Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Staff

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KB21 View Post
    Well, it's true. The air raid has an answer for every coverage and every defense you can throw at it.
    Those answers must be hidden somewhere where no one will ever find them. Mike Leach certainly didn't have them.
    Stevie Wonder could see that our defense was the only reason we won 9 games this season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    Those answers must be hidden somewhere where no one will ever find them. Mike Leach certainly didn't have them.
    Stevie Wonder could see that our defense was the only reason we won 9 games this season.
    Yeah. That 40 ppg average in wins had nothing to do with winning those games.
    #AirRaidForever!!#SwingYourSword!!#FireArnett

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Cause we never got smacked WITH the AR. smdh.
    Sure we got smacked by teams that recruited better than we did and had better athletes. Ole Miss probably had better athletes over all than we did, but we won because of Leach's offense and Arnett's good defense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    That's not entirely true. In our 4 noncon and auburn, Aggie, and ark our offense was at least as responsible for those 7 wins as our defense was.

I think the better argument is our defense played well enough to win 1-2 more games. But to be fair our defense wasn't good in a few wins.

vCash
    It's wild that this board has been talking in circles for 2 weeks because of KBs pity party.

For the most part I like the coaching hires. I hate to lose Miller but I figured there would be some attrition considering all these guys had followed Leach. Bumphis is a wait and see for me but I didn't see results from our wr coaches that made me think they were recruiting wizards either. We've missed on a lot of in state talent at wr for being a team predicated on passing the ball.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    That's not entirely true. In our 4 noncon and auburn, Aggie, and ark our offense was at least as responsible for those 7 wins as our defense was.

I think the better argument is our defense played well enough to win 1-2 more games. But to be fair our defense wasn't good in a few wins.
    Our offense and defense played very poorly against Kentucky.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    I am concerned about this. We need a system that allows us to win games as the less talented team. Whether that is the AR or single wing, I don't care. But we need it.

The AR had us on the 8-4 track without a playmaker at qb. I hope we can continue that.
    I know App State ended up 6-6 -
    But do you need to be reminded that it put up 61 points on a much more talented UNC and figured out how to grind a far more talented A&M team to a halt?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NCDawg View Post
    You could very well be right. I'm not sure can recruit well enough to be the team that can pound the ball. I don't believe we could have beaten Auburn at Auburn 2 years ago without the air raid offense. We were down 25 points and came back to win primarily with good accurate passing by Will and great catches by Polk and others.
    But we are NOT just going to pound the ball up the middle down after down. That's the whole fallacy what he is spewing. He keeps throwing out "pro style" offense with no understanding of what that really is in todays game. It's a mixture of various different schemes. Including Air Raid passing concepts.

vCash
    Yeah. That 40 ppg average in wins had nothing to do with winning those games.
    You mean 40 PPG against cupcake defenses. And 20 PPG against teams with a pulse.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CoachT14 View Post
    You mean 40 PPG against cupcake defenses. And 20 PPG against teams with a pulse.
    Well, then we gave up 33.5 PPG against offenses with a pulse, because that?s how much teams scored on us in losses. Yet, we promoted the architect of that to head coach and consistently shit on the guy who controlled the entire team.

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NCDawg View Post
    Sure we got smacked by teams that recruited better than we did and had better athletes. Ole Miss probably had better athletes over all than we did, but we won because of Leach's offense and Arnett's good defense.
    Kentucky had better players than us?? They owned us in 20 and 22.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    But we are NOT just going to pound the ball up the middle down after down. That's the whole fallacy what he is spewing. He keeps throwing out "pro style" offense with no understanding of what that really is in todays game. It's a mixture of various different schemes. Including Air Raid passing concepts.
    If we don't use AR terminology it's utterly worthless.

vCash
    Well, then we gave up 33.5 PPG against offenses with a pulse, because that?s how much teams scored on us in losses. Yet, we promoted the architect of that to head coach and consistently shit on the guy who controlled the entire team.
    Our defense against top 80 scoring offenses:

Gave up 26.7 PPG. The season average was 23.1.

