Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Prime time putting together a nice staff

vCash

Prime time putting together a nice staff

Mike zimmer joining staff now. Pretty impressive to get a successful nfl coach on his staff as a non-cood.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Mike zimmer joining staff now. Pretty impressive to get a successful nfl coach on his staff as a non-cood.
    His staff at JSU was solid. People doubt Deion because of the Prime Time schtick. The guy has always been driven to excel and I feel pretty certain he will succeed at Colorado.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    I was all on board with "coach prime" in the beginning. But, the more I watch, the more he has a used car shadiness about him, and it seems rehearsed. Now I don't know what to think about him.
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    He is all about him some Deion but knows to surround himself with a great staff. He'll let them coach and he just motivates and comes with the good timed sound bites.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancho View Post
    He is all about him some Deion but knows to surround himself with a great staff. He'll let them coach and he just motivates and comes with the good timed sound bites.
    And get players.

vCash
    exactly

vCash
    I am intrigued where Colorado is finding this NIL money to pay for these players.

I'm guessing this is all barstool related, that is how Prime got Travis Hunter, and now they landed the number 1 corner that was supposed to go to Miami, now going to Colorado?

I really am interested in how this all works, because Colorado's alumni base is not just putting together 10 million dollars to go get players, hell the AD admitted they didn't have it in their budget to pay Prime.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    His staff at JSU was solid. People doubt Deion because of the Prime Time schtick. The guy has always been driven to excel and I feel pretty certain he will succeed at Colorado.
    Doubt him? Colorado has no where to go but up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Jenkins View Post
    I was all on board with "coach prime" in the beginning. But, the more I watch, the more he has a used car shadiness about him, and it seems rehearsed. Now I don't know what to think about him.
    I disagree. The more I watched the more I was impressed, he holds his coaches just as responsible as he does the players, he is a leader and motivator. At the end of the day he will always be flashy, that's what makes him Prime time but he knows how to surround himself with the right people and knows who to rely on.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NCMSTFAN View Post
    I disagree. The more I watched the more I was impressed, he holds his coaches just as responsible as he does the players, he is a leader and motivator. At the end of the day he will always be flashy, that's what makes him Prime time but he knows how to surround himself with the right people and knows who to rely on.
    That is exactly what I thought at first. But after watching his youtube channel, and his son's youtube channel......, and his other son's youtube channel....., and his other son's youtube channel...., and his daughters youtube channel I'm less certain.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Jenkins View Post
    He is absolutely a salesman. Sadly, that is what the kids want.

Also, he is figuring out a way to get people to put money in the hands of these highly rated corners and other players that Colorado had no shot at, but now all of a sudden they are going there, despite little to no NIL money through CU alumni. So how is it working.

vCash
    I don't know why people think Colorado can't come up with money if they want to start playing ball in the NIL world.

Their endowment is $2.13 billion. That's a huge endowment! They obviously have no problem raising money.

In comparison, our endowment is $698 million
    Ole Miss' endowment $775 million
    The University of Alabama's endowment is $1.09billion (HALF of Colorado's)
    The University of Georgia's endowment is $1.82 billion (still less than Colorado's)

Granted, a university's endowment is different than athletic funds raised. But having one in excess of $2 billion shows that they can raise money when needed, from a very wealthy alumni base. It's a new day and a new ballgame in college sports. Schools with access to funds are going to excel if they so choose.

Colorado has double Alabama's endowment. DOUBLE! If they want to start raising money for sports, they have the base from which to draw. Now that they have a highly motivated head coach who can recruit athletes and motivate the fan base, they're going to be a force to be reckoned with sooner, rather than later.

Texas has floundered for more than a decade. I think that's about to change. They just need a coach that can recruit and motivate the fan base like Deon. The University of Texas' endowment is $42.3 BILLION! It hasn't helped them to this point, but we are only two years in to the NIL world. I believe when Texas gets into the SEC and has a couple of years of buying players they will be giving Georgia a run for their money.

Of course, it hasn't helped A&M (measly $18 billion endowment), but give it time, and get a different coach and we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
    I am intrigued where Colorado is finding this NIL money to pay for these players.

