Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Dawgs UF Game Thread

vCash
    Can we add firing Stansbury to Covid and politics?!!? ****

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Jans hasn't been the coach but 9 months. This team was never going to the dance. You need to back off the ledge.
    This class he has together is total and complete trash. How am I wrong on that?

Ever Been to Gloster?? cheewgumm's Avatar
    vCash
    That might be the end of basketball season for me

vCash
    Jans hasn't been the coach but 9 months. This team was never going to the dance. You need to back off the ledge.
    I think Jans can coach. Can he evaluate properly and can he close. That is the question. Year 1 recruiting was a total fail.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Firing stansbury ended up being dumb, and so will firing howland. We would be better with howland, and Jan's has no one coming in to make us better.
    So you want Howland back?? He had talent to go to the dance and couldn't. Every game kissed away timeouts and had none when we needed them. He sucked as a game coach. Expecting immediate results w a crappy team coming back is just short sighted.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    It's damned-if-you-do, damned-if-you-don't. Would our fanbase have accepted another NIT year out of Howland?
    Be better then not making either. We bout to go on a 10 game losing streak.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    We were +8 with Shaq Moore on the court but he only played 26 minutes. That is indefensible. Eric Reed was -18.

DJ was 1-7, 0-3, 2 rebounds in 28 minutes. -9.

This is the first game that I will say was on Chris Jans. He blew it with his rotations.
    1st game??

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    It's damned-if-you-do, damned-if-you-don't. Would our fanbase have accepted another NIT year out of Howland?
    So let's miss the the NIT now

vCash
    For the millionth time we fired Stans because of the Hawaii fight and his lack of control. Same reason we fired Moorhead. It wasn’t necessarily for results it was because of lack of institutional control

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    I think Jans can coach. Can he evaluate properly and can he close. That is the question. Year 1 recruiting was a total fail.
    This class he has now is awful

vCash
    As of now, you are not wrong. Fort can play. But we will have to see who he gets out of the portal. Has to get 2 IMPACT portal players.

vCash
    You are not wrong. The class is terrible

vCash
    I'll wait til they play. Idk. But to be fair, basketball guys start commuting as jrs and he had to put a class together in 6 months. You want a great class better get a better nil. And it's gotten better since then. Not great but better. Just chill shotgun/ colonel kang. Dang

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NCMSTFAN View Post
    1st game??
    I'm probably being generous. But we lost to UGA due to FT's. We lost to AU due to historic bad shooting. We lost today due to Jans not playing the right guys.

vCash
    Reed is a Jans guy. We rather lose with Jans guys
    Bc that's what was available. What was he supposed to do?? Howland left us no shooters.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cheewgumm View Post
    That might be the end of basketball season for me
    This was definitely one of our last few winnable games. I guess the rebuild begins next season.

vCash
    Bc that's what was available. What was he supposed to do?? Howland left us no shooters.
    Homedawg, there were guys out there. He got a few to campus. He didn't close on any of them. I guess we can just blame NIL on everything. But Jans is the guy who brought in Horton and Reed. Also, he doesn't have to play Reed. Shaq played 26 minutes tonight. He needs to play 35 a game.

vCash
    I'll wait til they play. Idk. But to be fair, basketball guys start commuting as jrs and he had to put a class together in 6 months. You want a great class better get a better nil. And it's gotten better since then. Not great but better. Just chill shotgun/ colonel kang. Dang
    Call me shotgun, Chicken little, DA, whatever, but we have no one coming in that can save this program. Jans will be fired after next season. Book it

vCash
    Howland left enough talent. Jans himself said he is used to recruiting yearly especially being a JUCO coach, Jans had an opportunity to get his kids he wanted and next looks even worse

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    This was definitely one of our last few winnable games. I guess the rebuild begins next season.
    After Bama and TCU, the rest of our games are winnable. I see us winning 7 SEC games.