Teams | Season Average | Scores v State | Scoring Offense Rank

Memphis | 35.3 PPG | 23 points | 22nd
    Arizona | 30.8 | 17 points | 48th
    LSU | 34.5 | 31 points | 24th
    Arky | 32.5 | 17 points | 35th
    Bama | 41.1 | 30 | 4th
    UGA | 41.1 | 45 points | 5th
    Ole Miss | 33.5 | 22 points | 29th

Sounds like the defense did it’s job, held everyone below their season averages except UGA. The lowest rated scoring offense was Arizona at 48th in the country.

Flip side

Our offenses performances against top 80 defenses:

We averaged 24 PPG. Season average was 31.6 PPG.

Let’s break that down

Teams | Season Avg. Allowed | State Points | Defensive Ranking

Memphis | 26 PPG | 49 points | 60th
    LSU | 22.5 PPG | 16 points | 34th
    Tamu | 21.2 PPG | 42 points | 25th
    UK | 19.2 PPG | 17 points (7 of which was a defensive TD) |13th
    Bama | 18.2 PPG | 6 points | 9th
    UGA | 14.3 PPG | 19 points | 5th
    Ole Miss | 25.5 PPG | 24 points | 57th
    Illinois | 12.8 PPG | 19 points (7 of which was a defensive TD) | 1st

8 games against top 80 defenses. Only 4 of which we scored more than their season average. And 1 of those 4 was only because of defensive TD.

Our offense let us down time and time again this year. But keep toting that water.
    Last edited by CoachT14; 01-20-2023 at 08:04 PM.

vCash
    Our defense against top 80 scoring offenses:

Gave up 26.7 PPG. The season average was 23.1.

Teams | Season Average | Scores v State

Memphis | 35.3 PPG | 23
    Arizona | 30.8 | 17
    LSU | 34.5 | 31
    Arky | 32.5 | 17
    Bama | 41.1 | 30
    UGA | 41.1 | 45
    Ole Miss | 33.5 | 22

Sounds like the defense did it’s job, held everyone below their season averages except UGA. The lowest rated scoring offense was Arizona at 48th in the country.

Flip side

Our offenses performances against top 80 defenses:

We averaged 24 PPG. Season average was 31.6 PPG.

Let’s break that down

Teams | Season Avg. Allowed | State Points

Memphis | 26 PPG | 49
    LSU | 22.5 PPG | 16
    Tamu | 21.2 PPG | 42
    UK | 19.2 PPG | 17 (7 of which was a defensive TD)
    Bama | 18.2 PPG | 6
    UGA | 14.3 PPG | 19
    Ole Miss | 25.5 PPG | 24
    Illinois | 11.8 PPG | 19 (7 of which was a defensive TD)

8 games against top 80 defenses. Only 4 of which we scored more than their season average. And 1 of those 4 was only because of defensive TD.

Our offense let us down time and time again this year. But keep toting that water.
    Keep up with your Leach hate and desire to run a single wing based offense

vCash
    Lol. Your typical response when you realize you backed yourself into a corner with your stupid shtick.

vCash
    Lol. Your typical response when you realize you backed yourself into a corner with your stupid shtick.
    Well, I am talking to a coach that doesn?t know the difference between the veer and shoot and a pro style offense

vCash
    Well, I am talking to a coach that doesn?t know the difference between the veer and shoot and a pro style offense
    Says the guy who shares random blogs from random nerds who never played a sport and justifies that as a study.

vCash
    I will say this. I sincerely hope we come out in 4 wide shotgun the first play of the season and hopefully I am seated near KB so I can watch his head explode.

vCash
    The fact you have no better comeback than that says it all.. just like the crickets on most good posts. Ignore em. I pray Steve allows you back soon so you can take your crap elsewhere. Just be a state fan and let it play out. Odds are this offense will be just like the last one and the one before. 8-4 ish Jimmy's and joes. Not AR or whatever other style offense. Makes no difference. Just be a fan instead of bitching before we ever play a game under the staff