Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Dillon Johnson

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZedFedder View Post
    Leach talking to another player about DJ wasn't a good move.
    This is a pointless and kind of a classless conversation to have about a guy who recently passed so this is all I will say. Leach didnt do a thing wrong with him. DJ got pissed after the Egg bc some people got in his ear when he went home. He then made a really poor decision and Leach let him know about it. That video was totally out of context. DJ should have to earn his way back. He is the one who left the air raid to go play for another air raid. I bet he is kicking himself

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    This is a pointless and kind of a classless conversation to have about a guy who recently passed so this is all I will say. Leach didnt do a thing wrong with him. DJ got pissed after the Egg bc some people got in his ear when he went home. He then made a really poor decision and Leach let him know about it. That video was totally out of context. DJ should have to earn his way back. He is the one who left the air raid to go play for another air raid. I bet he is kicking himself
    Totally agree.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KB21 View Post
    Just wait till you see this new offense run it into the backs of the linemen over and over and over again.
    At least running in to the backs of our OL would give the defense that has carried us during the "Legacy" tenure a break to catch their breath prior to the punt. Trying to shit on any single offense on Earth while defending the garbage buffet we have witnessed on offense the last few years is both hilarious and somehow unsurprising coming from you.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    The real root issue is he got bad advice. That has to factor in here. I get what you're saying and I agree with it. What I heard was he went off on the coaches. But I have a feeling that probably isn't normal for him and he wouldn't have done that without the advice he was given.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZedFedder View Post
    I agree with most on this thread, but let?s not act like Leach handled the situation great, either.
    I mean- it was a private conversation. What was Leach supposed to do? Make sure no one was recording him like we're a crime ring or something?

Recording a private conversation like that was pretty shitty.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by paverdog View Post
    I don't know, I know he has a child, but if he goes out looking to play for another team, and then just changes his mind to come back, just because he didn't like what was out there, I just don't think it fair to the other running backs, and the whole team.
    What it comes down to is he's trying to create a bidding war between himself and MSU for NIL money.

If distance really is a factor he isn't going to go to South Carolina much less Washington.

I can't see him at Ole Miss where he would be Judkins back up.

Guess where that leaves for him to go?

We're at the point where we just need to make him a fair final offer and tell him to take it or leave it essentially.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I mean- it was a private conversation. What was Leach supposed to do? Make sure no one was recording him like we're a crime ring or something?

Recording a private conversation like that was pretty shitty.
    So it's ok to say or do things you shouldn't as long as nobody is recording it? C'mon Todd.

I don't think what Leach did was a big deal, and I think Dillon was in the wrong on this one....but Leach made it worse by having the conversation with the other player about Dillon. Should have just kept his comments to himself. Again, no big deal in the long run, and we'll be fine with or without Dillon...but acting like it's a good idea for the coach to bad mouth other players to their teammates as long as it isn't being recorded probably isn't the side to defend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    So it's ok to say or do things you shouldn't as long as nobody is recording it? C'mon Todd.

I don't think what Leach did was a big deal, and I think Dillon was in the wrong on this one....but Leach made it worse by having the conversation with the other player about Dillon. Should have just kept his comments to himself. Again, no big deal in the long run, and we'll be fine with or without Dillon...but acting like it's a good idea for the coach to bad mouth other players to their teammates as long as it isn't being recorded probably isn't the side to defend.
    Truth!

vCash
    It's typical for today's society, project and image of going all Hard in every way when in reality simply curl up in a lil ball and beg for some attention.

vCash
    If he goes he goes. If he wants to stay sure ok bring him back. But don't break the bank for him and place him at the bottom of the depth chart until he shows he is our best RB. Once he gets into the real world, he is going to have some hard truths.

vCash

2 wrongs will never make a right. But, I was never a ridiculous Leach fanboy. I will keep saying Dillon isn't going to make or break us. I hate Leach passed away, that's terrible. But I believe we can win anyway and we're better built for a more balanced attack than throwing it every down and losing to KY and getting destroyed against AL every single year. If Dillon comes back, cool. If not, ok. Felt that way about Leach too. I'm an Arnett fan. The man knows what he wants and he's a hard ass about getting it. Hopefully it all works out and we're all happy this time next year.
    Last edited by Cooterpoot; 01-22-2023 at 09:42 AM.

vCash

Well said

vCash

Two wrongs don't make a right.

And I'm sure you've never said something not so flattering to someone behind their back.

You can't have players recording every conversation that goes on. Unless you want the players running everything a la Moorhead. We all see how that went.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    2 wrongs will never make a right. But, I was never a ridiculous Leach fanboy. I will keep saying Dillon isn't going to make or break us. I hate Leach passed away, that's terrible. But I believe we can win anyway and we're better built for a more balanced attack than throwing it every down and losing to KY and getting destroyed against AL every single year. If Dillon comes back, cool. If not, ok. Felt that way about Leach too. I'm an Arnett fan. The man knows what he wants and he's a hard ass about getting it. Hopefully it all works out and we're all happy this time next year.
    Yeah. Well I bet if he did it to Arnett you would want his ass off the team. Still probably should be if we're honest here. And there's risk that he will do something like that again. But it's all cool because since it was Leach it was fine. Especially since the guy who literally would have touched the ball more than anyone else on the team had he not gotten injured complained about not getting the ball enough.

vCash
    Two wrongs don't make a right.

And I'm sure you've never said something not so flattering to someone behind their back.

You can't have players recording every conversation that goes on. Unless you want the players running everything a la Moorhead. We all see how that went.
    Johnson didn't record it though. Who we running off for recording it?

vCash
    Yeah. Well I bet if he did it to Arnett you would want his ass off the team. Still probably should be if we're honest here. And there's risk that he will do something like that again. But it's all cool because since it was Leach it was fine. Especially since the guy who literally would have touched the ball more than anyone else on the team had he not gotten injured complained about not getting the ball enough.
    It?s funny how Leach can?t be honest about a player, but it?s OK for Arnett to lie to recruits and assistants.

vCash
    It?s funny how Leach can?t be honest about a player, but it?s OK for Arnett to lie to recruits and assistants.
    Did arnette bang your wife?

vCash
    If you can't acknowledge that Leach handled the DJ issue poorly, then your whole opinion is worthless.

Ardent Leach supporters didn't like how he handled it and Arnett is trying to correct it. I hope DJ comes back, and I know the coaching staff wants him to come back as well, I'm not sure what else needs to be said.

vCash
    It's the modern era of college football. Having DJ I think may help the program. With that said it's a free agent market so if he comes back I will pull for him as long as he's wearing the MSU logo. IF he doesn't come back I wish him well except if he plays against MSU.

Don't get attached to any player anymore. That's not how this works and I actually prefer it that way because now I don't get too caught up in the games. It has actually greatly reduced my stress when watching the games. And, yes, I do get stressed though I know I shouldn't.

vCash
    Hopefully Arnett will talk with these guys after the next egg bowl and before the off season. It happens every year. Fans of another school talk to people of influence with our players and try to cause disruption and get them to leave our team. We need get ahead of this as best as possible.