Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Dawgs UF Game Thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Should be fired and will be fired are 2 different things. He can't recruit, so you can't win in the sec, but he will probably get a 3rd year even though he shouldn't
    He's had one class!!! One.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Tolu has another year--- if we are willing to pay him for it. Course he missed about 5 point blank. Layups so guess we need to recruit a guy that can make lay ups.
    He's gone. He will go somewhere that has perimeter shooting.

vCash
    Call me shotgun, Chicken little, DA, whatever, but we have no one coming in that can save this program. Jans will be fired after next season. Book it
    Jans is not going to be fired, unless this continues on through the 24/25 season. He has an enormous job on his hands, because talented players are becoming harder and harder to find, and then we have to sign them. Howland was here too long really, and while our program remained in a coma, our competitors around us invested and left us way behind.

vCash
    NMSU was 28-6 the year before jans, and they're 18-2 this season without him.

vCash
    Did we change something defensively before Auburn? I?m trying to figure out why 3 teams in a row have shot lights out from 3. I blew the AU game off as luck, the UT game I just assumed because they are superior to us but this game really makes me wonder what is going on defensively from 3

vCash
    NMSU was 28-6 the year before jans, and they're 18-2 this season without him.
    Huh? They are bottom of the WAC this year?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PGHBulldogBG View Post
    Huh? They are bottom of the WAC this year?
    Lol, I'm an idiot. New Mexico is 18-2, and I'm taking my drunk ass to bed.

ETA.. NMSU is actually 7-13, and this makes me feel better
    Last edited by msstate7; 01-21-2023 at 11:13 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PGHBulldogBG View Post
    Did we change something defensively before Auburn? I?m trying to figure out why 3 teams in a row have shot lights out from 3. I blew the AU game off as luck, the UT game I just assumed because they are superior to us but this game really makes me wonder what is going on defensively from 3
    Overall we've still been pretty stingy on defense in terms of total points allowed. We just can't score enough points.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Bc that's what was available. What was he supposed to do?? Howland left us no shooters.
    We lost Walton who is averaging 13 a game at Wichita State.

Lost Kugel to Florida who looked really good tonight and would currently be our second best guard.

Lost Cam Carter to a top 10 Kansas State team and is starting for them.

Lost Derek Fountain to LSU.

But yes we weren?t left anything.

vCash
    It's a mess. It's going to be brutal from here on out. We probably shouldn't beat anyone left on our schedule after tonight. I think we'll win a couple.

vCash
    The best players on this team were inherited. Jans brought in guys that should be at usm
    And he plays his non-SEC recruits before Hamilton, Murphy, and Russell. He better learn to recruit and coach some offense as Howland's recruits will be in the portal. McNair had a good game. Horton and Jones are wasted minutes. Have been to every home game. During OOC games I posted fill the Hump. These guys are fun to watch. I was wrong as they are brutal to watch against SEC teams. Offensive is as bad as our football offense against good defenses. I don't think he even knows who his best players or rotations are at this point in the season. Correction: Reed instead of Horton. Matters little as neither Horton, Reed , or Davis seen to be SEC guards.
    Last edited by Goldendawg; 01-21-2023 at 11:57 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EdwardDrayton View Post
    We can change rotations all we want. It's not going to change the outcome.
    I just showed you how that's not true. If Shaq plays 35 minutes tonight, we win.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    And he plays his non-SEC recruits before Hamilton, Murphy, and Russell. He better learn to recruit and coach some offense as Howland's recruits will be in the portal. McNair had a good game. Horton and Jones are wasted minutes. Have been to every home game. During OOC games I posted fill the Hump. These guys are fun to watch. I was wrong as they are brutal to watch against SEC teams. Offensive is as bad as our football offense against good defenses. I don't think he even knows who his best players or rotations are at this point in the season.
    Unless he's making some point about some guys practicing hard or something, he's a complete moron as far as I'm concerned. What else would justify not starting Moore?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    I just showed you how that's not true. If Shaq plays 35 minutes tonight, we win.
    I should have been more clear Hoops. Won't change the course of the remainder of the season. Might it change one game occasionally. Maybe. But it won't change we just don't have the talent to be consistent.

vCash
    i should have been more clear Hoops. Won't change the course of the remainder of the season. Might it change one game occasionally. Maybe. But it won't change we just don't have the talent to be consistent.
    And the talent level is dropping with the 2023 class. The last time a sec team signed at least 4 guys with an avg per recruit of less than 87 was South Carolina in 2017.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    I would probably start: Davis, Moore, Jones, Matthews, and McNair. Bring Tolu and DJ off the bench. And then 1 more guy. Don't know who. Maybe just play 7.
    Have you looked at Jones stat line the last two games with lots of minutes?

vCash
    And the talent level is dropping with the 2023 class. The last time a sec team signed at least 4 guys with an avg per recruit of less than 87 was South Carolina in 2017.
    here's that SC class...

Buncha studs for sure

vCash
    I'll say I'm glad I'm not in Jans shoes. But he deserves the chance to find a path out of this situation.

vCash
    I'll say I'm glad I'm not in Jans shoes. But he deserves the chance to find a path out of this situation.
    I'm pulling for him, but I think it's just a matter of time till I'm pulling for the new guy. I've saw nothing from him to suggest he can get the talent necessary to compete

vCash
    Unless he's making some point about some guys practicing hard or something, he's a complete moron as far as I'm concerned. What else would justify not starting Moore?
    Has said before he won't play guys who are defensive liabilities, ( has thrown this at Murphy). What about the "offensive liabilities" as he constantly plays (his boys?)? He said on the post game show that Moore is getting starters minutes but is the only player he can bring off the bench to give a spark. Also said his starters are digging a whole at the beginnings of the games. Davis played on a Oregon State team that went about 3-28, 1-19 in conference. Guess we got the best player off a horrible team. *** Start Moore and give Russell, Murphy, and Hamilton some minutes. Can't me much worse on offense.