Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm really liking the way we are trending with QB's

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    He said PPG not SEC PPG. Don't try to change what he said.
    It's the only way KB can argue. I don't really take him seriously anymore since he claimed that Bryan Ellis is a good OC because Clay Helton helped him call plays this year or that he links obscure stats blogs by random people as statistical analysis to backup he's thinking that the best teams throw it 65% of the time. When the reality is the best teams consistently throw it about 45-55% of the time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mo7888 View Post
    Miller actually was...

Still waiting on all the coaches out there we could have gotten better than Barbay.

vCash
    Miller actually was...
    Miller as OC over Barbay? That's an equal or better resume? Holy cow!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CoachT14 View Post
    It's the only way KB can argue. I don't really take him seriously anymore since he claimed that Bryan Ellis is a good OC because Clay Helton helped him call plays this year or that he links obscure stats blogs by random people as statistical analysis to backup he's thinking that the best teams throw it 65% of the time. When the reality is the best teams consistently throw it about 45-55% of the time.
    Lol. Like Tampa Bay last night. I was actually thinking of his insanity as they threw it 85% of the time last night while the Cowboys was whipping that butt at 50/50

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KB21 View Post
    LOL at the idea that Mississippi State is going to score 35 ppg in the SEC with a pro style offense.
    And we did that w the air raid???

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    Ill be shocked if the MC QB ever plays a snap

Neither was Greek or for that matter either Sawyer or Locke Were never going to play a snap either
    So give me a guy that we might can move to another position or one that can run the scout team that?s mobile. Kind of hard to get ready for a mobile QB when you have Locke and Greek running the scout team

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    And we did that w the air raid???
    Exactly..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Our new OC is not 60-40 run tho. That's why people are looking at you as a dumbass. You are making an argument that doesnt exist
    According to the ESPN stats last season they ran 56.7% of the time.... so I'm in the ballpark there... so my position on tgat specific part isn't an argument really...it's just what the numbers bore out...

vCash

Still waiting on all the coaches out there we could have gotten better than Barbay.
    You can go back and drag it up if you want... I was in on Hatcher, Littrell, Harrell...pretty much any air raid guy that would bring in modern concepts.. I wasn't as high on SPJ, Hollingshead, or Miller for that role but if the option were to go to a run heavy offense like we're doing or take any one of those 3...I'd have taken any of them.. not as aprwfferd choice bit as being better than what we are currently doing..

vCash
    According to the ESPN stats last season they ran 56.7% of the time.... so I'm in the ballpark there... so my position on tgat specific part isn't an argument really...it's just what the numbers bore out...
    It's what the numbers bore out last year. That's not what he's been every year. He's demonstrated that he's much more balanced over his history, and it has been said by folks close to the ASU program that he wanted to throw it more but was limited by what the head coach wanted to do.

vCash
    He was 47:53 Pass:Run at CMU. It was 43:57 at App State. That equals out to 45:55. That's almost a 10 runs to passes difference between 45:55 and 40:60, but you'd rather complain than be intellectually honest.

Barbay will be closer to 50:50 here if not closer to 55:45, if I had to guess.

vCash
    You can go back and drag it up if you want... I was in on Hatcher, Littrell, Harrell...pretty much any air raid guy that would bring in modern concepts.. I wasn't as high on SPJ, Hollingshead, or Miller for that role but if the option were to go to a run heavy offense like we're doing or take any one of those 3...I'd have taken any of them.. not as aprwfferd choice bit as being better than what we are currently doing..
    You've mentioned 1 guy that would have came here, so you're still ignoring the question. Barbay has 2 years of success at the P5 level. Hatcher doesn't. And I liked Hatcher, he was in my tier 2 names. But discount Barbay like you have is just idiotic at this point. He's easily in a Tier 2 conversation.

vCash
    He was 47:53 Pass:Run at CMU. It was 43:57 at App State. That equals out to 45:55. That's almost a 10 runs to passes difference between 45:55 and 40:60, but you'd rather complain than be intellectually honest.

Barbay will be closer to 50:50 here if not closer to 55:45, if I had to guess.
    Here's hoping that you're right (55:45) but there's no metric that indicates that...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubb Rubb View Post
    Yeah, you don't know what you're talking about. I'd gently recommend watching some game film.

This is the problem with people trying to put offenses in neat boxes with labels on them. That's your first mistake. If I HAD to label what Barbay is going to run, I would call it "veer and shoot" which is nothing close to "pro style." But his offense has air raid elements in it, spread elements in it, and some power run game elements in it, which was something sorely missing last year.

You're going to love it. It's just gonna take you two years to admit it and take that message board L.
    It's clearly not veer and shoot. Barbay doesn't run the exaggerated wide splits at the WR spots, and he also doesn't have that style running game. He runs Jim McElwain's offense. It's a pro style offense based on a zone running game.

vCash
    And at CMU? You keep leaving that off. Or the fact that Tenn ran the ball 56% of the time last year as well.

vCash
    You've mentioned 1 guy that would have came here, so you're still ignoring the question. Barbay has 2 years of success at the P5 level. Hatcher doesn't. And I liked Hatcher, he was in my tier 2 names. But discount Barbay like you have is just idiotic at this point. He's easily in a Tier 2 conversation.
    I'm not discounting Barbay...I'm not even saying he isn't a good OC... I'm saying his offense limits our ceiling in the long run and lowers our floor in the short term because our players don't fit...

vCash
    I'm not discounting Barbay...I'm not even saying he isn't a good OC... I'm saying his offense limits our ceiling in the long run and lowers our floor in the short term because our players don't fit...
    Yes. It's not the coach that is the issue. It's the system that is the issue. A pro style system is not going to give Mississippi State an edge.

vCash
    Yes. It's not the coach that is the issue. It's the system that is the issue. A pro style system is not going to give Mississippi State an edge.
    Exactly

vCash
    Exactly
    The positive of this is that in two years, we can bring in Kittley or Riley as head coach and go back to the Air Raid.

vCash
    It really doesnt matter. We arent ever going to be in the Top 5-10 or win anything in football. We havent beaten Bama since 2007 and wont anytime soon. We wont beat a Kirby Smart Georgia team. We're not going to beat an LSU team capable of winning the SEC. We have a few wins vs them when they fall back some from time to time.
    We just have to remain a 6-8 win team and take advantage when we can win a 9th or 10th game every few years
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is