Page 24 of 31 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm really liking the way we are trending with QB's

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by viverlibre View Post
    I hope he has such a good season next year that we want him back for 2024, but I'm afraid there will be Will "fatigue" if he doesn't have a great year.
    There's already Will fatigue for everyone who knows what they're looking at. I'm hoping Barbay's offense gives him a new lease on life. But the first time he takes a coverage sack because he's locked in on the primary receiver, or he throws a pic off his back foot while running backwards, we'll know.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    At the risk of saying it- so you're saying it's pro style but with 4 WR?
    No. Its not a pro style offense

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    No. Its not a pro style offense
    Without divulging too much, how would you describe it?

I've been told that it is a run first offense, that hits you with play action and once you load the box it takes shots deep and really puts pressure on your corners. I asked if QB needs to mobile and i've been told no by at least two people that pay a lot more money than me to the school.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
    Without divulging too much, how would you describe it?

I've been told that it is a run first offense, that hits you with play action and once you load the box it takes shots deep and really puts pressure on your corners. I asked if QB needs to mobile and i've been told no by at least two people that pay a lot more money than me to the school.
    It's multiple but to be successful we will need to establish the run. Now he's not going to line up in I backs and 22 personnel to do that. He does it through RPO and zone read schemes out of gun and pistol formations. A lot of 11 and some 21 personnel. However, we're still going to throw 30-35 times. We have too many weapons at receiver not to. I think it's safe to say Barbay has never had a receiver room this talented so he may actually throw a bit more this year than he's used to. On the QB needing to run, I wouldn't say that he needs to run, but there needs to be at least a threat that he could take it on a read option and get 5-7 yards. The QB doesn't need breakaway speed, but he can't be a statue either.

vCash
    An H-back that can catch and block would make us so much better on day 1.
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Jenkins View Post
    An H-back that can catch and block would make us so much better on day 1.
    And can throw deep? ****

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
    This ain't high school when he was bigger than the DE. RPO's put Will in the line of fire repeatedly. He's terrified and will fold , like always.
    Will has had good games and bad games, but the only time he has looked scared to me was against Ole Miss this year. I can't imagine he suddenly became scared after playing in the SEC for almost 3 seasons; I think he just got in his head and was making bad decisions that happened to look like the same types of mistakes a scared QB would make.

I get being critical of Will's play; I have been critical of it. But people have lost perspective. He has shown he can be successful in the SEC. His performances in several games this year were concerning, but it's not like he hasn't played well against good defenses. He isn't going to be successful against a typical Bama or UGA defense (which short of getting a Michael Vick type player, is going to be the case for any QB we get until we upgrade a lot of positions), but he has shown he can be good against most teams we play.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    Will has had good games and bad games, but the only time he has looked scared to me was against Ole Miss this year. I can't imagine he suddenly became scared after playing in the SEC for almost 3 seasons; I think he just got in his head and was making bad decisions that happened to look like the same types of mistakes a scared QB would make.

I get being critical of Will's play; I have been critical of it. But people have lost perspective. He has shown he can be successful in the SEC. His performances in several games this year were concerning, but it's not like he hasn't played well against good defenses. He isn't going to be successful against a typical Bama or UGA defense (which short of getting a Michael Vick type player, is going to be the case for any QB we get until we upgrade a lot of positions), but he has shown he can be good against most teams we play.
    Watching the App State offense I think Will can thrive in this offense. It requires more of a game manager as opposed to someone that has to be responsible for all the yards. I think this is good for Will. I think it takes the pressure off him.

The AR offense really struggled against decent defenses and really hammered average to below average defenses. We saw that all year. With the way our defense can play, we just need an above average offense and i think we can have a big year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
    Watching the App State offense I think Will can thrive in this offense. It requires more of a game manager as opposed to someone that has to be responsible for all the yards. I think this is good for Will. I think it takes the pressure off him.

The AR offense really struggled against decent defenses and really hammered average to below average defenses. We saw that all year. With the way our defense can play, we just need an above average offense and i think we can have a big year.
    I'm sure he can manage turning around and handing the ball off over and over and over and over and over again.
    #AirRaidForever!!#SwingYourSword!!#FireArnett

vCash
    24 pages and over 32k views. And I'm like...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    24 pages and over 32k views. And I'm like...

Was the porridge good?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KB21 View Post
    I'm sure he can manage turning around and handing the ball off over and over and over and over and over again.
    It will be about 90% less times than you posting the same thing over and over and over and over again X infinity.

vCash
    You know, I bet all of these folks who are excited that we are getting back to the pound the rock style of offensive football are the same ones who gripe during baseball season because we don't bunt the runner from first over to second.
    #AirRaidForever!!#SwingYourSword!!#FireArnett

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    It will be about 90% less times than you posting the same thing over and over and over and over again X infinity.
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Really Clark? again.

Its like K@*1 is so miserable that he won't be happy unless everyone else is too........

vCash
    Someone thought Will could run something other than air raid, I think he was signed by Moorhead

vCash
    KB21 is the d*ck of all d*cks. He's been a fake msu fan and finally his racist, slave supporting past has oozed out and is showing. Might even be a bigger d*ck than Lane since they do act similar.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BorneDawg View Post
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Really Clark? again.

Its like K@*1 is so miserable that he won't be happy unless everyone else is too........
    What's so funny and insane with his logic is how he keeps throwing analytics around (with no deep analytical data, just broad study articles) while one of the bigger analytical guys out there, Bartoo, loves Barbay's offensive numbers. Heck he really likes our offensive staff. He keeps concededly stating analytics is on his side when an actual analytics person in Bartoo rates Barbay highly.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgface View Post
    Was the porridge good?
    Yes, it was filled with the lamentations of the women and children.**

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    What's so funny and insane with his logic is how he keeps throwing analytics around (with no deep analytical data, just broad study articles) while one of the bigger analytical guys out there, Bartoo, loves Barbay's offensive numbers. Heck he really likes our offensive staff. He keeps concededly stating analytics is on his side when an actual analytics person in Bartoo rates Barbay highly.
    He won't want to hear about that. Analytics will be out the window on that one.

vCash
    I wish our first offensive possession of the season we would line up and run the wishbone just to see some heads explode.