Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: OM qb room

vCash

OM qb room

They have a qb with sec experience in dart, who played pretty well. They added Howard, and now they got spencer. Wow.

vCash
    I don't see Dart and Spencer both being there come fall.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    Either way, OM wins... they keep the better one

vCash
    Unless I?m mistaken don?t both have to stay? Dart can?t transfer again and I think Sanders now has used his 1 grad transfer. I don?t understand this move by sanders at all

Our 500th Member
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    They have a qb with sec experience in dart, who played pretty well. They added Howard, and now they got spencer. Wow.
    I think they believe Dart is gone. Otherwise doesn't make sense? Sanders is said to be a bad locker room guy & I highly doubt he's come in to be a backup. I'm pretty sure they sold him as the starter, which is a pretty significant downgrade of Dart IMO. Either way this is a win for State fans. Walker made sense, bc they didn't sign one in this last class so they had to get a young guy, but Sanders is absolutely mind boggling unless they think Dart is gonna leave or something. It's said that he will have to sit out a year if he transfers, but others are saying maybe he can get a waiver. I dunno.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DEDawg View Post
    Unless I?m mistaken don?t both have to stay? Dart can?t transfer again and I think Sanders now has used his 1 grad transfer. I don?t understand this move by sanders at all
    Dart could possibly be a grad transfer after the spring.

vCash
    OM tells a recruit exactly what the recruit wants to hear, and not actually what the reality of the situation always is. Nothing new there.

vCash
    Only one can play and I'm not worried about any of them.

vCash
    I don't know if this is a good strategy by OM or not to stockpile qbs, but I do know I'd trade our qb room for theirs without a second thought. And besides some state fans, everyone would. With that said, I think they'd probably have been better off using funds to upgrade at another position. Perhaps keeping freeze from getting sanders is worth every cent to some rich OM people

vCash
    I don't know if this is a good strategy by OM or not to stockpile qbs, but I do know I'd trade our qb room for theirs without a second thought. And besides some state fans, everyone would. With that said, I think they'd probably have been better off using funds to upgrade at another position. Perhaps keeping freeze from getting sanders is worth every cent to some rich OM people
    Freeze backed off and Gundy wouldn't take him back. There are some red flags with Sanders.

vCash
    Freeze backed off and Gundy wouldn't take him back. There are some red flags with Sanders.
    If OM paid premium for him, then I really don't understand. Maybe once freeze backed off, OM got him cheap. If he's cheap, I don't think it's a bad move. If he's a cancer, cut em

vCash
    In the past ,when they focused all their attention and funds on skilled top rated offensive players, the lack of getting the key defensive positions they needed came back to kick them in the butt. I doubt Freeze had anything to do with the big OM money boosters wanting Sanders, but I guess that's possible. I think they just wanted him period.

vCash
    It?s a good move always to stockpile talent but not at the same position and especially since only 1 QB can be on the field at a time.

Ole miss has lost around 5 defensive starters and others who got good playing time to the portal recently .

They will have to go heavy portal for defense too

This year will prove for sure if the portal is a good strategy because it made them 8-5 last year against the easiest schedule in the sec.

Their schedule is WAY harder next season.

Adding @ UGA
    Going to bama
    Going to state
    Going to a Hugh Freeze Auburn on the plains

LSU will be better
    A&M should have beaten them last year and should be better with petrino as OC ( they won?t be much better because jimbo ain?t giving complete control to petrino)

Vandy and Arkansas at home should be their easiest games next season

They also go @ tulane.

Their schedule is daunting next season.

A good year would be 8-4 for them next year

vCash
    Good luck keeping that locker room in check
    3 guys that were all 3 more than likely promised to start
    Can only play one QB
    Howard leaves LSU because he was going to be 3rd team and goes to OM where he is still 3rd team .. hahahahaha
    Sanders is no better than Dart

But hey we got headlines with star power ...

Our 500th Member
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    Can only play one QB
    Howard leaves LSU because he was going to be 3rd team and goes to OM where he is still 3rd team .. hahahahaha

This. Exactly this. This is not going to end well for OM.

vCash
    Be interesting what NIL deals each QB has. I agree with others, Lane is likely looking to move on from Dart for the 2023 season.

vCash
    I cant figure out what these QBs are thinking. Especially Sanders who only has 1 year left IIRC. Oh well, good luck, I guess.
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    I wouldn't mind a QB transfer to add some depth to our room, so I'm not going to say anything just yet.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Jenkins View Post
    I cant figure out what these QBs are thinking. Especially Sanders who only has 1 year left IIRC. Oh well, good luck, I guess.
    Probably because they were told if you come to OM , you can be the starting QB for a SEC Western Division (power house***) team, and then the $$$$$$. I wonder how Howard is going to enjoy sitting on the bench and possibly holding a clipboard this next season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    Can only play one QB

om doing what om always does, they spend big on offense while their defense is decaying. They've lost defensive starters and depth from the 2 deep on defense. i guess they're trying to be a big 12 team. All offense and no defense.