Page 25 of 31 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm really liking the way we are trending with QB's

vCash
    I'm calling the first offense play of 2023 right now. QB Draw right up the middle

vCash
    Where he go????

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    What's so funny and insane with his logic is how he keeps throwing analytics around (with no deep analytical data, just broad study articles) while one of the bigger analytical guys out there, Bartoo, loves Barbay's offensive numbers. Heck he really likes our offensive staff. He keeps concededly stating analytics is on his side when an actual analytics person in Bartoo rates Barbay highly.
    Bartoo was higher on Friend and Greg Knox than anyone else on the staff. He did say that he liked our staff and that is was better than last year but he also then said Barbay had a couple of good years but then said small sample size and didn't really sound certain about him good or bad. What I took from it is he is more confident about large sample sizes than anything. Which makes sense.

He didn't say anything about Bumphis and couldn't remember Schmidt's name. I wonder if he thinks Knox is the running backs coach instead of Hughes the way he was talking?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Bartoo was higher on Friend and Greg Knox than anyone else on the staff. He did say that he liked our staff and that is was better than last year but he also then said Barbay had a couple of good years but then said small sample size and didn't really sound certain about him good or bad. What I took from it is he is more confident about large sample sizes than anything. Which makes sense.

He didn't say anything about Bumphis and couldn't remember Schmidt's name. I wonder if he thinks Knox is the running backs coach instead of Hughes the way he was talking?
    The deal w Knox is, because of the new rules "allowing" him to coach, people are assuming he's the guy who is actually going to be coaching the rb.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    The deal w Knox is, because of the new rules "allowing" him to coach, people are assuming he's the guy who is actually going to be coaching the rb.
    They should just go ahead and bite the bullet and increase staff sizes to like 12-13.

Could look like this for a typical team

OC
    QB
    RB
    WR
    TE
    OL

DC
    DL
    LB
    CB
    S

ST

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Signed Parson out of Tennessee
    Bringing in the MC QB as a preferred WO
    Now we are trying to pull Vandy's QB- Mike Wright

http://cfbstats.com/2022/player/736/...ing/split.html

Ran for 500 yards this year

Love the way this is trending

What. He is a career back up at VANDY!!!! He is a 52% passer.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackSailsDawg View Post
    We didn't need a back-up QB???

vCash
    We didn't need a back-up QB???
    Yes we had to have one. Has nothing to do with liking the "way its trending". We do not want to trend that direction.

vCash
    Yes we had to have one. Has nothing to do with liking the "way its trending". We do not want to trend that direction.
    Then we shouldn't have signed Parson either? The guy Leach wanted and everyone was telling us how Leach was going to evolve the offense. Kind of looks like you are making a mountain out of a mole hill.

vCash
    Then we shouldn't have signed Parson either? The guy Leach wanted and everyone was telling us how Leach was going to evolve the offense. Kind of looks like you are making a mountain out of a mole hill.
    No it looks more like you are wanting to pick an internet fight.

Parson isn't a career back up with a history of throwing completed passes at 52%. It's 71% And that is the point being made.

vCash

Parson isn't a career back up with a history of throwing completed passes at 52%. It's 71% And that is the point being made.
    huh????? What point? you wanted a better option???

vCash

So you wanted Arnett to convince somebody that wasn't a career backup to come and backup Will? Or you were expecting Arnett to pull somebody that was going to push Will to the bench so our backup QB won't be a career backup? Getting somebody that has performed ok behind Vandy's OL seems like about as good as it gets. A Jr. that is likely to be a quality starter is unlikely to come and sit the bench behind Will for one of his two remaining years. If a sophomore is transferring, they're probably going to want to start and if not, be really confident they are better than the freshman being signed. We just didn't have a lot of realistic options for QB transfers this year.

vCash
    Someone that can actually operate in a passing offense would have been good.
    #AirRaidForever!!#SwingYourSword!!#FireArnett

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KB21 View Post
    Great. Who did you have in mind?

vCash

What is your point then? Like I said previously we need a backup. Don't give HS stats thinking it's always going to translate to college. I think Parson is going to be good, but he is no where close to being ready to be a backup. Especially, still coming off an injury.

Don't complain and make vague statements without an idea of a resolution to a problem you perceive.
    Last edited by Really Clark?; 01-27-2023 at 04:28 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KB21 View Post
    Great, name who we realistically can get.

vCash
    He is an SEC starter coming to BACK UP here. We had no back up qb on the roster. How can you possibly be upset we got an SEC starting QB late in the portal to come be our backup while the talented freshmen redshirts?

vCash
    Great, name who we realistically can get.
    RJ Martinez from Northern Arizona. Committed to Baylor instead.
    #AirRaidForever!!#SwingYourSword!!#FireArnett

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    huh????? What point? you wanted a better option???
    My point is that we should not like a "trend" towards that. Nothing more. Nothing less.

Johnson85
    Johnson85

So you wanted Arnett to convince somebody that wasn't a career backup to come and backup Will? Or you were expecting Arnett to pull somebody that was going to push Will to the bench so our backup QB won't be a career backup? Getting somebody that has performed ok behind Vandy's OL seems like about as good as it gets. A Jr. that is likely to be a quality starter is unlikely to come and sit the bench behind Will for one of his two remaining years. If a sophomore is transferring, they're probably going to want to start and if not, be really confident they are better than the freshman being signed. We just didn't have a lot of realistic options for QB transfers this year.
    Wait now. I'm suppose to be ok with Ole Miss getting QBs with a higher up side than us now? Is that where we are? What I want is to attract the players needed at MSU to take the next step. What I don't want is to "love the trend" used in the same sentence as a career back up throwing it at a 52%.

Does that make me anti Arnett. No.

Really Clark?

What is your point then? Like I said previously we need a backup. Don't give HS stats thinking it's always going to translate to college. I think Parson is going to be good, but he is no where close to being ready to be a backup. Especially, still coming off an injury.

Don't complain and make vague statements without an idea of a resolution to a problem you perceive.
    Point? Se above. I made no vague statement. I was clear. Celebrating a 52% QB and career back up and hoping that is a trend is legit nuts. There is no perceived problem. It's a legit problem to have a massive gap below Rogers and above Parson. It more than concerning.

DEDawg

He is an SEC starter coming to BACK UP here. We had no back up qb on the roster. How can you possibly be upset we got an SEC starting QB late in the portal to come be our backup while the talented freshmen redshirts?
    He is not an SEC starter. He lost out to 2 different QBs in his career at Vandy. This past season, he lost out to a freshman and played due to injuries:

Vandy’s junior quarterback will be the starter at the position once again when the Commodores take the field at 11 a.m. CT Saturday in Lexington, Kentucky. Wright resumes the role he began the season with as freshman AJ Swann will be out this week due to injury.

vCash
    I see Mike Wright as a comparable to Nick Fitzgerald. We loved that guy but he would not have started at QB for any other school in the SEC. Mike Wright is exactly where he should be.