Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: OM qb room

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    om doing what om always does, they spend big on offense while their defense is decaying. They've lost defensive starters and depth from the 2 deep on defense. i guess they're trying to be a big 12 team. All offense and no defense.
    Their offense was the problem last year. I thought people exposed kiffy's offense last year, the defense was good enough to win, their offense was below average last year despite the hype.

Our 500th Member
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
    I wouldn't mind a QB transfer to add some depth to our room, so I'm not going to say anything just yet.
    Well yea, we will be doing that. We just had 2 4* QBs leave, but IMO you don't bring in someone like Spencer Sanders who is allegedly a bad locker room guy & really hasn't been all that great either with just one year left. I'd almost guarantee that he & Howard both were promised to start. Otherwise it makes no sense since Howard was already 3rd string on a much better team.

vCash
    om doing what om always does, they spend big on offense while their defense is decaying. They've lost defensive starters and depth from the 2 deep on defense. i guess they're trying to be a big 12 team. All offense and no defense.
    But...Golding is the upgrade!!!***

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
    Their offense was the problem last year. I thought people exposed kiffy's offense last year, the defense was good enough to win, their offense was below average last year despite the hype.
    They're defense was very average and they're losing players off an average defense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    There are some red flags with Sanders.
    He's also prone to throwing it to members of the opposing team's secondary.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by State82 View Post
    He's also prone to throwing it to members of the opposing team's secondary.
    Averages almost 1 per game over his career.

vCash
    Just like the lack of addressing their defensive needs and plugging defensive holes when Freeze was there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yjnkdawg View Post
    Just like the lack of addressing their defensive needs and plugging defensive holes when Freeze was there.
    They seem to have the same cookie cutter pattern no matter who the coach is.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 662dawg View Post
    Well yea, we will be doing that. We just had 2 4* QBs leave, but IMO you don't bring in someone like Spencer Sanders who is allegedly a bad locker room guy & really hasn't been all that great either with just one year left. I'd almost guarantee that he & Howard both were promised to start. Otherwise it makes no sense since Howard was already 3rd string on a much better team.
    Trying to figure out this mess is like trying to figure out why Kiffin thinks he is the only coach in the country that believes you can win by going for it on 4th down at your own 20 on a regular basis. In the end, this will probably work about as well.

vCash
    Anybody scared of Spencer Sanders didn't watch him play against decent teams. He's not an SEC QB. Dart is better than him and it's not close.

vCash
    Guys, I would like to announce that I am transferring to ole miss to play QB with 2 years of eligibility remaining.
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    Good luck keeping that locker room in check
    3 guys that were all 3 more than likely promised to start
    Can only play one QB
    Howard leaves LSU because he was going to be 3rd team and goes to OM where he is still 3rd team .. hahahahaha
    Sanders is no better than Dart

But hey we got headlines with star power ...
    Exactly, they may have 2 Qbs enter the portal by October.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Jenkins View Post
    Guys, I would like to announce that I am transferring to ole miss to play QB with 2 years of eligibility remaining.
    Excellent! I got a couple years left too! Reckon how much i can get!

Have some rep Leroy!

vCash
    Excellent! I got a couple years left too! Reckon how much i can get!

Have some rep Leroy!
    Well. "Technically" the clock has expired on my window about 20 years ago, but there may be some kind of waiver.
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    Walker Howard to OM makes sense and helps the team
    Sanders to OM makes zero sense and only helps the “perception” they want and Kiffin is
    Sanders to OM is great because Aub still has no QB

vCash
    I think freeze can develop ashford

vCash
    All these QBs for them is fine, but they have lost a ton to the portal on their defense.

vCash
    On the surface this makes ZERO sense unless Kiffin has completely lost faith in Dart. I guess I can buy that Walker Howard has been sold that he'll be the starter next year, but if I'm Howard I wouldn't be too confident in that. I mean Kiffin probably told Dart the same thing. And if I'm Spencer Sanders, why in the hell would he transfer there? He's not beating out Dart and I doubt he could beat out Howard. THE ONLY THING I can think that Lane could have sold him on is a massive NIL deal and the chance to be a package/gadget QB.

The flip side of this is amazing though. They have committed AT MINIMUM probably 2+mil in NIL to their offensive backfield and they're hemorrhaging defensive players. They won't have the NIL to build their defense back up. They better hope they can score 50+ every game next year because they won't be able to stop ANYONE
    Last edited by StarkVegasSteve; 01-19-2023 at 05:21 PM.

vCash
    It doesn’t really seem that strange to me. Howard was not going to be starting this year over Dart. He was going to learn the offense and start in 2024. Sanders and Dart will now be competing for the top QB position. Dart is decent but I think Kiffin knew he had to try and get someone better to have a shot at being in the upper part of the SEC. It will be interesting to see how this all plays out for them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    On the surface this makes ZERO sense unless Kiffin has completely lost faith in Dart. I guess I can buy that Walker Howard has been sold that he'll be the starter next year, but if I'm Howard I wouldn't be too confident in that. I mean Kiffin probably told Dart the same thing. And if I'm Spencer Sanders, why in the hell would he transfer there? He's not beating out Dart and I doubt he could beat out Howard. THE ONLY THING I can think that Lane could have sold him on is a massive NIL deal and the chance to be a package/gadget QB.

The flip side of this is amazing though. They have committed AT MINIMUM probably 2+mil in NIL to their offensive backfield and they're hemorrhaging defensive players. They won't have the NIL to build their defense back up. They better hope they can score 50+ every game next year because they won't be able to stop ANYONE
    I'd wager Sanders was "promised" the starting job in 2023. He would not go there and risk fair competition, which could mean riding the pine for this senior year. I'm thinking Lane wants out of the Dart business for whatever reason.