I'm guessing this is all barstool related, that is how Prime got Travis Hunter, and now they landed the number 1 corner that was supposed to go to Miami, now going to Colorado?

I really am interested in how this all works, because Colorado's alumni base is not just putting together 10 million dollars to go get players, hell the AD admitted they didn't have it in their budget to pay Prime.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dotcomdawg View Post
    I don't know why people think Colorado can't come up with money if they want to start playing ball in the NIL world.

Their endowment is $2.13 billion. That's a huge endowment! They obviously have no problem raising money.

The University of Georgia's endowment is $1.82 billion (still less than Colorado's)

Granted, a university's endowment is different than athletic funds raised. But having one in excess of $2 billion shows that they can raise money when needed, from a very wealthy alumni base. It's a new day and a new ballgame in college sports. Schools with access to funds are going to excel if they so choose.

Colorado has double Alabama's endowment. DOUBLE! If they want to start raising money for sports, they have the base from which to draw. Now that they have a highly motivated head coach who can recruit athletes and motivate the fan base, they're going to be a force to be reckoned with sooner, rather than later.

Texas has floundered for more than a decade. I think that's about to change. They just need a coach that can recruit and motivate the fan base like Deon. The University of Texas' endowment is $42.3 BILLION! It hasn't helped them to this point, but we are only two years in to the NIL world. I believe when Texas gets into the SEC and has a couple of years of buying players they will be giving Georgia a run for their money.

Of course, it hasn't helped A&M (measly $18 billion endowment), but give it time, and get a different coach and we'll see.
    There's plenty on money at CU, the question is do they give enough of a damn about football to spend it on players? Maybe, IDK. It will be interesting to see how it turns out.

vCash
    If you haven?t realized all of these top coaches are salesmen and self absorbed then I don?t know what you have been watching. Jimbo, Dabo, Saban, Urban, etc are all about themselves. They sell a dream to players but ultimately it?s about their own career and success first.

Colorado has won a NC before. Coach Prime is just waking a program that has been asleep for the last 25 years.

vCash
    Yeah. Colorado fans probably been using those budget cards they get in the mail every year to mark their library books.

You can bet now though they are lining up to write checks for the players PrimeTime can get.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dotcomdawg View Post

We shall see if they actually want to be a football school at this scale, though. I go to nearly all home ball-games because Folsom Field is pretty much a perfect football venue. Beer tastes better, parking is easy, no bugs, no sweating, and because I am an MSU fan, I don't really care who wins.

If I had to predict the future, Colorado will be better very quickly and rise in the hollowed-out Pac-12. Then the Hollow Pac-12's remaining schools need to decide on expansion to mid-majors - or merger with the hollow Big-12. They may lose Washington and Oregon next. Then PrimeTime will leave to an SEC job or Florida State. Boulder people have money like Princeton and Palo Alto people, but they don't want huge crowds of meat heads in Boulder. They are another Berkley, California, basically.

vCash
    Really wish we had an AD when the Leach tragedy occurred. Not saying it would have gone differently, but can't believe we didn't at least do our due diligence to interview him.

vCash
    Interview who? Selmon is top of the line

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DEDawg View Post
    Really wish we had an AD when the Leach tragedy occurred. Not saying it would have gone differently, but can't believe we didn't at least do our due diligence to interview him.
    Well, that would have been a great way to ruin all of the public goodwill instantly.

Colorado was well down the road with Coach Prime when Leach passed. You may not be aware of how many black people had an issue with Coach Prime leaving JSU. If it had been to an instate school the heat would have been nuclear.
    Death penalty or bust!!!***

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Reason2succeed View Post
    If you haven?t realized all of these top coaches are salesmen and self absorbed then I don?t know what you have been watching. Jimbo, Dabo, Saban, Urban, etc are all about themselves. They sell a dream to players but ultimately it?s about their own career and success first.

Colorado has won a NC before. Coach Prime is just waking a program that has been asleep for the last 25 years.
    And if you have ever met Bill McCartney - who had them rolling in the late 80s and early 90s - you'd know that guy could sell snow balls to eskimos.