Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fla NIL deal

vCash

Fla NIL deal

Apparently the 13 million dollar recruit has not enrolled at UF. Maybe someone with the Gator Collective got a lick of sense.

http://www.espn.com/espn/wire?section=ncf&id=35469254

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Considering how much they 17ed this up, lawsuits are being filed. Someone owes this kid 13 million dollars and I bet he gets a big chunk of it.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    Considering how much they 17ed this up, lawsuits are being filed. Someone owes this kid 13 million dollars and I bet he gets a big chunk of it.
    Yep and this will be noticed by every school. Now every kid will have to have a Lawyer/agent negotiating deals for now on as well as schools/initiatives have lawyers. Price of NIL going up.

vCash
    What a charlie foxtrot this has become.

vCash
    I agree that you have to pay to play now a days but holy crap. 13 million for a high school QB?

I would understand paying 7-8 million for Alabama to buy Caleb Williams services because you have seen him do it in power 5 football.

vCash
    I remember when it was insane to think we almost paid 180k for cam newton when in hindsight. That would?ve been been an insane deal guaranteeing a national title.

Now 180k might get you a 4 star wide receiver? maybe

vCash
    I'm no lawyer, so maybe this isn't possible, but it would be hilarious if this bankrupts their collective and they have a mass exodus of players who didn't get paid because of it.

We need this level of chaos to push lawmakers to figure this out.

vCash
    Makes my laugh. Somebody gonna get paid, Cheerleader has a huge problem.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    It is pretty simple really. They had a deal in principle, where actions were taken on the agreed upon actions. The QB met his obligation, they didn't. Considering they were willing to pay 13 million, they established his value. Value now lost due to the timing factors. Seems pretty straightforward to me.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Since the collectives and the school are not affiliated, why not just close it down and open a new one?
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    It is pretty simple really. They had a deal in principle, where actions were taken on the agreed upon actions. The QB met his obligation, they didn't. Considering they were willing to pay 13 million, they established his value. Value now lost due to the timing factors. Seems pretty straightforward to me.
    Well a few years from now the death of the NCAA football will go back to this action. Too much litigation will destroy this exp when the Lawyers find a way to sue the big money donors and then the money will dry up.. Oh well back to the days of white Trans Ams for the QB

vCash
    A couple Florida folks I know said the QB came back to Florida wanting more in NIL because the folks he's working with are wanting to take a higher percentage of his NIL for their compensation.

Not sure how true that is, but if we have representatives talking to 17 year olds, who then are trying to take more of the pie, with those kids then going back to universities to recoup monies they are paying to said representatives, then it's just a sad day for college football.

vCash
    Remember this started out as a "Advertising" payment. Use my name in your ads or "merchandising" the kids get payed. Sell my Jersey or Put me on Madden the kid gets paid, therefore Name Image and Likeness. Then all of a sudden out of the blue "collectives, Initiatives and so on just flat out stared giving kids money, Pay to Play and the NCAA just looked the other way and now they have full blown mess.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    Remember this started out as a "Advertising" payment. Use my name in your ads or "merchandising" the kids get payed. Sell my Jersey or Put me on Madden the kid gets paid, therefore Name Image and Likeness. Then all of a sudden out of the blue "collectives, Initiatives and so on just flat out stared giving kids money, Pay to Play and the NCAA just looked the other way and now they have full blown mess.
    It's kinda gotten out of hand, hasn't it.

Remember, I guess less than 10 years ago, Johnny Manziel was getting grief for charging a bit for his autograph? Now, it's legal, and I'm OK with that. But paying a college player ridiculous signing bonuses? That's a whole 'nuther animal and shouldn't be allowed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by State82 View Post
    What a charlie foxtrot this has become.
    Ain't it the truth.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    Makes my laugh. Somebody gonna get paid, Cheerleader has a huge problem.
    His wicket has gotten sticky. Ain't it great. LOL!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    That's a whole 'nuther animal and shouldn't be allowed.
    Time to euthanize that animal.

vCash
    Bring on tax season for some of these greedy players. I am past tired of this mess

vCash
    NIL, has gone off the track. Name Image Likness of a player being used for promotion by a school, or sponsor and the player being compensated. This was the original intention. This has been turned into a free agent bidding war with ZERO rules, and the players are eating this up and holding the schools and boosters accountable to pay them. Or they will go to the highest bidder.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EdwardDrayton View Post
    His wicket has gotten sticky. Ain't it great. LOL!!
    Edward, that will go way over most people's heads with no knowledge of Cricket.