Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dillon Johnson

vCash

Dillon Johnson

Is anyone seeing on Twitter our players, including Tulu, trying to get Dillon Johnson to come back to MSU?

I know he has committed to Washington, but does anyone know if he has finalized that arrangement and officially withdrawn from MSU?

I find it odd multiple current players would be working to get him back without them either speaking to him or his decision not being official yet.

Anyone have insight into this?

vCash
    No idea on if he can, but it would be nice to have a power back

vCash
    He has visited So Car since his commitment to Washington. Our players are working on him and there has been some back and forth with the staff. Just wait and see If things progress or not

vCash
    I wish DJ well, but Simeon Price needs to get his carries.

Watch the end of the bowl game. His vision and cutbacks reminded me of Dicenzo Miller.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MaroonFlounder View Post

Watch the end of the bowl game. His vision and cutbacks reminded me of Dicenzo Miller.
    I agree. Price will only get better he needs more touches.

vCash

Yea, I would love to have DJ back, but that would be shitty for someone. Based on Price's performance in the bowl game, I think it'd end up hurting Marks, which would suck. I'd rather the loyal person not get screwed.

They really need to do something to address players that get screwed by players committing after the portal is closed. If the coaches are out there trying to replace a player, they should have the opportunity to still transfer. I know it can't ever be completely fair but if we're going to have this shitty system, it seems like there should be something to put everybody on the same page.

vCash
    He made his decision, time to move forward, I can see it dividing a few or lots of teammates. I've never been for begging players; you can give them space and a timeframe but when they say "I'm gone" then it's over. Yes, to Price getting touches, he brings speed and toughness as well.

vCash
    The fact that we put a promo out for Tulu when he made his decision the other day made me throw up in my mouth a little...

vCash
    Nope. Just move on.
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    The fact that we put a promo out for Tulu when he made his decision the other day made me throw up in my mouth a little...
    I cant believe CZA signed off on that.
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Jenkins View Post
    Welcome to the new age of college football.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    Welcome to the new age of college football.
    Or bye bye to the new age of college football.

vCash

In this offense we likely need four capable backs (one or two will always be dinged up), so we need DJ and Price.

vCash
    No one is going to want to hear this but I'm GLAD he did. It means we are finally getting serious about competing in the modern era of college football. Love it or hate it this is what it is. This type of thing bodes well for the future of our program and shows other players and recruits that the MSU program is playing the game now. It's not the old way of doing college football but we can't complain about being "left behind" and then complain when we do things to keep up.

vCash
    I think Simeon has earned it and needs to be the back with Woody. Simeon hasn't played this musical chair portal, and hasn't been any issue or distraction to our football program . Wish the best for Dillion where ever he lands but I think it's time to move on. I think Simeon and Seth Davis are the future stars at running back.
    Last edited by yjnkdawg; 01-19-2023 at 12:17 PM.

vCash
    Nope. Just move on.
    We need another back. Likely won't find one as good or better than Dillon. I'd take him back in a second.

vCash
    I thought we have another back coming in from Hinds CC or some CC

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TALL DAWG View Post
    Pitman from Hinds CC.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TALL DAWG View Post
    Pittman, he's a good back.

vCash
    I can't believe Hargrove still wanted to transfer with all the upheaval that's gone on. Seems like he would haven't gotten opportunities this coming year.