Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Roberson, wr transfer in

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    There's gotta be a few Bellard disciples left out there lol!
    I like Bellard. I think it's pretty cool we had the guy that invented the Wishbone and the guy that popularized the Air Raid as our coaches. Unfortunately we had Croom instead of Bill Walsh running our West Coast Offense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I like Bellard. I think it's pretty cool we had the guy that invented the Wishbone and the guy that popularized the Air Raid as our coaches. Unfortunately we had Croom instead of Bill Walsh running our West Coast Offense.
    I loved both Emory and Leach. Yeah croom was no Bill Walsh lol!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    I loved both Emory and Leach. Yeah croom was no Bill Walsh lol!
    Not even close!

Walsh was so good. Leach and Mumme met with him to get some ideas on how to run their offense and program.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Croom invented the prevent offense lol
    "We will have no problem in handling Kentucky."-Turfdawg67. MSU suffered a 27-17 defeat in 2022 with 225 yards in total offense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KB21 View Post
    Pro style sets, huh? But I was told on here that he doesn?t run a pro style offense.
    Maybe you should go listen to his interview with Bart and Charlie where he actually says himself that he doesn't run a pro style offense. That he doesn't run "Jim McElwain's offense."

You are going to die on this stupid hill, apparently.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubb Rubb View Post
    Maybe you should go listen to his interview with Bart and Charlie where he actually says himself that he doesn't run a pro style offense. That he doesn't run "Jim McElwain's offense."

You are going to die on this stupid hill, apparently.
    Well, I'm right. He absolutely does run a pro style offense, and it is exactly what Jim McElwain runs. He can give you the typical coach speak about "adjusting to the talent he has" and how it's "a combination of systems" when he is clearly a run oriented pro style coach. Look at the style of offense his self proclaimed mentors run: Greg Davis - Pro Style, Jim McElwain - Pro Style.

Let's also ignore the offensive back grounds of the other assistants hired. Will Friend - Pro Style. Mike Schmidt - Pro Style. Chad Bumphis - Pro Style.
    #AirRaidForever!!#SwingYourSword!!#FireArnett

vCash
    Well, I'm right. He absolutely does run a pro style offense, and it is exactly what Jim McElwain runs. He can give you the typical coach speak about "adjusting to the talent he has" and how it's "a combination of systems" when he is clearly a run oriented pro style coach. Look at the style of offense his self proclaimed mentors run: Greg Davis - Pro Style, Jim McElwain - Pro Style.

Let's also ignore the offensive back grounds of the other assistants hired. Will Friend - Pro Style. Mike Schmidt - Pro Style. Chad Bumphis - Pro Style.
    The only thing clear here is that you have no idea what the hell you're talking about.

vCash

vCash

Syracuse ran a pro style last year? Interesting. Had no idea that Dino Babers (veer and shoot) and Robert Anae (Air Raid) actually ran a pro style offense. But all knowing KB is on the job to let us know what to think about it.

Also had no idea that Tyson Helton (Air Raid) who mentored your favorite coach in the world Bryan Ellis was also Pro Style, whom Friend worked with as well.

Sure Ludwig is a "pro-style" spread guy, but he's also had back to back top 20 scoring offenses and a top 50 and to 35 scoring offenses since being at Utah.

All the while you wanted to hire Matt Mumme and Bryan Ellis who orchestrated some of the worst scoring offenses in D1 football the last few years.

Let me go ahead and get it out of the way for you, I'm just a Leach hater.

vCash

When was he around Greg Davis?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    When was he around Greg Davis?
    He was never "around" him. He said he picked up some of his early philosophies from watching Davis's offenses at Texas.

It's funny to me how KB will latch onto some detail like that from a Barbay story to support his stupid claim that Barbay's "pro style" but will completely ignore other details that clearly show he is not married to one style. It's almost like he's being selective in what he wants to believe from Barbay to support a stupid narrative that has no basis in reality.

Almost.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CoachT14 View Post
    Syracuse ran a pro style last year? Interesting. Had no idea that Dino Babers (veer and shoot) and Robert Anae (Air Raid) actually ran a pro style offense. But all knowing KB is on the job to let us know what to think about it.

Also had no idea that Tyson Helton (Air Raid) who mentored your favorite coach in the world Bryan Ellis was also Pro Style, whom Friend worked with as well.

Sure Ludwig is a "pro-style" spread guy, but he's also had back to back top 20 scoring offenses and a top 50 and to 35 scoring offenses since being at Utah.

All the while you wanted to hire Matt Mumme and Bryan Ellis who orchestrated some of the worst scoring offenses in D1 football the last few years.

Let me go ahead and get it out of the way for you, I'm just a Leach hater.
    What type of offense did San Diego State run the 10 years Schmidt was the OL coach there? Yes, it was a pro style offense. Two years in Babers's offense does not offset the 10 years he spent in SDSU's pro style system.

Also, Tyson Helton was pro style prior to 2021. He got smart and changed from pro style to air raid in 2021 when he hired Zach Kittley. WKU's poor numbers in 2019 and 2020 were in a pro style system. Their numbers took off when they changed to Air Raid. Helton ran the pro style at Tennessee in 2018, which is where he and Will Friend coached together.

Will Friend has spent the majority of his career in Mike Bobo's pro style system.
    #AirRaidForever!!#SwingYourSword!!#FireArnett

vCash
    What type of offense did San Diego State run the 10 years Schmidt was the OL coach there? Yes, it was a pro style offense. Two years in Babers's offense does not offset the 10 years he spent in SDSU's pro style system.

Also, Tyson Helton was pro style prior to 2021. He got smart and changed from pro style to air raid in 2021 when he hired Zach Kittley. WKU's poor numbers in 2019 and 2020 were in a pro style system. Their numbers took off when they changed to Air Raid. Helton ran the pro style at Tennessee in 2018, which is where he and Will Friend coached together.

Will Friend has spent the majority of his career in Mike Bobo's pro style system.