Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I?m not defending him anymore

vCash

I?m not defending him anymore

Dak will never ever get the cowboys out of the divisional round. Ever

If they want to win they need to trade him.

vCash
    If they want to win they need to trade Zeke.

vCash
    The Cowboys need an ownership change, not a QB change. Give Dak a better coach than Mike McCarthy. Someone from the Shanahan tree.

vCash
    Or the Andy Reid tree.

vCash
    Yeah, I am not going to argue with anyone. He isn't an elite NFL QB. However, Dak is better than some they have trotted out at the QB position over the years. What Dallas needs is a stud RB.

Maybe one of you guys that study the salary cap can chime in, but I think they can cut Zeke and free up 4.8 million to find a RB. But I think they can save more if they wait until June 1......

PRE-6/1 RELEASE
    2023 Dead Cap: $11,860,000
    2023 Cap Savings: $4,860,000
    PRE-6/1 TRADE
    POST-6/1 RELEASE
    2023 Dead Cap: $5,820,000
    2024 Dead Cap: $6,040,000
    2023 Cap Savings: $10,900,000
    POST-6/1 TRADE
    Last edited by Maroonthirteen; 01-23-2023 at 05:59 AM.

vCash
    Dak has to limit the turnovers. Yes he had some stupid ones that bounced off WRs hands and chest, but he's got to clean it up. They might win last night without that red zone turnover.

But the Cowboys need to get better at WR. They've got to get a couple guys that can play with good teams. Lamb is the only good WR they have. The rest of those guys aren't starting for anyone else in the playoffs except maybe the Giants and we saw what happened to them in the playoffs this week.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    Dak has to limit the turnovers. Yes he had some stupid ones that bounced off WRs hands and chest, but he's got to clean it up. They might win last night without that red zone turnover.

But the Cowboys need to get better at WR. They've got to get a couple guys that can play with good teams. Lamb is the only good WR they have. The rest of those guys aren't starting for anyone else in the playoffs except maybe the Giants and we saw what happened to them in the playoffs this week.
    Dak has consistently had some of the worst WRs in the NFL. There are metrics that show that Dallas WRs get the least separation in the league. That Oline isn't great anymore either. He was pretty much hurried on every throw but they also couldn't run the ball.

I think all that has led him to be way more risky with the ball. He is still a top 10 QB but doesn't have very much help on offense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    Dak has consistently had some of the worst WRs in the NFL. There are metrics that show that Dallas WRs get the least separation in the league. That Oline isn't great anymore either. He was pretty much hurried on every throw but they also couldn't run the ball.

I think all that has led him to be way more risky with the ball. He is still a top 10 QB but doesn't have very much help on offense.
    I think Pollard going down hurt Dallas more than anything. After that Dak really started pressing, and SF knew they didn't have to defend the run because Dallas doesn't trust Elliott to make more than 2 yards on a play.
    Dak may not be Elite, but he's been carrying Dallas for the better part of 8 seasons now.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    I think Pollard going down hurt Dallas more than anything. After that Dak really started pressing, and SF knew they didn't have to defend the run because Dallas doesn't trust Elliott to make more than 2 yards on a play.
    Dak may not be Elite, but he's been carrying Dallas for the better part of 8 seasons now.
    Damn, that makes me feel old. I still picture him as being in the league for only like 3 seasons.

vCash
    Yeah, Dak won?t win with Dallas. Hell, Dallas won?t win with any QB. Too many bad decisions being made by Jerry.

Zeke needs to go. Mistake #1 was giving him that big contract when he held out.

Turpin needs to be a WR. Dak needs a speed guy.

They need a true #1 WR. Lamb has the hands and speed but he?s too little. He gets pushed around and can?t go get the ball.

Get rid of McCarthy. Terrible hire from the beginning.

vCash
    If you pair Dak with someone that runs the Andy Reid style of offense or someone that runs the Shanahan offense, he is absolutely an elite QB.

I'm not a Dallas fan, but Dan Quinn is a guy who had Kyle Shanahan as his offensive coordinator and a bunch of head coaches from that tree on his coaching staff in Atlanta. Fire McCarthy, promote Dan Quinn to head coach, and let him go out an hire someone like Mike LaFleur to install the Shanahan scheme in Dallas. LaFleur was hampered in New York by a crap QB.
    #AirRaidForever!!#SwingYourSword!!#FireArnett

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KB21 View Post
    If you pair Dak with someone that runs the Andy Reid style of offense or someone that runs the Shanahan offense, he is absolutely an elite QB.

