Thread: Dak looked great against Tampa Bay

vCash

Dak looked great against Tampa Bay

Some said it was the best game of his career. He had the same team with him against the 49ers. You know he looked bad. Since he got the big contract he hasn't player two great games in a row. There is something in his mental makeup he has to get over.

vCash
    Kellen Moores game plan worked so well against Tampa Bay that he changed it to a totally different game plan against the 49ers.
    Dak works best in play action and hurry up. Last nights game plan would have struggled to score against air.

vCash
    He was basically under pressure almost every throw and the WRs weren't getting open. On top of that, Dallas couldn't run the ball. Not many QBs would do well in that situation.

vCash
    Losing Pollard was disastrous. Thien Dak started staring down his receivers and the DBs just started jumping the routes. I wonder if that thumb is still bothering him. Since coming back he has had no zip on the ball and the ball seems to go higher than it should. Oh yeah most of the receivers are lazy and run shitty half assed routes. I wished he had Kittle.

vCash
    Dak just gets tunnel vision. It happened at State and it's happened every year he's been in the league. He locks on to one target before the snap and he's either going to throw it to that guy, whether he's open or not, or he's going to go scramble drill and hope someone breaks open. It's why Kellen Moore has designed that offense for short quick throws with an occasional shot mixed in.

The most damning evidence of that is missing TY Hilton WIDE OPEN on a seam route. There wasn't a guy within 20 yds of him and you could see that pre snap and then Warner completely turns his hips away from Hilton at the snap. A top 10 QB makes that throw 10 times out of 10. That's a pre snap read.

vCash
    SF has much better backs (with Pollard out), TE, and WR's than Dallas. Jones gave Dak the giant contract and refused to spend on a better support staff for him or had hit salary cap. Zeke can be let go now, but Pollard may be a free agent. Only NFL team I watch pre-playoffs is Dallas because of Dak. My Raiders have been a mess for 20 or so years. Hail State!

vCash
    Once Pollard went down the San Francisco DL just pinned their ears back because Zeke is not a threat anymore. They were winning the battle up front anyway, but him going down sealed the deal.

vCash
    SF dominated them in the coaching department. They know the Cowboys offense. They baited them to take the underneath check down throws the Cowboys survive off of and rotated their coverage over the easy read. So, they showed them "it's open" and then took it away by rolling coverage. The cowboys should've caught on by halftime and made adjustments, but they didn't. That cost them one of the two INTs and put them in a lot of 2nd and 10's and 3rd and longs. The throw on the out route was just a terrible throw by Dak. He should've eaten that ball.

Also, compare the star power in Dallas to Philly or KC or Cincy or the 49ers. It's not close. Zeke would be RB3 in SF. Only 1 Cowboys WR would start for any of those teams. Schultz is arguably similar to Hurst and Goedert, but definitely behind Kelce. The Eagles OL is light years ahead of Dallas's OL. When Pollard went down, the game was over.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    SF dominated them in the coaching department. They know the Cowboys offense. They baited them to take the underneath check down throws the Cowboys survive off of and rotated their coverage over the easy read. So, they showed them "it's open" and then took it away by rolling coverage. The cowboys should've caught on by halftime and made adjustments, but they didn't. That cost them one of the two INTs and put them in a lot of 2nd and 10's and 3rd and longs. The throw on the out route was just a terrible throw by Dak. He should've eaten that ball.

Also, compare the star power in Dallas to Philly or KC or Cincy or the 49ers. It's not close. Zeke would be RB3 in SF. Only 1 Cowboys WR would start for any of those teams. Schultz is arguably similar to Hurst and Goedert, but definitely behind Kelce. The Eagles OL is light years ahead of Dallas's OL. When Pollard went down, the game was over.
    Hurts on a rookie contract
    49ers have 2 rookie contracts for qbs and only 11 million for jimmy g

Those contracts allow teams to take on an AJ brown and Christian mccaffrey

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post

Yeah Dak didn't play well but of the teams left playing this weekend, Dallas and Giants had the weakest rosters by far. Dallas went about as far as they were gonna go with the roster they have and Mccarthy as head coach.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Yeah Dak didn't play well but of the teams left playing this weekend, Dallas and Giants had the weakest rosters by far. Dallas went about as far as they were gonna go with the roster they have and Mccarthy as head coach.
    Totally agree. Dallas needs playmakers on offense. I think McCarthy has done a dent job considering who he has to work for.

