 2 of these.
    @Ark and @Mizzou are currently Q1 and UK could end up there also. We need another Q1 win. Also need Utah to get back in the top 50 so that's a Q1 win.
    This pretty much sums it up right here. No bad losses, get a couple good wins. If we get to 9-9 in conference I think we are definitely in. 8-10 and things are dicey and dependent on some other things.

I'll be interested to see the updated Bracketology after the weekend. 46 in NET is fringe tournament team. Not in but in the conversation.

vCash
    We have to take it one game at a time but I honestly feel like we can beat everyone remaining on the schedule. That being said we can also lose to everyone remaining on our schedule. I wish we didn't dig ourselves in this hole because we are actually a good team. We just need to finish strong... we can't lose more than 3 games finishing out... dont forget we have the SEC tournament as well to try to get a few wins

vCash
    I'm not sure we can make it without sweeping home games, beating all but ark or mizzou on road, and winning a game in sec tourney. Making the ncaat as an at large is hard AF

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I'm not sure we can make it without sweeping home games, beating all but ark or mizzou on road, and winning a game in sec tourney. Making the ncaat as an at large is hard AF
    We definitely can do it. Prior to this weekends game, Missouri was on the 7 line according to Lunardi. They are 5-5 in conference (2 games better than us having played only 1 team currently ranked in the Top 25 in conference while we've played 5 such games).

We also now have a better NET than Missouri (46 for us and 48 for Missouri). If we can beat LSU and win @Arkansas who is 29th in NET, we will be projected in.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NCMSTFAN View Post
    We have to take it one game at a time but I honestly feel like we can beat everyone remaining on the schedule. That being said we can also lose to everyone remaining on our schedule. I wish we didn't dig ourselves in this hole because we are actually a good team. We just need to finish strong... we can't lose more than 3 games finishing out... dont forget we have the SEC tournament as well to try to get a few wins
    Talked to Darrell Wilson at a recent HS game, (He is HC at IAHS and heck of a great guy). He agrees with your synopsis of a strong finish in the regular season and a win in the SEC Tourney. I asked him if he had any eligibility left and could come back and hit some three's for us. Said he was too old for that! Hail State!

vCash
    I think we'll hold serve at home. I worry most about us dropping one of the road games that will hurt us because it's hard to win on the road - even against bad teams sometimes. Ole Miss is a rivalry game and we never seem to play well at Vandy.
    @Ark will be extremely difficult but I'm curious about @Mizzou since we just beat them pretty solidly at home.

vCash
    Losing that Florida game at home was really bad. I get UF is decent, but that is a game we had to win. Now we have no room for error and will have to win @ark or @Mizzou to make up for that. I think @Mizzou is a bit more feasible because we never do well @Ark. At the same time we have to beat @Ole Miss @Vandy and beat LSU, aTm and SC at home. It’s going to be very tough but that is what we need to do or somehow upset UK who is now playing like a top 15 team

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    Talked to Darrell Wilson at a recent HS game, (He is HC at IAHS and heck of a great guy). He agrees with your synopsis of a strong finish in the regular season and a win in the SEC Tourney. I asked him if he had any eligibility left and could come back and hit some three's for us. Said he was too old for that! Hail State!
    Nice!!! Hailstate!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PGHBulldogBG View Post
    Losing that Florida game at home was really bad. I get UF is decent, but that is a game we had to win. Now we have no room for error and will have to win @ark or @Mizzou to make up for that. I think @Mizzou is a bit more feasible because we never do well @Ark. At the same time we have to beat @Ole Miss @Vandy and beat LSU, aTm and SC at home. It’s going to be very tough but that is what we need to do or somehow upset UK who is now playing like a top 15 team
    Agree that UF loss could keep us out of tourney. How big would a road win at Bama had been? We are so close to being in. Those two games would have given us huge margin, now we have almost no margin.

This team can do it. 96 Final 4 team lost like 4 of 5 mid season but went on a tear in 2-3 weeks like no other.

vCash
    I?m not saying we win out because that would require something pretty remarkable, but I will say that there is not a team left on our schedule that I don?t think we can beat. I wish we had weathered the January storm just a little bit better, and were 5-5 instead of 3-7, but we very much have a path filled with a bunch of winnable games.

vCash
    We just got one against LSU. Certainly not a big win, but it would have been a catastrophic loss. Now on the road against Arkansas would be a big win.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Reunion Dog View Post
    I can see 1-10 very easily. Y?all need to get real? this team sucks
    Well theres 4.
    Keep keeping it real

vCash
    I think the most realistic ending for this team is 8-10. That will put us at 20-11. If we win 2 SEC tournament games we make the NCAA tournament. If we do not we will be high NIT. I see losses @Ark, @Missouri. Wins against SC, @Ole Miss. Then we take 2 of the 3 from UK at home, aTm at home and @Vandy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LC Dawg View Post
    I think we'll hold serve at home. I worry most about us dropping one of the road games that will hurt us because it's hard to win on the road - even against bad teams sometimes. Ole Miss is a rivalry game and we never seem to play well at Vandy.
    @Ark will be extremely difficult but I'm curious about @Mizzou since we just beat them pretty solidly at home.
    I haven't watched much if any of Arkansas but Klein last night seemed to think that their trouble scoring and our defense would make it a very winnable game. We controlled the game at home against Mizzou, but on the road I can see their pressure getting to us and if they hit 3s it could be a game where they run us out of the gym. @scUM and @Vandy won't be gimmes either, especially after what happened last night in Nashville.

vCash
    It is, especially for a major conference school, but the solution is to just go ahead and win all the rest of the games we have left. And the way they're playing now, they have a decent chance of doing that, or almost doing that.

vCash
    Georgia winning today likely secures our "bad loss" as just a quad 2 loss. We couldn't afford them slipping to a Quad 3 or 4.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by trob115 View Post
    Georgia winning today likely secures our "bad loss" as just a quad 2 loss. We couldn't afford them slipping to a Quad 3 or 4.
    I actually think the home loss to Florida is worse than the road loss to Georgia. That game is the one game we lost that really made me mad. Losing to SEC teams on the road outside Ole Miss and South Carolina is acceptable with the talent we have, and so is losing to Bama and Tenn at home along with Drake on the road who is going to win the MVC. The Florida loss was frustrating but then again I didn’t expect us to beat TCU so it kind of evens out.

vCash
    And there is another one. Down go the Hogs in Fayetteville!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Reunion Dog View Post
    I can see 1-10 very easily. Y?all need to get real? this team sucks
    Just keeping it real .. Thats 5 douche bag..