Page 22 of 31 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm really liking the way we are trending with QB's

vCash
    I'm going on a limb and say if Wright comes he'll uproot Will before the season is over.

Our 500th Member
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
    I'm going on a limb and say if Wright comes he'll uproot Will before the season is over.
    This is highly unlikely as Barbay's offenses seem to call for more of an accurate QB than a running QB & Wright isn't a very good passer. Wright is likely a bridge between Will next year & Parson taking over about 3-4 games into 2024 as a redshirt freshmen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 662dawg View Post
    This is highly unlikely as Barbay's offenses seem to call for more of an accurate QB than a running QB & Wright isn't a very good passer. Wright is likely a bridge between Will next year & Parson taking over about 3-4 games into 2024 as a redshirt freshmen.
    Something to consider though:

Will played behind one of the top OL?s in the SEC and the nation. It?s either 2nd or 3rd in the SEC depending on where you see.

Wright on the other hand played behind one of the worst. 9th, 10th or 11th rated.

Despite those pressure numbers. Wright?s sack % is less than Will?s which means Wright shows a fairly good amount of escapability.

So the question becomes does right put up better completion numbers behind our OL. I think it?s fair to say yes he would.

His adjusted completion percentage is 68.3% which should show where he?d be without extra pressure, throwaways, drops, etc. To be fair to Will, his adjust completion percentage is nuts - 80.1%. Only Rattler and Daniels are higher.

The real completion percentage for both:

Will - 68.03%
    Wright - 56.8%

vCash
    The offense has RPO'S. Will can't run so the offense would be limited. He's also Leach's Qb. If the new OC is going after a veteran Qb with experience it's not to hold a clipboard. Will is going to have to beat him out. I'm not certain he will for the entirety of the year. Will is terrified of being tackled.

vCash
    Question

Since Wright is class of 2020

2020 did not count

If he does not get the starting job this year , can he redshirt?

I?m pretty sure he has not used a redshirt yet.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PikeDawg15 View Post
    Question

Since Wright is class of 2020

2020 did not count

If he does not get the starting job this year , can he redshirt?

I?m pretty sure he has not used a redshirt yet.
    He has another year of eligibility in 2024, based on another post in another thread. I don't know if this directly answers your question.

Our 500th Member
    vCash
    The offense has RPO'S. Will can't run so the offense would be limited. He's also Leach's Qb. If the new OC is going after a veteran Qb with experience it's not to hold a clipboard. Will is going to have to beat him out. I'm not certain he will for the entirety of the year. Will is terrified of being tackled.
    I don't dont disagree with Will being terrified to run lol. I don't think Mike will beat him out though. Never say never though.

vCash
    I don't dont disagree with Will being terrified to run lol. I don't think Mike will beat him out though. Never say never though.
    I think there will come a game where "shaking in my boots" gets pulled for it. If we win that game it changes the dynamics.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RisperDawg View Post
    He has another year of eligibility in 2024, based on another post in another thread. I don't know if this directly answers your question.
    My question is has he used his redshirt yet

My thought process is his freshman year was 2020 , same as will rogers

That year does not count

2021 and 2022 he played

Idk if he played more than 4 games in 2021 though, if he hasn?t used that redshirt from that season.

Lets say this

Will Rogers wins the 2023 job and after 2023 he leaves for the NFL draft.

During 2023, Wright uses his redshirt year and then coming into 2024 he will have 2 years left after that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PikeDawg15 View Post
    My question is has he used his redshirt yet

My thought process is his freshman year was 2020 , same as will rogers

That year does not count

2021 and 2022 he played

Idk if he played more than 4 games in 2021 though, if he hasn?t used that redshirt from that season.

Lets say this

Will Rogers wins the 2023 job and after 2023 he leaves for the NFL draft.

During 2023, Wright uses his redshirt year and then coming into 2024 he will have 2 years left after that.
    I think you are on the right track.

I'm not sure Will comes back for 2024 even though he can.

It's going to take a couple of years for Barbay to get what he wants in so we're probably better off going with Will and be pass happy for 2023.

vCash
    App St QB hardly ever ran the ball. RPO does not mean QB runs the ball. And also, for as much as he has gotten destroyed behind our OL he sure does get back up every time. Maybe he is pretty tough idk

I will bet anyone on the board than Will starts till he decides to leave, barring an injury. Will has ran RPOs in 10th 11th and 12th. If anything it will make his job a lot easier

vCash
    This was a nice weekend. We actually have a capable backup now with sec experience. Got a wr we wanted, and I suspect johnson is back. Now let's find some TEs. Good job, staff

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    This was a nice weekend. We actually have a capable backup now with sec experience. Got a wr we wanted, and I suspect johnson is back. Now let's find some TEs. Good job, staff
    What's the scoop on Johnson? I know he hit the portal but I thought he was going to Washington.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
    What's the scoop on Johnson? I know he hit the portal but I thought he was going to Washington.
    I expect Dillion Johnson to return. He did commit to Washington but he never enrolled.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I expect Dillion Johnson to return. He did commit to Washington but he never enrolled.
    Thanks Todd

vCash
    I think he does as well but he couldn't enroll yet anyway, they are on the quarter system at Washington.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    I think he does as well but he couldn't enroll yet anyway, they are on the quarter system at Washington.
    Well, according to this classes started for them Jan 3. I don't know what their final date to enroll is but if he was serious about going there he would be in Seattle right now.

https://www.washington.edu/students/reg/begendcal.html

vCash
    Well, according to this classes started for them Jan 3. I don't know what their final date to enroll is but if he was serious about going there he would be in Seattle right now.

https://www.washington.edu/students/reg/begendcal.html
    Think that's their last day of registration.

https://www.washington.edu/students/reg/2223cal.html#Q5

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    App St QB hardly ever ran the ball. RPO does not mean QB runs the ball. And also, for as much as he has gotten destroyed behind our OL he sure does get back up every time. Maybe he is pretty tough idk

I will bet anyone on the board than Will starts till he decides to leave, barring an injury. Will has ran RPOs in 10th 11th and 12th. If anything it will make his job a lot easier
    This ain't high school when he was bigger than the DE. RPO's put Will in the line of fire repeatedly. He's terrified and will fold , like always.

vCash
    This ain't high school when he was bigger than the DE. RPO's put Will in the line of fire repeatedly. He's terrified and will fold , like always.
    None of that is true haha. Like 0 percent of it. McKinnely Jackson, Derrick Hall, Jack Harris, played all of them. Could add more. That kid has never ever folded. Gotten beat sure but everyone does that. I would bet that he is better in this offense than he was air raid