vCash
    Bringing in Sean Payton is not going to solve Dallas' issues. He's not going to magically make Dak a better QB or magically upgrade their receiver room. It's going to take a concerted effort from the front office to move money around so that they can bring in playmakers while being able to keep your defensive guys. It's what makes what Sean and Mickey did for so many years in NOLA so damn impressive. They maneuvered money around to be able to keep top talent. Now, it's gotten us in salary cap hell at the moment but we also screwed ourselves by trading away our first round pick.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    Bringing in Sean Payton is not going to solve Dallas' issues. He's not going to magically make Dak a better QB or magically upgrade their receiver room. It's going to take a concerted effort from the front office to move money around so that they can bring in playmakers while being able to keep your defensive guys. It's what makes what Sean and Mickey did for so many years in NOLA so damn impressive. They maneuvered money around to be able to keep top talent. Now, it's gotten us in salary cap hell at the moment but we also screwed ourselves by trading away our first round pick.
    Yep, pretty much.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    Totally agree. Dallas needs playmakers on offense. I think McCarthy has done a dent job considering who he has to work for.
    Yeah, I don't see the Cowboys winning a championship again as long as jerry is in charge of everything.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    I think they traded that pick expecting to recoup it this season. What sucks is we only won 7 games so the pick is #10.

I expect the broncos to get Sean for something like this - 2023 1st (49ers pick, so basically a 2nd), 2023 3rd, and 2024 2nd. I then expect us to flip that 3rd or our 3rd for Derek carr. Not sure I like the carr part, but I expect it. Carr was pretty dang good 4 of the previous 5 years, so maybe he rebounds

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I think they traded that pick expecting to recoup it this season. What sucks is we only won 7 games so the pick is #10.

I expect the broncos to get Sean for something like this - 2023 1st (49ers pick, so basically a 2nd), 2023 3rd, and 2024 2nd. I then expect us to flip that 3rd or our 3rd for Derek carr. Not sure I like the carr part, but I expect it. Carr was pretty dang good 4 of the previous 5 years, so maybe he rebounds
    Agreed on everything. I expect we'll use the Denver trade capital for Carr. The only other thing I could think is we'll throw a god offer at Houston or Arizona and trade up to get Stroud, although god offers and the Saints don't end well(see Rickey Williams)
    Last edited by StarkVegasSteve; 01-23-2023 at 03:20 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    He was basically under pressure almost every throw and the WRs weren't getting open. On top of that, Dallas couldn't run the ball. Not many QBs would do well in that situation.
    When Dak first came into the league Dallas had a strong running game and the OL provided him a lot of protection. Dak is not seeing the field as well as he should right now but I think everything in his mind is being sped up because he is always under duress which leads to throwing places he shouldn't. Dallas' entire offense hinges on what they can do in the passing game because the run blocking is terrible.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    When Dak first came into the league Dallas had a strong running game and the OL provided him a lot of protection. Dak is not seeing the field as well as he should right now but I think everything in his mind is being sped up because he is always under duress which leads to throwing places he shouldn't. Dallas' entire offense hinges on what they can do in the passing game because the run blocking is terrible.
    I really believe Dak needs a change of scenery. I think Las Vegas would be a great place for him. His agents would agree to it because that's still a major media market and I think McDaniels would be able to take his talents and maximize them. They also have a star WR in Adams, a solid possession receiver in Renfrow, a great TE in Waller, and a really good RB in Jacobs. And it almost could be a straight up trade for Carr because the money would match up well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    Losing Pollard was disastrous. Thien Dak started staring down his receivers and the DBs just started jumping the routes. I wonder if that thumb is still bothering him. Since coming back he has had no zip on the ball and the ball seems to go higher than it should. Oh yeah most of the receivers are lazy and run shitty half assed routes. I wished he had Kittle.
    That is something I have noticed too since his return from thumb injury seems like most of his passes are floated