Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dak

vCash
    Jerry Jones is a 17tard GM. As long as fans are mad at someone other than him, he's happy. He doesn't care about winning. He cares about making money.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    It's not all Dak's fault but when u make the money he does, critics gonna bitch, just comes with the territory.

I love Dak, but he isn't elite and want be in Dallas. Only professional team worse than Dallas as far as fans, New York Yankees. Tough places to play if u aren't elite.
    He's going to be the 15th highest paid QB next year. He got them to top 8 in the NFL this year with the 8th or 9th highest salary.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    Guys. He is getting slayed around the DFW this week. I mean nobody, and I mean nobody, really wants him here anymore. I've defended him and still will. He had a poor performance but he is still top 10 in this league and the cowboys have no chance at upgrading other than moving up in the draft. I think people don't realize how predictable the cowboys offense has always been as well as the lack of separation his receivers got this year. Kellen should have bootlegged him much more and challenged the speed of that defense more. I would argue that the 49ers would have won easily had they swapped QBs. And dak would be killing it on the eagles right now.

I hope for his sake he gets traded to a team that has some real ingenuity on offense. I wish he could be a saint in a place where he would be appreciated or wind up with Sean Payton somehow. I think he needs a change of scenery for his own mindset.
    Dak was bad Sunday, no doubt. But they have 2 playmakers. Pollard and lamb. Pollard missed half the game. Compare that to the 49ers mccaffery, Mitchell, Debo, kittle and aiyuk. Not much of a comparison. But as you said, he's not going anywhere and they can't upgrade so....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    He's going to be the 15th highest paid QB next year. He got them to top 8 in the NFL this year with the 8th or 9th highest salary.
    I think this ranking is fair for Dak. Getting something like $60 million up front was smart.

vCash
    Dak gets so desperate to win he starts trying to force everything and win by himself. Same thing when he was here.

vCash
    He hasn't been the same since his injury and contract. If you don't see it, you're watching him through maroon colored glasses. His game against TB showed glimpses of "old" Dak. Yes, Cowbell, old Dak. He had fire and passion and willed his team to victory with his arm and feet.
    MSU = Check Collectors

vCash
    He took a contract worth less so he could get four years instead of five or he'd be top 5 paid QBs in the league... He knew QBs would be making $40/$50M in four years.
    MSU = Check Collectors

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    Guys. He is getting slayed around the DFW this week. I mean nobody, and I mean nobody, really wants him here anymore. I've defended him and still will. He had a poor performance but he is still top 10 in this league and the cowboys have no chance at upgrading other than moving up in the draft. I think people don't realize how predictable the cowboys offense has always been as well as the lack of separation his receivers got this year. Kellen should have bootlegged him much more and challenged the speed of that defense more. I would argue that the 49ers would have won easily had they swapped QBs. And dak would be killing it on the eagles right now.

I hope for his sake he gets traded to a team that has some real ingenuity on offense. I wish he could be a saint in a place where he would be appreciated or wind up with Sean Payton somehow. I think he needs a change of scenery for his own mindset.
    Isn't he getting paid something like $40/M per year? That's about $2.5M per regular season game. I can see how fans might expect him to direct each game to a win. To put it in perspective, that's about 1000 times what a teacher gets paid.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Turfdawg67 View Post
    He hasn't been the same since his injury and contract. If you don't see it, you're watching him through maroon colored glasses. His game against TB showed glimpses of "old" Dak. Yes, Cowbell, old Dak. He had fire and passion and willed his team to victory with his arm and feet.
    Not true, I would say the best stretch of his career was first 7 games of 2021. He was playing MVP football until calf strain in OT win vs Patriots. He has been different since that injury.
    Last edited by MoreCowbell; 01-25-2023 at 11:16 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MoreCowbell View Post
    Not true, I would say the best stretch of his career was first 7 games of 2021. He was playing MVP football until calf strain in OT win vs Patriots. He has been different since that injury.
    This is correct

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Turfdawg67 View Post
    Apparently you missed a few games this season where dak took over the game....

vCash
    Eric Clapton purportedly once said if you don't know Robert Johnson he doesn't know you.

Likewise, if you're not on the Dak train, get the 17 out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    So you would rather have Brock Purdy than Dak Prescott. Ok.....that at least gives us a baseline of your football knowledge. Do you also prefer Nick Foles over Joe Burrow? I mean Nick won a Super Bowl and Joe Burrow lost his? Or what about Jared Goff over Josh Allen? I mean Goff made a Super Bowl

The point I'm making is that those guys had a moment. Whether that be they got on a heater or they had elite talent around them. It doesn't mean they're an elite QB. Now if the 49ers want to continue to pay Brock Purdy pennies so they can make the team around him elite and hide his deficiencies, which there are many, then they can try that. However, history tells us that won't work because the QB always gets greedy.
    Really haven't seen enough of Purdy to take him over Dak, but he did make a good impression for a guy you'd never think would have amounted to a hill of beans. But it looks like he may be a pretty big hill of beans after all. He doesn't seem to make mistakes and manages the talent around him efficiently to get what is needed to get done. Don't think he beats Phlliy.....but if he does, then yeah, I might consider taking him over Dak. Will have to see how it plays out. Dak's consistency from game to game needs improving badly. He should have never played as bad vs SF after coming off an almost perfect game vs TB. If he can play game to game like he did at TB, then I'd take him over most anybody other than Maholmes, Rogers, Burrow, and maybe Allen.
    Last edited by SpaceBully; 01-26-2023 at 07:21 AM.

vCash
    Jerry Jones is a 17tard GM. As long as fans are mad at someone other than him, he's happy. He doesn't care about winning. He cares about making money.
    This, all day. Even the team text bashing Dak seems calculated with Jerry keeping focus off of himself.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaceBully View Post
    Really haven't seen enough of Purdy to take him over Dak, but he did make a good impression for a guy you'd never think would have amounted to a hill of beans. But it looks like he may be a pretty big hill of beans after all. He doesn't seem to make mistakes and manages the talent around him efficiently to get what is needed to get done. Don't think he beats Phlliy.....but if he does, then yeah, I might consider taking him over Dak. Will have to see how it plays out. Dak's consistency from game to game needs improving badly. He should have never played as bad vs SF after coming off an almost perfect game vs TB. If he can play game to game like he did at TB, then I'd take him over most anybody other than Maholmes, Rogers, Burrow, and maybe Allen.
    There are reasons you can plug in a Brock Purdy and he can be successful. It's called having talent around the QB. Just like when Mahomes gets hurt, some guy named Chad Henne can drive the Chiefs 97 yards for a TD.

But it's clear Jerrah doesn't care to do that. Instead he wants to call out his QB publicly. Jones is a serious idiot.

vCash
    Adding everything up and Jones post game comments..... the Jones would trade Dak in a nano second if they could. Will anyone take on that contract? Probably not. But I bet they shop him.

vCash
    2022: salary $1.6 million. Sign Bonus $13m
    2023: salary $31m. Sign bonus $13m

Hahahaha. DFW will be glad to know, he makes 30x more next year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
    Adding everything up and Jones post game comments..... the Jones would trade Dak in a nano second if they could. Will anyone take on that contract? Probably not. But I bet they shop him.
    Think 7 said the dead money is $89 million. Don't see any chance Dak can escape there until after next season. Cuz the total cap is what, maybe, $200 million.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EdwardDrayton View Post
    Think 7 said the dead money is $89 million. Don't see any chance Dak can escape there until after next season. Cuz the total cap is what, maybe, $200 million.
    Dak isn't going anywhere til after 24 at the soonest. But, Dallas will try to sign him to an extension to spread the cap hit out.