I'm not a Dallas fan, but Dan Quinn is a guy who had Kyle Shanahan as his offensive coordinator and a bunch of head coaches from that tree on his coaching staff in Atlanta. Fire McCarthy, promote Dan Quinn to head coach, and let him go out an hire someone like Mike LaFleur to install the Shanahan scheme in Dallas. LaFleur was hampered in New York by a crap QB.
    Or get Sean Payton. Jerry probably going to screw up the first round pick anyway.

vCash
    Yep....all Daks fault.
    Did he play well? No, but please consider......
    He had ONE offensive weapon on the field with him after Pollard went down! ONE.
    There wasnt another offensive player that could get any separation for him to throw to.
    The first pick was because Gallup didnt come back for the ball, just stopped. The second was because Dak didn't see the off side DB and tried to force it to the only WR he had in CeeDee.
    Zeke is a glorified fullback at best that hasnt done anything since he got paid.
    Kellen Moore is a joke as an OC, and the last play was the icing on the cake.
    McCarthy is Jason "the clapper" Garret 2.0. (says yes to whatever Jerry says)
    The 49ers had better coaching and it showed.

It doesnt matter who is at QB,RB,WR... Dallas will not win big until Jerry is gone.
    For those of us that have been life long State and Cowboys fans, there are 2 favorite times of the season...... 1st is when football season starts, 2nd is when football season ends.

Ok, I'm done
    Love All Worship One!
    Go Dawgz!

vCash
    CeeDee and Schultz are all he had to work with. That throw to CeeDee down the seam should've been a walk in TD. Dak didn't think the LB could get back and cover that quick after showing blitz pre-snap. SF just out-coached them. Showed them what they wanted to see and then took it away. They mixed man and zone coverages with the nickel in zone and others in man. Kellen Moore, who I like as an OC, got his ass handed to him last night. People will blame Dak because he didn't have good numbers, but this loss is on Moore and the GM more so than Dak.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    Or get Sean Payton. Jerry probably going to screw up the first round pick anyway.
    Sean bout to be a bronco. 2nd interview is Thursday.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msudawglb View Post
    Yeah, Dak won?t win with Dallas. Hell, Dallas won?t win with any QB. Too many bad decisions being made by Jerry.

Zeke needs to go. Mistake #1 was giving him that big contract when he held out.

Turpin needs to be a WR. Dak needs a speed guy.

They need a true #1 WR. Lamb has the hands and speed but he?s too little. He gets pushed around and can?t go get the ball.

Get rid of McCarthy. Terrible hire from the beginning.
    Except for Lamb, none of Dak's WR get any separation. His WR group is about the weakest in NFL. Getting rid of Cooper without a replacement was stupid. Dak has shown over and over he has the skills. He was what 2nd in NFL in yards last year? He has set numerous records.

Last night looked like MSU playing the air raid with SF jumping cheesy routes by WR. Idk if it was playcalling or what.

When you got no one open and pressure, what are you gonna do, throw it out of bounds every down? Dak has little options so he is forcing some throws in trying to make a play that isn't there.

vCash
    When dak signed a 4-year 160 million contract he lost to ability to blame supporting cast. Mega contracts for qbs will cost you supporting cast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    CeeDee and Schultz are all he had to work with. That throw to CeeDee down the seam should've been a walk in TD. Dak didn't think the LB could get back and cover that quick after showing blitz pre-snap. SF just out-coached them. Showed them what they wanted to see and then took it away. They mixed man and zone coverages with the nickel in zone and others in man. Kellen Moore, who I like as an OC, got his ass handed to him last night. People will blame Dak because he didn't have good numbers, but this loss is on Moore and the GM more so than Dak.
    Schultz may be the most unaware athlete I've ever seen in a late game situation. First, he doesn't get out of bounds to stop the clock. Then, he fails to make sure he got 2 feet in on a critical completion. I would cut him today.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
    Yeah, I am not going to argue with anyone. He isn't an elite NFL QB. However, Dak is better than some they have trotted out at the QB position over the years. What Dallas needs is a stud RB.

Maybe one of you guys that study the salary cap can chime in, but I think they can cut Zeke and free up 4.8 million to find a RB. But I think they can save more if they wait until June 1......

PRE-6/1 RELEASE
    PRE-6/1 TRADE
    POST-6/1 RELEASE
    POST-6/1 TRADE