Page 19 of 31 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm really liking the way we are trending with QB's

vCash
    Here is the deal

Did the Leach Air Raid work at times? Yes
    Did it completely suck at times ? Yes

No matter what offense you run in college football you go as far as your QB can take you
    If he is limited your offense is limited
    Love him or hate him the one fact about Will is that he is limited at QB . That’s not a knock on the kid it is what it is .

This offense next year won’t look anything like it will in 2024 if we have a different style of QB
    If Coach Leach had not passed away , his air raid would have looked a lot different in 2024. I would have loved to see what he could have done with a Hooker ( Tennessee) type QB .

And his version of the offense is much different than the other versions out there , so just saying if we hired an “air raid” guy for the OC doesn’t mean it would have worked , odds are it wouldn’t have been as good

You have to have 2 things if you are MSU to be really competitive in college football IMO
    A strong defense and a impact guy at QB .
    Besides the covid year , the only other time we had a sub par season 5-7 was the year our defense sucked ass. Of course we did have Peter Sirmon as DC ..

As long as CZA can keep the defense rolling and strong we will be fine , if he can find that IT guy at QB we can make a little noise

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KB21 View Post
    Nowhere have I said that.
    "Every team that runs the Air Raid runs his system. There may be a few differences in play calling, but the base stuff and terminology are all the same." - KB

"Kirby Smart hired a coordinator with a background in the air raid." - KB

"While they are not an air raid, all fence, Monken does use air raid concepts and his passing game. Those concepts are what has allowed them to create space for Brock Bowers. They were brought him on mash. They use him on shallow cross. They use him on Y sail and cross." - KB

vCash
    If we can pull Garcia, that would be huge!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    Here is the deal

No matter what offense you run in college football you go as far as your QB can take you
    If he is limited your offense is limited
    Love him or hate him the one fact about Will is that he is limited at QB . That?s not a knock on the kid it is what it is .

This offense next year won?t look anything like it will in 2024 if we have a different style of QB
    If Coach Leach had not passed away , his air raid would have looked a lot different in 2024. I would have loved to see what he could have done with a Hooker ( Tennessee) type QB .

And his version of the offense is much different than the other versions out there , so just saying if we hired an ?air raid? guy for the OC doesn?t mean it would have worked , odds are it wouldn?t have been as good

You have to have 2 things if you are MSU to be really competitive in college football IMO
    A strong defense and a impact guy at QB .
    Besides the covid year , the only other time we had a sub par season 5-7 was the year our defense sucked ass. Of course we did have Peter Sirmon as DC ..

As long as CZA can keep the defense rolling and strong we will be fine , if he can find that IT guy at QB we can make a little noise
    THANK YOU. Will has played hesitant in games (UK and LSU and OM) that has cost us. His lack to let it rip down field killed us. That?s the fact of the matter, he plays not to lose instead of win.

Now I?m excited about us possibly trying to get into the Jake Garcia sweepstakes. A little concerning he didn?t beat out Van Dyke, but Van Dyke has some talent and many draft experts expected him to be in contention to be a top QB taken in this years draft.

vCash
    Garcia would be a great pick up. Hopefully we see an OV set up. Roberson the WR is coming in tomorrow. Would love to add him for Rara spot.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    Garcia would be a great pick up. Hopefully we see an OV set up. Roberson the WR is coming in tomorrow. Would love to add him for Rara spot.
    Wait this actually has a chance at happening? Would be a massive get

vCash
    Who is Garcia?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Who is Garcia?
    Miami QB Transfer

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DEDawg View Post
    Wait this actually has a chance at happening? Would be a massive get
    Roberson we have a good chance I believe. Garcia is still early to tell how interested he is but we have been in contact with him and hope to get something set up.

vCash
    Roberson we have a good chance I believe. Garcia is still early to tell how interested he is but we have been in contact with him and hope to get something set up.
    That is good to hear. At least we are playing the game

vCash
    Does Miami have a Target?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CoachT14 View Post
    "Every team that runs the Air Raid runs his system. There may be a few differences in play calling, but the base stuff and terminology are all the same." - KB

"Kirby Smart hired a coordinator with a background in the air raid." - KB

"While they are not an air raid, all fence, Monken does use air raid concepts and his passing game. Those concepts are what has allowed them to create space for Brock Bowers. They were brought him on mash. They use him on shallow cross. They use him on Y sail and cross." - KB
    And none of those comments infer what you are saying I said.
    #AirRaidForever!!#SwingYourSword!!#FireArnett

vCash
    I didn't keep up with Miami this year so what's the deal? I looked at Garcia's highlights and he looked good. Did he get beat out or get hurt along the way?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KB21 View Post
    And none of those comments infer what you are saying I said.

vCash
    Miami QB Transfer
    Any kin to Jeff Garcia?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgface View Post
    I didn't keep up with Miami this year so what's the deal? I looked at Garcia's highlights and he looked good. Did he get beat out or get hurt along the way?
    He got beat out by Van Dyke who was a Soph.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt3467 View Post
    Any kin to Jeff Garcia?
    I don't know, hadn't seen it mentioned.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    Here is the deal

Exactly, Some guys are so black and white, there is a whole lot of gray that gets ignored. We all get so passionate but some get dug in on thinking something is all good or all bad.
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    Roberson plays slot. He's not an outside guy, or at least he wasn't for EWU. He's more Jamire Calvin than Rara

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    Roberson plays slot. He's not an outside guy, or at least he wasn't for EWU. He's more Jamire Calvin than Rara
    I think they are recruiting him as an outside WR. His bio says 6'2" and 195. I don't see any reason that we would be recruiting any more slot receivers.