Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Staff

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    Only took Spurier Jr 29 years to get an OC job, and CZA wasnt going to give the OC reigns to a guy thats never been an OC
    With Miller we can wait and see what happens with him but the 2 hires we made at OL / TE coach are very solid hires
    And Bump is a big time get for us.. and if anyone doubts that he is very wrong .. again how many WR have we put in the league since Eric Moulds???.

Guys sadly Mike Leach is gone. I dont care who you hire for the HC or OC its never going to be the Mike Leach version of the Ari raid..
    Did it work here ? Yes and No
    Did Moorheads offense work here ? Yes and No
    Did Dans offense work here ? Yes and No
    Will what ever offense CZA brings in work here .? Odds are yes and no

Bottom line everyone get the **** over it , and get behind the new blood that is MSU football ..
    I'll say this:

1. I pray that we never have to do a coaching search without an AD in place ever again.

2. I hope it works. But I have some doubts.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I'll say this:

1. I pray that we never have to do a coaching search without an AD in place ever again.

I heard all i needed to hear in the interview with Charlie and Bart. Barbay said you have to run the ball to win. No, you don't.
    #AirRaidForever!!#SwingYourSword!!#FireArnett

vCash
    I'll say this:

Yeah because these hires panned out so well with an AD in place
    Moorhead
    Cannizaro
    Nikki McCray

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KB21 View Post
    I heard all i needed to hear in the interview with Charlie and Bart. Barbay said you have to run the ball to win. No, you don't.

Not running it sure didn’t win many games in 2020 ....

vCash
    Well name one then.................

vCash
    https://theathletic.com/980870/2019/...t-dead-either/

Have you ever watched in frustration as your favorite team inexplicably runs the ball up the middle with little or no success? Do you find yourself thinking, What are they doing? Why don’t they throw the ball more? Am I crazy?

You’re not crazy. The analytics backs up your belief that this type of play calling is illogical.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Well name one then.................
    Who ever wins the 7 on 7 summer tourneys.
    Too bad for KB21 college football and the sec aren’t 7 on 7. If so All of his ignorance would actually hold water

vCash
    Yeah because these hires panned out so well with an AD in place
    Moorhead
    Cannizaro
    Nikki McCray
    Was unaware that we had to have Cohen as AD or no one.**

How did Greg Byrne work out here?

vCash
    Well good, that puts that to rest for you then. You can finally quit following State and go root for another team that fits your opinion of offense. I'm sure they have plenty of message boards that will welcome you with open arms.
    Last edited by Really Clark?; 01-23-2023 at 04:41 PM.

vCash
    With all that said, here are the recommendations from the analytics community:

1. Don’t invest heavily in your run game because it doesn’t correlate with winning

2. Use more play action because it’s more effective than drop-back passing and it has proved to work without having to “establish the run”

3. Don’t run the ball into eight-man boxes

4. Test the limits of passing, don’t force the run “unnecessarily”

5. Use the pass to set up the run (run when defenses start to adjust to pass)

6. Deception in all its forms is the most important element in offense

7. The run game is valuable in short-yardage situations, in the red zone and for running out the clock.

vCash
    Was unaware that we had to have Cohen as AD or no one.**

How did Greg Byrne work out here?
    Just making a point where we had a AD in place and bad hires were made.
    If CZA doesn’t win then I’m sure Zach will have a replacement lined up

Its like you are fishing to find a reason to dislike the hire. If you don’t like , all good.. but let’s at least let CZA have a cup of coffee before we start comparing him to Sly Croom

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    Well good, that puts that to rest for you then. You can finally quit following State and go root for another team that fits your opinion of offense. I'm sure they have plenty of message boards that will welcome you with open arms.
    Nah. I think I'll continue to do what I've done all my life. This little experiment with Coach Meathead will end in a couple of years, and with Zac's history of being around the Air Raid and Lincoln Riley at Oklahoma, I'm 95% certain that he will replace Meathead with an intelligent Air Raid guy.

vCash
    Just making a point where we had a AD in place and bad hires were made.
    If CZA doesn’t win then I’m sure Zach will have a replacement lined up

It?s like you are fishing to find a reason to dislike the hire. If you don’t like , all good.. but let’s at least let CZA have a cup of coffee before we start comparing him to Sly Croom
    Absolutely!

vCash
    That interview with Barbay actually put me a little more at ease.

1. He considers himself a TX high school football coach and talked about the roots his family has in TX. That eased my concerns about losing TX as a recruiting ground.

2. He talked about all the different offenses his offensive philosophy has morphed from. Specifically mentioned Todd Dodge and Todd doesn't run Pro Style.

3. Also specifically said his offense is NOT PRO STYLE.

4. Mentioned that he uses tempo and will go basketball on grass if he sees the opportunity.

And yes, you do actually have to run the ball to win.

2022 UGA 557 rushes/492 passes (53/47 rush to pass)
    2021 UGA 545 rushes/407 passes (57/43 rush to pass)
    2020 Bama 477 rushes/ 425 passes (53/47 rush to pass)
    2019 LSU 494 rushes/567 passes (47/53 rush to pass)

So those are the last 4 national champions with a combined record of 57-1 who on average were around 52/48 rush to pass

Now here's us the last 3 years since Leach was only here 3

2020- 204 rush/557 pass (27/73 rush to pass)
    2021- 270 rush/ 704 pass (28/72 rush to pass)
    2022- 295 rush/634 pass (32/68 rush to pass)

So our 3 year record was 20-17. So as you can see that is just slightly worse than those teams that won the national championship. Also, it's probably no coincidence that our most wins came when we rushed the ball more.

