Page 14 of 31 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm really liking the way we are trending with QB's

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    The balance is what opened up those big plays.
    You're missing the point.......still. You can be balanced as all hell, but if you don't have athletes that can take the top off then it doesn't matter. No one will respect you. There's a portion of this fan base that would rather have Vic Sutton throwing 2 yd slants to some walk on JUCO player because they're MS boys instead of the mercenaries that it takes to win.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    Bro, you want a fantasy.

Saban pushed our shit in for 3 years. The AR didn't make a damn bit of difference. And yes, you do have to be able to pound the rock. That is football 101. If Leach had adapted his scheme to employ ground support for his air raid we would have been talking very differently about the three years under Leach because we would have been able to run the ball opening up opportunities for passes downfield for the air raid concepts.
    Talk about fantasy....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mo7888 View Post
    Talk about fantasy....
    You have wing T high school coaches speaking out against the AR and passing the football in this thread. Don?t listen to them. You absolutely do not have to pound the football to win. That?s a myth that analytics has proven false.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KB21 View Post
    You have wing T high school coaches speaking out against the AR and passing the football in this thread. Don?t listen to them. You absolutely do not have to pound the football to win. That?s a myth that analytics has proven false.
    Yup... it's quite clear... but you're not gonna convince people who are conditioned to embrace an outdated concept and find security in mediocrity..

vCash
    What you AR guys think about dykes going veer and shoot?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    What you AR guys think about dykes going veer and shoot?
    I don't think he is... I think you're seeing three things here 1) I think you are seeing Dykes incorporating more concepts into their scheme, 2) I think you're seeing Briles getting away from a QB that's limited and will be able to open his playboook more than he could with KJ, and 3) Dykes isonly making this move because his OC was hired away...not fired...

In the end Briles will conform more to Dykes style than Dykes will conform to Briles...

vCash
    lmao. I've never run the Wing-T and have been a Spread guy for awhile 2004. I havent run the I-formation since 1997. My last 2 offenses have thrown the ball more than run.

Nobody is saying you have to be run heavy- just that running the ball is a must for a successful offense.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    2019 LSU offense- one of the best ever if not the best:

PPG- 48.4
    Passing 426/567 6024 yards 401 PG
    Rushing 513/2502 166 PG

567 passes to 513 rushes
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    When we ran the ball 25% of the time under Leach good things happened. You have to at least have some form of running game. You guys that still want to throw it 70 times a game are massively stupid.

vCash
    There's absolutely, 100% no question in this day and age to be successful consistently you have to have a very good passing game, no question. That being said you don't have to throw it 60 times a game to have an effective passing game AND you have to have some semblance of a good running game or teams are just gonna tee off on your qb and wrs. Even Brady can't win a game when he has to throw it 60+ times.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    There's absolutely, 100% no question in this day and age to be successful consistently you have to have a very good passing game, no question. That being said you don't have to throw it 60 times a game to have an effective passing game AND you have to have some semblance of a good running game or teams are just gonna tee off on your qb and wrs. Even Brady can't win a game when he has to throw it 60+ times.
    And why some people cannot grasp this very simple concept makes me think they're just trolls.

vCash
    Agree 100%. They just think any system other than air raid is 3 yards in a cloud of dust. It's cult like

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BankerDog View Post
    You just gonna forget Saban pushing us in every year since ?07?? You know how OM beat him and got to those two Sugar Bowls that 34 mentioned? They beat them going over the top. In 2014 that ran the ball 32 times for a remarkable 75 yards!! And in 2015 that ran 32 times for another 92 yard performance.

You know what beats the teams? It ain?t scheme, it?s players. So instead of arguing about the scheme, we need to start getting the talent. And the talent alone in MS isn?t going to get it done. We were increasing our footprint and need to keep that up with the new staff. Because of AJ and Metcalf, MS isn?t producing the offensive skill guys that the surrounding states are.
    In 2014 they beat Bama because the Bama OC at the time went totally dumshit and inexplainably abandoned the run game at the OM 15 yardline about to put the 21st point up on them. Then the OM pass defense won that game by giving their Off great field position the rest of the game. In 2015 well 5 turnovers at your own 20 will beat you every time/ Oh year the Bama OC at the time was Kiffen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    And why some people cannot grasp this very simple concept makes me think they're just trolls.
    I loved Mike Leach and have watched him since he started coaching. I love the passing game, it's extremely fun to watch. Just like with anything else though when you become to one dimensional, it's one less thing defenses have to worry about. Its just like pitching to hitters. If all you got is a fastball you're gonna get hit because hitters will catch up to it at some point, you have to keep them off balance. Same is true in football, baseball, basketball whatever the sport.

vCash
    I loved Mike Leach and have watched him since he started coaching. I love the passing game, it's extremely fun to watch. Just like with anything else though when you become to one dimensional, it's one less thing defenses have to worry about. Its just like pitching to hitters. If all you got is a fastball you're gonna get hit because hitters will catch up to it at some point, you have to keep them off balance. Same is true in football, baseball, basketball whatever the sport.
    Exactly. This is why a lot of offensive coordinators starting using air raid concepts in their passing game, but they already had a run game to go with it. They didn't abandon the whole concept of running the ball.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    lmao. I've never run the Wing-T and have been a Spread guy for awhile 2004. I havent run the I-formation since 1997. My last 2 offenses have thrown the ball more than run.

Nobody is saying you have to be run heavy- just that running the ball is a must for a successful offense.
    You will not convince AR stupidity anything on this subject. Their narrative is in concrete, end of story.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    2019 LSU offense- one of the best ever if not the best:

PPG- 48.4
    Passing 426/567 6024 yards 401 PG
    Rushing 513/2502 166 PG

567 passes to 513 rushes
    Facts are not allowed in this discussion on AR and running the ball. BTW, LSU didn't run AR passing either.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    Agree 100%. They just think any system other than air raid is 3 yards in a cloud of dust. It's cult like
    Yep. Look how much running the ball has progressed over the years. The AR did too except the version we had which was 30 years old.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mo7888 View Post
    Yup... it's quite clear... but you're not gonna convince people who are conditioned to embrace an outdated concept and find security in mediocrity..
    So 500 football with the AR isn't mediocrity? OK

vCash