Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dak

vCash

Dak

Guys. He is getting slayed around the DFW this week. I mean nobody, and I mean nobody, really wants him here anymore. I've defended him and still will. He had a poor performance but he is still top 10 in this league and the cowboys have no chance at upgrading other than moving up in the draft. I think people don't realize how predictable the cowboys offense has always been as well as the lack of separation his receivers got this year. Kellen should have bootlegged him much more and challenged the speed of that defense more. I would argue that the 49ers would have won easily had they swapped QBs. And dak would be killing it on the eagles right now.

I hope for his sake he gets traded to a team that has some real ingenuity on offense. I wish he could be a saint in a place where he would be appreciated or wind up with Sean Payton somehow. I think he needs a change of scenery for his own mindset.

vCash
    He really didn't play well at all. I've been a big supporter and I realize he has crap WR's to throw too and the OC play calling is garbage, but he still had throws that most would have made and he missed them. That game was there for the taking and he had one of his worst games. He wasn't remotely accurate. I hate it. i've been trying to stay away from the articles and videos since the game.

vCash
    Nobody is going to take his current contract from Dallas. If he were playing at the level of Maholmes, Rogers, or heck.....even Purdy, someone might bite. But I'm afraid Dak is too up and down in his performances. Dallas has him for 2 more years, then the speculation will start. Unless Dallas goes deep into the playoffs or even wins it all in the next 2 years, I don't see them resigning him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    Guys. He is getting slayed around the DFW this week. I mean nobody, and I mean nobody, really wants him here anymore. I've defended him and still will. He had a poor performance but he is still top 10 in this league and the cowboys have no chance at upgrading other than moving up in the draft. I think people don't realize how predictable the cowboys offense has always been as well as the lack of separation his receivers got this year. Kellen should have bootlegged him much more and challenged the speed of that defense more. I would argue that the 49ers would have won easily had they swapped QBs. And dak would be killing it on the eagles right now.

I hope for his sake he gets traded to a team that has some real ingenuity on offense. I wish he could be a saint in a place where he would be appreciated or wind up with Sean Payton somehow. I think he needs a change of scenery for his own mindset.
    He is getting roasted around DFW this week, but I'll be honest it's warranted. He played terrible. He had 2 int's and should've had 4. He's making 100 mil+ and it comes with the territory. At his peak, you're right he's a top 10 QB but I wouldn't say he's top 10 on any given day. They're going to roast him for another week or two and then forget about it and convince themselves that he's a top 5 QB like they do every year. Cowboys fans go through the same cycle every year.

And Sean Payton can't help him. He needs to restructure his contract so they can bring in receivers. They have a bona fide WR1 in Lamb and then guys who are past their prime( Gallup and Hilton) or couldn't start for almost any other team in the league( Brown). Sean's offense worked in NOLA for so long because of the greatness of Drew Brees and the great skill players they had for so many years. Dak isn't Drew Brees, he's not close to it. And as I stated outside of Lamb they don't have good receivers. There's no Robert Meacham's or Kenny Stills or Willie Snead's or Lance Moore's on that roster. They don't have a Jimmy Graham or Jeremy Shockey who you could always go to. Dalton Schultz is a reliable target, but he doesn't come close to those two. The other problem is that Sean and Mickey ran the draft in NOLA and they drafted SO WELL for SO MANY years. Jerry lets Will McClay "advise" him and Stephen, but they have the final call and by and large they are terrible talent evaluators.

vCash
    Even the biggest Dak cheerleaders will admit he's streaky. When he's good he's really good. When he's bad he's really bad. Also, the offense is sort of magnifying his bad games. There is fault on him and on the staff too, its not all "Dak is garbage" or "the staff is garbage", its a little of both. Unfortunately, both sides happen to lay an egg at the same time in the biggest game of the year. He needs to get out of there while he still has good years left in him.
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaceBully View Post
    Nobody is going to take his current contract from Dallas. If he were playing at the level of Maholmes, Rogers, or heck.....even Purdy, someone might bite. But I'm afraid Dak is too up and down in his performances. Dallas has him for 2 more years, then the speculation will start. Unless Dallas goes deep into the playoffs or even wins it all in the next 2 years, I don't see them resigning him.
    I see this take and just laugh every time. Purdy is good right now because of the insanely stupid and elite talent around him. He has Aiyuk, Deebo, Mccafferey, and Kittle. That's 4 guys who are at the top 10 at their positions. He has a top 3 LT in Trent Williams. He has one of the 3 best play callers in the league calling the plays and on top of all that he only has to produce 10-20 pts a game because their defense is probably the best in the league. You put Dak in SF and he looks like a Top 5 QB because of the talent around him. It's not because of Brock Purdy. He has not elevated that offense. The addition of Christian Mccafferey is the biggest reason they look better right now than they did early in the season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    I see this take and just laugh every time. Purdy is good right now because of the insanely stupid and elite talent around him. He has Aiyuk, Deebo, Mccafferey, and Kittle. That's 4 guys who are at the top 10 at their positions. He has a top 3 LT in Trent Williams. He has one of the 3 best play callers in the league calling the plays and on top of all that he only has to produce 10-20 pts a game because their defense is probably the best in the league. You put Dak in SF and he looks like a Top 5 QB because of the talent around him. It's not because of Brock Purdy. He has not elevated that offense. The addition of Christian Mccafferey is the biggest reason they look better right now than they did early in the season.
    I've laughed at some of your takes too, but don't normally post about it. Well, I'm guilty now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    They have a bona fide WR1 in Lamb
    I am not on this bandwagon. Lamb has speed and hands, but his body and size do not equate to a #1. He gets pushed around too much and cannot out battle someone for the ball. I still think he's a #2.

vCash
    If you swapped Purdy and Dak. 49ers win by 17 points

vCash
    Dak is pressing because he has to. When Pollard went down so did the run game. That means that the #1 defense with the top pass rusher in the league could just blitz on almost every play.

