Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm really liking the way we are trending with QB's

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    We need a back up from the transfer portal. He is one of the better ones that we could potentially pull. Who do you think is better and we can actually get?
    As another poster said above me....he's decent....we're excited about 'decent'... smdh...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mo7888 View Post
    As another poster said above me....he's decent....we're excited about 'decent'... smdh...
    Ok, who should we be excited for in the portal for a need that we have?

vCash
    "Back up" is the key idea in the statement you quoted.

vCash
    A qb that can move and run.....why wouldn't that be a good option? I hope Will adapts to the new system but if not we need options.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    "Back up" is the key idea in the statement you quoted.
    Yep...but when you consider the fact that we wouldn't be looking for a backup like this if we'd made different personnel decisions...nor would we be have been fighting for tulu etc....it's 17ing depressing.... .. but yea...just be excited...I mean fb in the 70's was glorious...

vCash
    Ok, who should we be excited for in the portal for a need that we have?
    Really Clark? We shouldn't need to be in the portal looking 'decent' backups.... but yet that's where we find ourselves...smh

vCash
    Does mike wright pass the ball better than terry wilson? LOL

vCash
    Yep...but when you consider the fact that we wouldn't be looking for a backup like this if we'd made different personnel decisions...nor would we be have been fighting for tulu etc....it's 17ing depressing.... .. but yea...just be excited...I mean fb in the 70's was glorious...
    Tulu is irrelevant in this discussion and has nothing to with coaches.

What different personnel decisions should we have made? Oh you mean Hollingshead taking an OC job and let us know he was in talks prior to the bowl game. Well that's a silly take. What decision could we have made, he was leaving in his own.

Again, answer the question instead of pontificating gloom and doom, who should we be excited about trying to get from the portal that we could possibly pull?

vCash
    Really Clark? We shouldn't need to be in the portal looking 'decent' backups.... but yet that's where we find ourselves...smh
    Hollingshead was leaving regardless, he became an OC. So it's a moot point you are trying to make. There was no different decision to make, he was making it on his own before the bowl game.

vCash
    Anyone who thinks we will have a QB any better than Wright transfer in this year with a 3 year starter in place needs a reality check. Even changing systems, Will is still the likely starter.
    Wright brings SEC starting experience, mobility, and someone to challenge Will a la Jack Abraham
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Tulu is irrelevant in this discussion and has nothing to with coaches.

What different personnel decisions should we have made? Oh you mean Hollingshead taking an OC job and let us know he was in talks prior to the bowl game. Well that's a silly take. What decision could we have made, he was leaving in his own.

Again, answer the question instead of pontificating gloom and doom, who should we be excited about trying to get from the portal that we could possibly pull?
    The answer is we shouldn't need to be looking for decent backups...but here we are... and the Hollingshead thing is irrelevant... we could have hired any coach that was air raid centric and avoided this bs...

What's silly is all of you guys thinking that we've upgraded our staff when we've downgraded... and it's just as silly to think going to a ground and pound system is some how going to improve our chances to compete for a championship when it eliminates it...that's silly or sad...you can pick...

vCash
    The answer is we shouldn't need to be looking for decent backups...but here we are... and the Hollingshead thing is irrelevant... we could have hired any coach that was air raid centric and avoided this bs...

What's silly is all of you guys thinking that we've upgraded our staff when we've downgraded... and it's just as silly to think going to a ground and pound system is some how going to improve our chances to compete for a championship when it eliminates it...that's silly or sad...you can pick...
    Well you are clueless if you think this is a ground and pound system. Absolutely clueless.

But for argument sake...what Air Raid OC could we have hired with an equal resume or better? Name that OC that's so glaring to you that we missed on. If you are not putting forth names that's gives a comparison, than you are just regurgitating what you want inside your head without some possible concrete evidence that you could have a point.

vCash

So we should have stuck to an offense that produced 1 TD against Bama (whose defense has been bad by Bama standards) in 3 years?

This prolific offense has struggled against good defenses and gained less offense than they were average giving up. The offense wasn't that good. Before Leach passed away most people thought we needed to change something because what we were doing wasn't working very well.

vCash
    The fact that we're 'excited' about this shows how far we've fallen in such a short amount of time..
    True. QB recruiting is about to take a serious nose dive.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    So we should have stuck to an offense that produced 1 TD against Bama (whose defense has been bad by Bama standards) in 3 years?

This prolific offense has struggled against good defenses and gained less offense than they were average giving up. The offense wasn't that good. Before Leach passed away most people thought we needed to change something because what we were doing wasn't working very well.
    If I remember correctly that 1 td was on the last play of the game this year. When bama had their reserves in the game.

vCash
    Lord knows I will rip into our coaches/programs when I feel it's deserved, but some of you are just terrible. I will at least give coaches the benefit of seeing them in actual games... to rip them without any evidence of failing is stupid.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Lord knows I will rip into our coaches/programs when I feel it's deserved, but some of you are just terrible. I will at least give coaches the benefit of seeing them in actual games... to rip them without any evidence of failing is stupid.
    The more I read this board, the more I am convinced there is actually an extremely small percentage of fans that understand the game of football......

vCash
    Wright will be fine. He was a backup at Vandy and he will be a backup here if he comes. It gives us protection if Will gets hurt so we would not have to throw Parson to the wolves as a true freshman

vCash

Clark already said it above, but I'm going to add again because it needs to be pointed out a lot. What modern AR guy did we miss out on (that we could've actually gotten) who has a track record of more than 1 year of success?

This honestly isn't even worthy of a response since you are calling this a ground and pound system, you're being intellectual dishonest because you can't actually argue that he's a bad OC hire.

I say all this to say, anyone who is still being extremely critical of Arnett at this point is either just mad in general that he's the guy or they have no idea what they are talking about related to football. I've been extremely critical of him lately, but said from the get go, if he hired a good OC I'd lay off. Barbay is just about as good as we could've hoped once you get past the Briles, Riley's, and Kittley's of the world.
    Last edited by CoachT14; 01-17-2023 at 09:48 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PikeDawg15 View Post
    Looks like ole miss is getting walker Howard
    If he goes to UM, that would likely mean they promised him the starting role, then Jaxon Dart may end up in the portal (it opens again in May). Would we be happy with him?