Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Dillon Johnson

vCash
    I would like to have Dillion Johnson back simply because he is a great running back but if it destroys team chemistry , I do not want him back.

Dillion would do great in a Barbay offense but Simeon price is very good as well

A 3 headed monster of

Marks
    Johnson
    Price

Will be very very hard for a defense not named bama or LSU on our schedule to stop.

We would beat ole miss by 30 simply by running the ball.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PikeDawg15 View Post
    I would like to have Dillion Johnson back simply because he is a great running back but if it destroys team chemistry , I do not want him back.

Dillion would do great in a Barbay offense but Simeon price is very good as well

A 3 headed monster of

Marks
    Johnson
    Price

Will be very very hard for a defense not named bama or LSU on our schedule to stop.

DJ spent a lot of the weekend with Price and Freddy Roberson, the new transfer WR commit. I think that tells you all you need to know what the players and coaches think about DJ being around.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    DJ spent a lot of the weekend with Price and Freddy Roberson, the new transfer WR commit. I think that tells you all you need to know what the players and coaches think about DJ being around.
    Sounds like it. Initially I didn't like the idea of his return but if the players and Arnett are ok with it I'm not going to complain.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PikeDawg15 View Post

A 3 headed monster of

Marks
    Johnson
    Price

We are going to have a strong running game next season.

And if I'm not mistaken wasn't Bama's defense with Golding kinds soft on the run. Elite players across the defense and Golding had them just an above average defense, nothing elite.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KB21 View Post
    It?s funny how Leach can?t be honest about a player, but it?s OK for Arnett to lie to recruits and assistants.
    I love Arnett but?there is some truth to this. Arnett didnt call all the shots. At the very least he was influenced by some new voices that werent invested
    Last edited by BuckyIsAB****; 01-22-2023 at 07:13 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Johnson didn't record it though. Who we running off for recording it?
    Who did I say we were running off for recording it?

If Arnett wants to make his bed he can lay in it too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLostDawg View Post
    Hopefully Arnett will talk with these guys after the next egg bowl and before the off season. It happens every year. Fans of another school talk to people of influence with our players and try to cause disruption and get them to leave our team. We need get ahead of this as best as possible.
    YEP! It's a problem literally every offseason no matter who our coach has been.

And it's not necessarily even Ole Miss fans. It's people trying to get a piece of the pie from our players and their talents.

vCash
    It?s funny how Leach can?t be honest about a player, but it?s OK for Arnett to lie to recruits and assistants.
    There is a time and place for brutal honesty. If a coach goes on twitter and says every true thing about players, that is just stupid even if it is true.

What lies has Arnett told? How do you know? I haven't heard.

vCash
    I don't know about assistants. I know Spurrier and Hollinghead knew they weren't coming back. Hollinghead probably was gone even if Leach had lived. He's a rising star in the profession as you know.

My guess as to what happened was Arnett and our boosters thought he could get an OC a lot easier than he thought he could because this was Leach's program. Well, they were wrong.

I just hope Barbay actually adapts to our players but if people think that running the ball a few more times, running some play action and running a QB sneak under center is going to beat Alabama and LSU they're wrong.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    There is a time and place for brutal honesty. If a coach goes on twitter and says every true thing about players, that is just stupid even if it is true.

What lies has Arnett told? How do you know? I haven't heard.
    Well Leach and Arnett never went on Twitter about any player or anything regarding scheme or players ability unless it's to congratulate them on a win.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Well Leach and Arnett never went on Twitter about any player or anything regarding scheme or players ability unless it's to congratulate them on a win.
    I didn't say he did. That was just an example of when you could be honest and not. Leach took stuff outside the locker room several times that needed to stay there - true or not.

I didn't attack Leach or Arnett so no need for you to defend them.

Now how did Arnet lie per other poster.

vCash
    I didn't say he did. That was just an example of when you could be honest and not. Leach took stuff outside the locker room several times that needed to stay there - true or not.

What stuff did Leach take outside the locker room? Saying the team had a bad practice? When he called the team out he called the team out or position group out- not an individual player.

vCash
    Robbie Faulk just posted a free article on 24/7 regarding our portal to date. It mentioned that "we are still trying to get DJ back in the boat". An earlier article by the EW WR said that he spent time with him and Price during his visit. Are we trying to keep his possible return low key? Was he helping host the EW WR, who referred to him as a MSU RB or was DJ also a visitor? Anyone know what is really going on? Thanks.

vCash

Arnett lied to the players he was recruiting to keep them in the boat. Pittman made the comment that he was told we were keeping the same scheme.

Arnett also lied to Mason Miller, telling him he wanted to keep him when he never had any intention of keeping him.
    #AirRaidForever!!#SwingYourSword!!#FireArnett

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    Robbie Faulk just posted a free article on 24/7 regarding our portal to date. It mentioned that "we are still trying to get DJ back in the boat". An earlier article by the EW WR said that he spent time with him and Price during his visit. Are we trying to keep his possible return low key? Was he helping host the EW WR, who referred to him as a MSU RB or was DJ also a visitor? Anyone know what is really going on? Thanks.
    Transfer recruiting visits are a little different. They don't have hosts per se. They generally just hang out with some of the team members. Dillon was probably just hanging out with them as well. He wasn't on any kind of visit though. I mean Dillon is still in Starkville as of this weekend. I get the feeling he will end up staying through Spring Practice and then deciding what he wants to do. If I were him, I'd transfer. Price is better than him and he's probably better than Marks as well.

vCash
    Arnett lied to the players he was recruiting to keep them in the boat. Pittman made the comment that he was told we were keeping the same scheme.

Arnett also lied to Mason Miller, telling him he wanted to keep him when he never had any intention of keeping him.
    No he didn't. He was up front with Mason and Jason the entire time.

Now he may have told recruits something different, but he was upfront with the coaches the entire time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    Transfer recruiting visits are a little different. They don't have hosts per se. They generally just hang out with some of the team members. Dillon was probably just hanging out with them as well. He wasn't on any kind of visit though. I mean Dillon is still in Starkville as of this weekend. I get the feeling he will end up staying through Spring Practice and then deciding what he wants to do. If I were him, I'd transfer. Price is better than him and he's probably better than Marks as well.
    Thanks. Didn't understand comments made by EW WR. Portal recruiting is a different animal that I could have lived without.

vCash
    Yeah I think Price has the potential to be very special. He's explosive, strong, great vision, catches the football, just a dang good all around back and he's got a burst the others lack.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Yeah I think Price has the potential to be very special. He's explosive, strong, great vision, catches the football, just a dang good all around back and he's got a burst the others lack.
    I think Seth Davis has that burst too. He's the one I worry about losing to the portal, although this new offense suits him WAY better than the one he actually committed to oddly enough. J Wash did a hell of a job keeping him in the boat. All the Texas schools tried to get in on him throughout the season and especially after Mike's death.

vCash
    I think Seth Davis has that burst too. He's the one I worry about losing to the portal, although this new offense suits him WAY better than the one he actually committed to oddly enough. J Wash did a hell of a job keeping him in the boat. All the Texas schools tried to get in on him throughout the season and especially after Mike's death.
    Agree on all points. Davis can be really special and his talents will be well utilized in the new offense.