Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Staff

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    It's not just Friend now though is it. Honestly I don't think we miss a thing from the recruiting side at all and with both Friend and Schmidt as OL coaches it's a wash at worse. Friend is a better position coach in my opinion but I know you disagree. He has OL groups grade out extremely well over multiple stops for over a decade. I believe in total it's an upgrade, coaching and recruiting. I knew you wouldn't though and that's why I said we would end up agreeing to disagree. And you know I really like Mason too.

Maybe you'll be right. In the words of John Correrro, "One can only hope so Jack". And you are right, I thought a lot of Mason as a coach, recruiter, and just an overall great person.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    Maybe you'll be right. In the words of John Correrro, "One can only hope so Jack". And you are right, I thought a lot of Mason as a coach, recruiter, and just an overall great person.
    Lol. So very true!

vCash
    And the good news is, if this doesn't work out, you can fire Arnett pretty fast. You don't have to give him the normal 3-4 years, Moorhead was an exception due to locker room issues. You could pull the plug on this pretty quickly if you saw it spiraling. This wasn't a normal hire, and our new AD, who will make DAMN sure we don't suck at football, didn't make the hire.

vCash
    And the good news is, if this doesn't work out, you can fire Arnett pretty fast. You don't have to give him the normal 3-4 years, Moorhead was an exception due to locker room issues. You could pull the plug on this pretty quickly if you saw it spiraling. This wasn't a normal hire, and our new AD, who will make DAMN sure we don't suck at football, didn't make the hire.
    Yep! With a return to the Air Raid!!

My early list of Arnett replacements:
    Zach Kittley
    Garret Riley
    Eric Morris
    Tyson Helton
    Last edited by KB21; 01-20-2023 at 03:02 PM.
    #AirRaidForever!!#SwingYourSword!!#FireArnett

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KB21 View Post
    Yep! With a return to the Air Raid!!
    Well no one is going to run the Mike Leach Air Raid ever again. It is dead. We would run some version of the Riley,Dykes, Holgorsen Air Raid. Which has a lot more focus on the run game, especially Dana and Lincoln.

vCash
    Thats a good point. I don't see it happening necessarily but you never know. ZA is damn sharp and at this point he has earned the title of the new Ninja. Hahaha He has kept a bunch of things tight to the vest and have come out of left field. All the ones who kept on that he has no clue what he is doing, no plans, etc. They were so completely wrong it's not funny.

vCash
    Can we ban KB21? It?s clear his goal on this board, and it makes it worse for everyone else.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZedFedder View Post
    Can we ban KB21? It?s clear his goal on this board, and it makes it worse for everyone else.
    Nah. It is a message board and certain people have their schtick. He may turn out to be right and will unmercifully troll everyone or he may be wrong and get unmercifully trolled. Hell C34 has been wrong more times than anyone would care to count and he is still here. Hell for that matter, I have been wrong a bunch and am still here.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    Thats a good point. I don't see it happening necessarily but you never know. ZA is damn sharp and at this point he has earned the title of the new Ninja. Hahaha He has kept a bunch of things tight to the vest and have come out of left field. All the ones who kept on that he has no clue what he is doing, no plans, etc. They were so completely wrong it's not funny.
    Well and that is what is left to be seen. He may be correct and this may be the way to go to win big. It is just so important to nail every hire going forward with the CFP expanding to 12 in 2024. We may not can win it, but we can be in it with the right staff and players.

vCash
    Well no one is going to run the Mike Leach Air Raid ever again. It is dead. We would run some version of the Riley,Dykes, Holgorsen Air Raid. Which has a lot more focus on the run game, especially Dana and Lincoln.
    The Air Raid will live forever! https://theathletic.com/4060436/2023...coaching-tree/

vCash
    Yes. A version of it will. But not the Mike Leach version. He is the only one that was successful running his version. Everyone else incorporated a run game. The running part of it is the brainchild of Art Briles and Dana Holgorsen and that is the new and IMO better version of the Air Raid

vCash
    Yes. A version of it will. But not the Mike Leach version. He is the only one that was successful running his version. Everyone else incorporated a run game. The running part of it is the brainchild of Art Briles and Dana Holgorsen and that is the new and IMO better version of the Air Raid
    .....and I don't take any issue with Air Raid guys who run the ball. I personally wouldn't run it much, but as long as your base stuff terminology is Air Raid, I'm fine with it.

vCash
    A much better staff would have been:

OC - Chris Hatcher
    WRs/Passing Game Coordinator - Drew Hollingshead
    OL/Run Game Coordinator - Mason Miller
    iWR - Adam Shaker
    RBs - Trey Tinsley
    When are you going to get it that Hollingshead was never staying. He was only staying if made OC.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by trob115 View Post
    When are you going to get it that Hollingshead was never staying. He was only staying if made OC.
    And that Chris Hatcher wasn't going to leave Samford to be our OC. Guys has been a HC for 22 years, his only move is to be a HC somewhere else.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    I think Hatcher would have taken the job and Hollingshead would have stayed with more responsibility and higher pay.

vCash
    I think Hatcher would have taken the job and Hollingshead would have stayed with more responsibility and higher pay.
    Homedawg may want to check me on this but I heard we reached out to Hatcher and he said no thanks. He wasn't interested.

vCash
    Hatcher was not coming here to be oc. My cousin is his defensive coordinator at samford and Hatcher would only leaving for a better hc job. period.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Hatcher was not coming here to be oc. My cousin is his defensive coordinator at samford and Hatcher would only leaving for a better hc job. period.
    OK then. Just replace his name with Ben Arbuckle.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Yeah, Hatch's brother coaches a friends kids in Macon and told him the same.

vCash
    Accept it. Arnett didn't like the AR offense and is not attempting to carry on the CML legend. Since he was sure that he was changing the offense, it makes perfectly good sense to move on from the AR loyalists coaches. He went out and got guys who would buy his vision, not what was. Thus, his choice to not keep your favorite coach or your better coach was the right move. Now he has to bring success from his vision.