Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Staff

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PendingTransaction View Post
    Accept it. Arnett didn't like the AR offense and is not attempting to carry on the CML legend. Since he was sure that he was changing the offense, it makes perfectly good sense to move on from the AR loyalists coaches. He went out and got guys who would buy his vision, not what was. Thus, his choice to not keep your favorite coach or your better coach was the right move. Now he has to bring success from his vision.
    So, then Arnett is stupid then. Got it.
    #AirRaidForever!!#SwingYourSword!!#FireArnett

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KB21 View Post
    Downgraded essentially every offensive coaching position.
    Meant to type 'Upgraded!'
    Coach34 .. "We're not hiring the ****ing Pirate at Miss State. GTFO"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DEDawg View Post
    What is RGC? Right guard coach?
    Or' Run Game Coordinator?'
    Coach34 .. "We're not hiring the ****ing Pirate at Miss State. GTFO"

vCash
    Well you may be qualified to assess Arnett as a stupid but I have my doubts. He has had a front row seat as to the effectiveness of the AR. I would bet that he has a pretty good grasp of its strengths and weaknesses, especially as the departed coaches would have deployed it. The best thing you and others can do is to accept that we're not going to run the AR, it has transitioned to the great beyond. Get behind Coach Arnett and see if he can win. Hell, I could make a damn book with the posts made over the last 3 years bemoaning the AR.

vCash
    Yeah the guy that won us the egg bowl and our bowl game to end the year is stupid.... or atleast not as smart as a poster.,...

vCash
    I think if our we still suck 2 years later we should all give rep to KB21. If not.....

vCash
    Well you may be qualified to assess Arnett as a stupid but I have my doubts. He has had a front row seat as to the effectiveness of the AR. I would bet that he has a pretty good grasp of its strengths and weaknesses, especially as the departed coaches would have deployed it. The best thing you and others can do is to accept that we're not going to run the AR, it has transitioned to the great beyond. Get behind Coach Arnett and see if he can win. Hell, I could make a damn book with the posts made over the last 3 years bemoaning the AR.
    There are no weaknesses in the air raid. It's the best offensive system in football.

What we have is the typical meathead defensive minded head coach who believes you have to establish the run first and foremost to win, so instead of staying in the Air Raid family, he's decided to go with a run heavy pro style offense that is going to get smacked in the SEC.

vCash
    There are no weaknesses in the air raid. It's the best offensive system in football.
    This has to be shtick. I liked the AR, but I would never seriously say anything like this.

vCash
    We keep arguing with a cultist of the Air Raid. Anyone who spews ignorance like "There is no weakness in the Air Raid" is brain washed. And I like the Air Raid offense!! Have no problems if we had stayed in that genre. But to think that it's the only system that works and is devoted to it more so than supporting our coaches and school...that's a special level of dipshittery.

vCash
    No, obviously that's you.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    We keep arguing with a cultist of the Air Raid. Anyone who spews ignorance like "There is no weakness in the Air Raid" is brain washed. And I like the Air Raid offense!! Have no problems if we had stayed in that genre. But to think that it's the only system that works and is devoted to it more so than supporting our coaches and school...that's a special level of dipshittery.
    Well, it's true. The air raid has an answer for every coverage and every defense you can throw at it.

vCash
    We might get smacked. But you're absolutely right about one thing, it won't be with the AR. Try to come to grips with this fact.

vCash
    We might get smacked. But you're absolutely right about one thing, it won't be with the AR. Try to come to grips with this fact.
    Some need to come to grips with the fact that we are going to get smacked BECAUSE we are abandoning the air raid.

vCash
    Some need to come to grips with the fact that we are going to get smacked BECAUSE we are abandoning the air raid.
    You could very well be right. I'm not sure can recruit well enough to be the team that can pound the ball. I don't believe we could have beaten Auburn at Auburn 2 years ago without the air raid offense. We were down 25 points and came back to win primarily with good accurate passing by Will and great catches by Polk and others.

vCash
    spot on

vCash
    Yep. The guy who is the sole reason we won 9 games this year is stupid

vCash
    Well, it's true. The air raid has an answer for every coverage and every defense you can throw at it.
    And I can draw a play on a napkin that a jr high team can score against the cowboys, too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    I've said it before... we have some fans who became more fans of the air raid than Mississippi State. It's a strange position to be in. Putting an offensive philosophy over an entire team.

vCash
    Cause we never got smacked WITH the AR. smdh.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NCDawg View Post
    You could very well be right. I'm not sure can recruit well enough to be the team that can pound the ball. I don't believe we could have beaten Auburn at Auburn 2 years ago without the air raid offense. We were down 25 points and came back to win primarily with good accurate passing by Will and great catches by Polk and others.
    I am concerned about this. We need a system that allows us to win games as the less talented team. Whether that is the AR or single wing, I don't care. But we need it.

The AR had us on the 8-4 track without a playmaker at qb. I hope we can continue that.