On top of that, there were a handful of plays that the WR actually got open. Dallas has the overall worst group of receivers in the league.

vCash
    He is getting roasted everywhere, and its hard to defend him at this point. I spent years defending his play and he isn't a horrible QB, but he isn't great either. Those interceptions he threw this season cost them and he did it in the playoffs in a winnable game, those Dallas fans in that area will never forgive him for that.

vCash
    Where is Dallas against the salary cap? Other good teams are paying their QB even more $ like KC and have a much better supporting cast to help their QB. Did Jones have any more $ to spend this season and wouldn't do it or tapped out? Cutting Zeke and a few others will help, but will now be payday time for Pollard. Does Dak need/have to restructure contact to get help? He has only one WR that would start for another team, Lamb who disappears like many of our WR's. TE play was a joke in last drive. No running game after Pollard was hurt. Seems they don't want him to roll out after ankle injury. Many issues. Have hated Dallas my entire life, only watch because of Dak. He cannot consistently carry team without help.
    Last edited by Goldendawg; 01-25-2023 at 03:09 PM.

vCash
    They still love Romo. Dak had a bad game but without a running game, half assed receivers he was forced to press it. Plus you can tell by his throws his thumb is still bothering him. But he is a big boy and he knows this comes with the territory. Give him Whitten and Irvin he wins. These guts know how to get open and how to muscle for the ball.
    Last edited by parabrave; 01-25-2023 at 03:12 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaceBully View Post
    I've laughed at some of your takes too, but don't normally post about it. Well, I'm guilty now.
    So you would rather have Brock Purdy than Dak Prescott. Ok.....that at least gives us a baseline of your football knowledge. Do you also prefer Nick Foles over Joe Burrow? I mean Nick won a Super Bowl and Joe Burrow lost his? Or what about Jared Goff over Josh Allen? I mean Goff made a Super Bowl

The point I'm making is that those guys had a moment. Whether that be they got on a heater or they had elite talent around them. It doesn't mean they're an elite QB. Now if the 49ers want to continue to pay Brock Purdy pennies so they can make the team around him elite and hide his deficiencies, which there are many, then they can try that. However, history tells us that won't work because the QB always gets greedy.
    Last edited by StarkVegasSteve; 01-25-2023 at 03:12 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    They still love Romo. Dak had a bad game but without a running game, half assed receivers he was forced to press it. Plus you can tell by his throws his thumb is still bothering him. But he is a big boy and he knows this comes with the territory. Give him Whitten and Irvin he wins. These guts know how to get open and how to muscle for the ball.
    Ok this post has too much common sense to post on a message board.
    Its much easier to put all the blame on QB1 for Zeke being a glorified fullback, only one NFL WR on the field that's not really a true WR1 he's really WR2, and a 12 year old drawing up plays in the dirt on the sidelines.
    Once Pollard went down, there wasn't a QB1 that was in the playoffs that would have swapped offensive weapons or OC's with Dak.
    But I digress.
    Love All Worship One!
    Go Dawgz!

vCash
    Kellen Moore's play calling is college level bullshit. Moore is not doing Dak any favors with his idiocy on the play sheet. If I could diagnose what they were doing in three seconds the 49ers knew in one. Kellen would probably kill it as a college OC but he's over his head in the NFL.

vCash
    Hes getting roasted but if you replaced him with anyone but the top handful of players in the league you would end up with a losing record this year. Even the top flight guys would end in about the same fashion. Dallas is a TERRIBLY managed franchise with no WR corp to speak of, no RB (outside of Pollard who went down) and a very questionable OL.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    Hes getting roasted but if you replaced him with anyone but the top handful of players in the league you would end up with a losing record this year. Even the top flight guys would end in about the same fashion. Dallas is a TERRIBLY managed franchise with no WR corp to speak of, no RB (outside of Pollard who went down) and a very questionable OL.
    There's probably 5, maybe 6, QBs who could elevate Dallas( Mahomes, Burrow, Allen, Hurts, Rodgers, maybe Herbert). However, I don't know that any outside of Mahomes and maybe Burrow that could survive the Kellen Moore play calling. It's atrocious. Even as a Saints fan I feel sorry for their offense because I know they have to sit in the huddle and just be like, "WTF did he just call?"

vCash
    It's not all Dak's fault but when u make the money he does, critics gonna bitch, just comes with the territory.

I love Dak, but he isn't elite and want be in Dallas. Only professional team worse than Dallas as far as fans, New York Yankees. Tough places to play if u aren't elite.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msudawglb View Post
    He really didn't play well at all. I've been a big supporter and I realize he has crap WR's to throw too and the OC play calling is garbage, but he still had throws that most would have made and he missed them. That game was there for the taking and he had one of his worst games. He wasn't remotely accurate. I hate it. i've been trying to stay away from the articles and videos since the game.
    Against the best defense in the league with guys in his face all day. If he has weapons on that team, that takes off a lot of pressure. Again, he was no worse that the other good QBs that lost this week.