Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tulu remains a DAWG!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    I'm glad he's staying, we need him, but all this drama just to stay put. Guess i don't understand this new era.
    They just want retweets, follows, and ego boosters.

vCash
    I'm glad he's staying, we need him, but all this drama just to stay put. Guess i don't understand this new era.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg View Post
    LOL, excellent and I am getting old! You kids get off my lawn!

That great American philosopher Bob Dylan said it right "Time they are a changin'"

vCash
    I would respect it a lot more if we would drop the student athlete charade. They are no more a student athlete than I am, the sport comes first in this world because of the money. Which is fine but stop treating them like kids when it suits big business and then adults when it doesnt.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverick91 View Post
    I would respect it a lot more if we would drop the student athlete charade. They are no more a student athlete than I am, the sport comes first in this world because of the money. Which is fine but stop treating them like kids when it suits big business and then adults when it doesnt.
    Yeah its just another minor league at this point.

vCash
    Preach brother

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yjnkdawg View Post
    I heard Barbay is taking a course on passing a football as he didn't even know you can pass it. He thought you had to just run with the football out of a pro set run only offense, Power I or something similar.******
    I heard he did a 2 for one on the basics of passing and the shotgun snap***

vCash
    Kiffin has been leaking and losing some really good players off of the defense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    I heard he did a 2 for one on the basics of passing and the shotgun snap***
    Have some rep!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverick91 View Post
    Totally agree

vCash
    Renegotiation tactic?

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    I'm completely turned off by all this drama.
    Agreed. I really do like Tulu too. Really pull for him to get every touch possible, and I agree any student should get whatever money they can within the rule of law. As all students have this ability while in school.

The overall kicker here is that the offense changed between him confirming his commitment in late December and today. Almost our entire offensive system and coaching staff changed. I get it. Tulu has bills to pay and people to be responsible for. Although my limits of loyalty to MSU is greater than most, I can't fault the kid for doing whatever he needs to do to stack that check book. It just turns me off to college sports, because there is no limiting factors.

Theoretically, he can go through spring practice and go to the portal again. Then he could go through fall camp and go into the portal again. Then before the bowl game again. When does it stop?

Also, and this may be unfair, but I see Tulu and Will as leaders on this team at the moment. Leaders set the example. Not sure if this factors into why I am bothered by this and not others that transfered.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    I have no problem with players getting money. I have a problem with them acting like they're above criticism and social media hate. Is it a good look to tweet at players....NO. But being paid like a professional opens you up to criticism. They can't have the best of both worlds.

vCash
    Lost in all this is the fact that everytime we deal with this we waste time and resources that we could have been recruiting other talent. Staying here while good is the same result minus making headway on some other talent we really need. This cost us more than some realize.

Also why doing stuff to make others waste resources is also good in the new day like others getting OM to spend 9mil on Kiffin.

vCash
    I wish the portal was a one way trip, you go in, you have to come out somewhere else. Then there wouldn't be so much jumping in and out.
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    I hope he drastically improves his route running before the season. His lack of attention to detail is what held him back, not the way he was used. He?s not going to get 8-10 carries on jet sweeps in this new offense. He?s going to have to do a better job of getting in and out of his breaks so he can win the one on one matchups that he will be asked to win.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KB21 View Post
    I hope he drastically improves his route running before the season. His lack of attention to detail is what held him back, not the way he was used. He?s not going to get 8-10 carries on jet sweeps in this new offense. He?s going to have to do a better job of getting in and out of his breaks so he can win the one on one matchups that he will be asked to win.
    He was not used properly in our offense under Leach. He is a slot receiver all day.
    "We will have no problem in handling Kentucky."-Turfdawg67. MSU suffered a 27-17 defeat in 2022 with 225 yards in total offense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msu15 View Post
    He was not used properly in our offense under Leach. He is a slot receiver all day.
    Hmm. So, what exactly makes him a slot receiver?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KB21 View Post
    Hmm. So, what exactly makes him a slot receiver?
    He's 5'10 185. Outside of Tyreek Hill there's not many outside receivers that are that short. The slot gives him a better chance to get matched up on a LB or a safety that's 10 to 12 yds off the ball.