Now my last point, everyone wants to talk about beating Alabama and the offense you have to run to do it. Let's look at Ole Miss in the two games that they beat Bama in 14 and 15 and then look at them this year when they were ball in air from beating them.

2014- 32 rushes/31 passes. So basically 50/50. And even though they only had 76 rushing yards, they kept Bama honest because the threat was there to actually run and not run some shit dump off that got blown up in the backfield or a yd from the LOS.

2015- 32 rushes/33 passes. Again 50/50. They only had 92 yds rushing but the threat that they may run an actual running play let them throw over the top and not crappy 3 yd slant routes and they had 341 yds passing.

2022- 49 rushes/32 passes. 60/40 run to pass. They had 191 yds rushing and 212 yds passing on just 18 completions. That's balance. They were able to take shots because the defense wasn't in some version of Cover 3 90% of the game. It would take Will 28 passes in the Leach Air Raid to get to 200 yds.

I say all that to say this: YOU HAVE TO HAVE A RUNNING GAME TO WIN AND COMPETE WITH EVERYONE.
    Last edited by StarkVegasSteve; 01-23-2023 at 05:14 PM.

vCash
    Nah. I think I'll continue to do what I've done all my life. This little experiment with Coach Meathead will end in a couple of years, and with Zac's history of being around the Air Raid and Lincoln Riley at Oklahoma, I'm 95% certain that he will replace Meathead with an intelligent Air Raid guy.
    Got it, you want to continue to be an obnoxious tool with little of understanding of the game in the real world. Good luck with that.

And don't forget, you may not be here by the end of this season anyway. .

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    That interview with Barbay actually put me a little more at ease.

1. He considers himself a TX high school football coach and talked about the roots his family has in TX. That eased my concerns about losing TX as a recruiting ground.

2. He talked about all the different offenses his offensive philosophy has morphed from. Specifically mentioned Todd Dodge and Todd doesn't run Pro Style.

3. Also specifically said his offense is NOT PRO STYLE.

4. Mentioned that he uses tempo and will go basketball on grass if he sees the opportunity.

And yes, you do actually have to run the ball to win.

2022 UGA 557 rushes/492 passes (53/47 rush to pass)
    2021 UGA 545 rushes/407 passes (57/43 rush to pass)
    2020 Bama 477 rushes/ 425 passes (53/47 rush to pass)
    2019 LSU 494 rushes/567 passes (47/53 rush to pass)

So those are the last 4 national champions with a combined record of 57-1 who on average were around 52/48 rush to pass

Now here's us the last 3 years since Leach was only here 3

2020- 204 rush/557 pass (27/73 rush to pass)
    2021- 270 rush/ 704 pass (28/72 rush to pass)
    2022- 295 rush/634 pass (32/68 rush to pass)

So our 3 year record was 20-17. So as you can see that is just slightly worse than those teams that won the national championship. Also, it's probably no coincidence that our most wins came when we rushed the ball more.

Now my last point, everyone wants to talk about beating Alabama and the offense you have to run to do it. Let's look at Ole Miss in the two games that they beat Bama in 14 and 15 and then look at them this year when they were ball in air from beating them.

2014- 32 rushes/31 passes. So basically 50/50. And even though they only had 76 rushing yards, they kept Bama honest because the threat was there to actually run and not run some shit dump off that got blown up in the backfield or a yd from the LOS.

2015- 32 rushes/33 passes. Again 50/50. They only had 92 yds rushing but the threat that they may run an actual running play let them throw over the top and not crappy 3 yd slant routes and they had 341 yds passing.

2022- 49 rushes/32 passes. 60/40 run to pass. They had 191 yds rushing and 212 yds passing on just 18 completions. That's balance. They were able to take shots because the defense wasn't in some version of Cover 3 90% of the game. It would take Will 28 passes in the Leach Air Raid to get to 200 yds.

I say all that to say this: YOU HAVE TO HAVE A RUNNING GAME TO WIN AND COMPETE WITH EVERYONE.
    Good points Steve

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    Got it, you want to continue to be an obnoxious tool with little of understanding of the game in the real world. Good luck with that.

And don't forget, you may not be here by the end of this season anyway. .
    You think he realizes that Lincoln doesn't run Mike's Air Raid? He runs Dana's and Art's. He's between 48-52% run every year that he's been a HC.

vCash
    You think he realizes that Lincoln doesn't run Mike's Air Raid? He runs Dana's and Art's. He's between 48-52% run every year that he's been a HC.
    Not if the Athletic didn't write an article about it.

vCash
    That's b/c they realized Leach's flaw in his scheme, not running the ball enough. We all talked about it for three years. Even guys like me that defended Leach wanted to see more rushing attempts instead of a bunch of 3 yard dump offs.

vCash
    Since I'm having fun pissing in KB's cornflakes and he wants to bring up Lincoln Riley, let's look at ole Linc's splits:

2022- 473 rushes/ 515 passes (48/52 run to pass)
    2021- 448 rushes/ 403 passes (53/47 run to pass)
    2020- 419 rushes/ 362 passes (53/47 run to pass)
    2019- 565 rushes/ 381 passes (60/40 run to pass)
    2018- 527 rushes/401 passes (57/43 run to pass)
    2017- 546 rushes/ 433 passes (56/44 run to pass)
    Last edited by StarkVegasSteve; 01-23-2023 at 05:31 PM.