Page 16 of 31 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm really liking the way we are trending with QB's

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KB21 View Post
    What song fans refuse to recognize is the fact that Mike had this offense going in the right direction. he inherited a situation with a poor culture. He did not have any receivers. He did not have a spring practice during his first year to install his system. Yet, he improved this offense from 109th in scoring to 60th in scoring to 48 in scoring this year. This year, his offense also improved in points per play. If you look at his history, it took him for years to build the offense the way he wanted it at Washington state. Once he had it where he wanted it, Washington State was a top 18 scoring team in the country. In 2019, Washington state was the 11th best scoring team in the country.

I believe the same thing would?ve happened here had we continued his system.
    What was our scoring rank vs conference teams that last 2 years?

Nobody cares about inflated points added in blow outs like ETSU when our starters are still playing in the 4th quarter.

We couldn't continue his system, nobody runs his system the way he ran it. It had to change because of his passing. Nobody can control that.
    Last edited by Really Clark?; 01-18-2023 at 08:12 PM.

vCash
    Every team that runs the Air Raid runs his system. There may be a few differences in play calling, but the base stuff and terminology are all the same.

vCash
    What song fans refuse to recognize is the fact that Mike had this offense going in the right direction. he inherited a situation with a poor culture. He did not have any receivers. He did not have a spring practice during his first year to install his system. Yet, he improved this offense from 109th in scoring to 60th in scoring to 48 in scoring this year. This year, his offense also improved in points per play. If you look at his history, it took him for years to build the offense the way he wanted it at Washington state. Once he had it where he wanted it, Washington State was a top 18 scoring team in the country. In 2019, Washington state was the 11th best scoring team in the country.

I believe the same thing would?ve happened here had we continued his system.
    We went backwards w almost an entire offense returning. We weren't going forward. That's like saying the stock market went up today--- no it didn't and no we weren't

vCash
    Every team that runs the Air Raid runs his system. There may be a few differences in play calling, but the base stuff and terminology are all the same.
    Terminology sure. Number of plays ? Not even close.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mo7888 View Post
    They like to use use quasi strawman arguments and talk about this year's AR as if it were a finished product. They pretend that this was all ML wanted his offense to do when it's not even logical based on what we've seen. The AR needs two things to succeed from the QB position...1) QB accuracy (and we had that) and 2) an ability to stretch the field the field vertically. We tried that with Costello but he only had one of those attributes...and those were the two main attributes ML was looking for in a QB... We didn't have that combo yet, but we were trying to get it. It also looked like he was trying to improve the athleticism at the position based on his recruiting. As homedawg pointed out, that was the least important attribute he was looking for, but based on his recruiting, it wasn't irrelevant to him. My guess is he wanted his QB to be able to take advantage of teams that left the middle open on 8 to 10 plays a game.

That's where we were headed... now we're just gonna kill time (and hopefully still beat om at least) and kick the can down the road...
    Have you two ever thought that the reason cza didn't go w the air raid is because he, as a def coordinator, didn't think it was hard to defend? Meaning 70++ percent passing. I'm willing to bet that went into his process. It's his ass in the line. Not mine, yours or 21's.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Have you two ever thought that the reason cza didn't go w the air raid is because he, as a def coordinator, didn't think it was hard to defend? Meaning 70++ percent passing. I'm willing to bet that went into his process. It's his ass in the line. Not mine, yours or 21's.
    Well, we all get to see if his ass gets roasted or not....as that's the ultimate barometer here...my guess is that he's fired within 2 years... but it won't matter because no amount of losing will change your minds...

vCash
    Not true. Leach didn't invent the pass and route concepts. From the looks of what we experienced the air raid is a spin off of the West coast. I see it no other way especially when the RB is the leading WR.
    Last edited by bulldawg28; 01-19-2023 at 09:56 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
    Not true. Leach didn't event the pass and route concepts. From the looks of what we experienced the air raid is a spin off of the West coast. I see it no other way especially when the RB is the leading WR.
    Now that's funny.... hopefully sarcasm...but somehow I doubt it...

vCash
    Well, we all get to see if his ass gets roasted or not....as that's the ultimate barometer here...my guess is that he's fired within 2 years... but it won't matter because no amount of losing will change your minds...
    Veteran offense and defense returning in 2023. We will win 6-8 games this Fall
    Even if he goes 4-8 in 2024 (which I doubt) he wont be fired

We have a hard-working team culture and discipline in the program that's not changing. Arnett will be here 4 years at minimum unless he is hired away
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    I think he is the typical meathead defensive minded coach who thinks you have to establish the run to win.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Veteran offense and defense returning in 2023. We will win 6-8 games this Fall
    Even if he goes 4-8 in 2024 (which I doubt) he wont be fired

We have a hard-working team culture and discipline in the program that's not changing. Arnett will be here 4 years at minimum unless he is hired away
    If he goes 6-6 and 4-8....he's done....even though you jack legs would be satisfied as long as 1 of those wins was against om.... and we run the ball more than we pass it....

vCash
    I think he is the typical meathead defensive minded coach who thinks you have to establish the run to win.
    Yeah- he will probably follow in the footsteps of dumbasses like Nick Saban, Kirby Smart, and Luke Fickell

vCash
    If he goes 6-6 and 4-8....he's done.....
    He wont lose his job over 1 losing season with the hard work and discipline the program has.

vCash
    Whats hilarious is that literally the best 2 coaches in college football are defensive coaches that want to establish the run. You cant make this shit up

and the best offense in modern times- 2019 LSU- was under a defensive HC

vCash
    Yeah- he will probably follow in the footsteps of dumbasses like Nick Saban, Kirby Smart, and Luke Fickell
    Luke Fickell hired an Air Raid coordinator. Kirby Smart hired a coordinator with a background in the air raid. Saban sticks with pro style because he will always have the talent to run it at a high level regardless of the coordinator.

And before anyone says it, I know Georgia doesn?t run the air raid, but Smart hired Monken for what he can do with his passing game.

vCash
    He wont lose his job over 1 losing season with the hard work and discipline the program has.
    If Leach went 6-6 and 4-8 in non covid years you would be leading the charge screaming for his head... you'd probably throw a little coin to his buyout fund.... your just a hypocrite on this...

And with his small salary...they'll buy him out in a frickin heartbeat with that record...

vCash
    A typical meathead defensive minded coach wouldn't run his 3-4 defense.

If he goes 6-6 and 4-8....he's done....even though you jack legs would be satisfied as long as 1 of those wins was against om.... and we run the ball more than we pass it....
    LOL! He's not Joe ****ing Moorhead. GTFO with that bullshit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    A typical meathead defensive minded coach wouldn't run his 3-4 defense.

LOL! He's not Joe ****ing Moorhead. GTFO with that bullshit.
    So you'd be happy with 6-6 and 4-8 seasons...sounds about about your speed...

vCash
    Luke Fickell hired an Air Raid coordinator. Kirby Smart hired a coordinator with a background in the air raid. Saban sticks with pro style because he will always have the talent to run it at a high level regardless of the coordinator.

And before anyone says it, I know Georgia doesn?t run the air raid, but Smart hired Monken for what he can do with his passing game.
    We hired Barbay because of his balanced offenses that produce.

vCash
    So you'd be happy with 6-6 and 4-8 seasons...sounds about about your speed...
    You said he'd be fired not that anybody would be happy. We aren't firing Arnett after two seasons.

Please take your worthless ass back to the ole miss board that shit you out.