Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm really liking the way we are trending with QB's

vCash
    Some of y'all are more concerned about the Cult of Air Raid that you actually can't look past it. Fine. Heck I like the air raid. But don't be completely dishonest with your takes about this scheme or that philosophy. Barbay threw the ball more at CMU than Tenn did this past year. Actual throws and by percentage. 46 to 54 pass run. Tenn was 44 / 56.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mo7888 View Post
    The answer is we shouldn't need to be looking for decent backups...but here we are... and the Hollingshead thing is irrelevant... we could have hired any coach that was air raid centric and avoided this bs...

What's silly is all of you guys thinking that we've upgraded our staff when we've downgraded... and it's just as silly to think going to a ground and pound system is some how going to improve our chances to compete for a championship when it eliminates it...that's silly or sad...you can pick...
    So who was a downgrade? It's clear you have an opinion, which you're entitled to

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by viverlibre View Post
    If he goes to UM, that would likely mean they promised him the starting role, then Jaxon Dart may end up in the portal (it opens again in May). Would we be happy with him?
    I think he'd be pretty good in this offense. He's fairly accurate down the field with the ball, while also getting pressured more than any other QB in the SEC except for King at aTm. He is definitely a gunslinger though and will make way more mistakes than Will. I highly doubt he transfers though, he's sitting whereever he would go I think.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    Some of y'all are more concerned about the Cult of Air Raid that you actually can't look past it. Fine. Heck I like the air raid. But don't be completely dishonest with your takes about this scheme or that philosophy. Barbay threw the ball more at CMU than Tenn did this past year. Actual throws and by percentage. 46 to 54 pass run. Tenn was 44 / 56.
    This. I imagine he won't have a legitimate response. There's really not an argument to be had that Barbay is a bad hire. Could there be? Of course, but that can't happen till later. He's had 2 really good offenses the last 2 years that have scored the ball a variety of ways.

I think we can all agree, we'd have rather had Riley or Kittley. But the reality is there aren't a ton of other modern AR guys near as good as Barbay. I'm sure we might get a Bryan Ellis or a Matt Mumme in the response. Well outside of putting up a ton of passing yards, those 2 suck at their jobs objectively speaking (To be fair, Ellis had a good year this with Clay Helton holding his hand). Hatcher could be considered too, but it's pretty obvious once Arnett got past Littrell, Kittley, and Riley he wanted to go with what he felt was the best offensive mind he could find. He went to Briles and unfortunately that didn't happen.

vCash
    Well you are clueless if you think this is a ground and pound system. Absolutely clueless.

But for argument sake...what Air Raid OC could we have hired with an equal resume or better? Name that OC that's so glaring to you that we missed on. If you are not putting forth names that's gives a comparison, than you are just regurgitating what you want inside your head without some possible concrete evidence that you could have a point.
    60-40 run may not be ground and pound technically but it's close enough for hyperbole I'm using to illustrate our antiquated mindset.. and names...we went over that ad nauseum a few weeks ago...from Harrell, to Hatcher, to Littrell and so on...hell even a couple of guys on staff would be better than this cluster....

Clueless..that's reserved for you guys that don't realize that we've kept the same floor but lowered our ceiling....

vCash
    By the stat metrics- our OC hire is a Top 5 OC in the country. Some people just want to bitch because he simply isnt Leach.

We lost 2 offensive coaches because they wanted to be OC's themselves. They werent even considered to be OC at State nor should they have been
    We lost 3 QB's- 2 of which were leaving regardless of coach. They wanted playing time and werent getting it here.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    60-40 run may not be ground and pound technically but it's close enough for hyperbole I'm using to illustrate our antiquated mindset.. .
    Our new OC is not 60-40 run tho. That's why people are looking at you as a dumbass. You are making an argument that doesnt exist
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    So who was a downgrade? It's clear you have an opinion, which you're entitled to
    Pretty much everybody but Turner (for on field coaches..not including off the field roles that were an upgrade)..

And yes I understand that we were losing both Wr coaches if neither was hired as OC.. so the gripe there isn't that big... it's more philosophical that pure coaching ability... Friend is an Ok coach for this new system for instance but he's a downgrade there when you factor in the philosophy..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KB21 View Post
    True. QB recruiting is about to take a serious nose dive.
    Absolutely...it's becoming clearer by the day..

vCash
    60-40 run may not be ground and pound technically but it's close enough for hyperbole I'm using to illustrate our antiquated mindset.. and names...we went over that ad nauseum a few weeks ago...from Harrell, to Hatcher, to Littrell and so on...hell even a couple of guys on staff would be better than this cluster....

Clueless..that's reserved for you guys that don't realize that we've kept the same floor but lowered our ceiling....
    A top 5 OC in the country statistically speaking is bad. Got it. You're either trolling or clueless. I'm going to say a little of both.

The only one on staff who had called plays was Miller and we all know he's not who you were mentioning as guys on staff.

vCash
    Absolutely...it's becoming clearer by the day..
    It's going to be hard to get good WRs as well.

vCash
    Pretty much everybody but Turner (for on field coaches..not including off the field roles that were an upgrade)..

And yes I understand that we were losing both Wr coaches if neither was hired as OC.. so the gripe there isn't that big... it's more philosophical that pure coaching ability... Friend is an Ok coach for this new system for instance but he's a downgrade there when you factor in the philosophy..
    Again please point out who we could've gotten better than Barbay. You can't. You'll continue ignoring this question.

vCash

Considering he wasn't 60/40 at either CMU or App St, my point stands. You are clueless. He threw more than Tenn at CMU but keep avoiding the question of who we could have gotten. You still haven't or won't answer the question.
    Last edited by Really Clark?; 01-17-2023 at 10:29 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KB21 View Post
    It's going to be hard to get good WRs as well.
    I know right. We won't pass it 62.93041239842309% of the time so of course no one will want to play QB or WR for us and we will suck. Who cares if we score it 35 PPG.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Signed Parson out of Tennessee
    Bringing in the MC QB as a preferred WO
    Now we are trying to pull Vandy's QB- Mike Wright

http://cfbstats.com/2022/player/736/...ing/split.html

Ran for 500 yards this year

Love the way this is trending
    It only gets exciting if Will is graciously set to the side. These other guys are completely different than Will stylistically. It feels like we'll still be trying to put that square peg in that round hole for the next year or two otherwise.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubb Rubb View Post
    It only gets exciting if Will is graciously set to the side. These other guys are completely different than Will stylistically. It feels like we'll still be trying to put that square peg in that round hole for the next year or two otherwise.
    Why? Barbay doesn't need a running QB to run his offense.

vCash
    The answer is we shouldn't need to be looking for decent backups...but here we are... and the Hollingshead thing is irrelevant... we could have hired any coach that was air raid centric and avoided this bs...

What's silly is all of you guys thinking that we've upgraded our staff when we've downgraded... and it's just as silly to think going to a ground and pound system is some how going to improve our chances to compete for a championship when it eliminates it...that's silly or sad...you can pick...
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    Only at Mississippi State can we hire one of the top offensive coordinators in the country have fans shitting on it because they want to keep running the same inefficient offense that was stuck in neutral against every defense with a pulse.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Jenkins View Post
    There's been plenty of that around here the last couple of weeks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubb Rubb View Post
    You may have to next year. Good OCs can adapt. So if we cannot get anyone we are confident can beat out Will AND make the offense better then you do what Dan did every year, take what your QB does best and tailor the offense around that.