Page 27 of 31 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm really liking the way we are trending with QB's

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    Awesome!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Awesome!
    Some of these have to be the same poster using different names. If not....

vCash
    You still can't add and divide. He is over 55% for his career EVEN adding Georgia. Count Georgia because I am!! I counted them all, not trying to fudge a number.
    ..... 85 out of 149 in 2022.
    ..... 93 out of 175 in 2021.

That's 178 out of 324. That is 54.94%. That's his numbers the last 2 years. So I assume you want to talk about his 10 passes in 2020 completing 6. Ok, Let's do that and split some hairs for the sake of being "right". That's 184 out of 334. That is 55.09%

So yeah I can do math very well. So let's split hairs and argue over .3% Cause that's a damn difference maker.

Nobody is claiming he is as accurate as Will but damn dude, of all things to be inaccurately using stats to argue about, a back-up SEC QB with starting experience in the league, ain't an arguing point.
    It wasn't the arguing point. That's what you made it to be. Once more as clear as I can say it. The argument I made was and is the "Love the way this is trending " All I said is it can't be the trend where our QB room is preferred walk ons and a career back ups. It can not be 55% passers.

I followed that with stating support for Arnett saying he will have the next window to add what's needed.

vCash
    Would you say going from no backup to a backup with sec starting experience is trending the right way?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackSailsDawg View Post
    ..... 85 out of 149 in 2022.
    ..... 93 out of 175 in 2021.

That's 178 out of 324. That is 54.94%. That's his numbers the last 2 years. So I assume you want to talk about his 10 passes in 2020 completing 6. Ok, Let's do that and split some hairs for the sake of being "right". That's 184 out of 334. That is 55.09%

So yeah I can do math very well. So let's split hairs and argue over .3% Cause that's a damn difference maker.

It wasn't the arguing point. That's what you made it to be. Once more as clear as I can say it. The argument I made was and is the "Love the way this is trending " All I said is it can't be the trend where our QB room is preferred walk ons and a career back ups. It can not be 55% passers.

I followed that with stating support for Arnett saying he will have the next window to add what's needed.
    85 out of 148 for 2022. You were still off by one even after I called your numbers out twice. You were off because you couldn't count and divide and kept stating he was a 52% passer even when he has never been a 52% passer. That's not splitting hairs over .3% of a percent, you were either using hyperbole to make an inaccurate argument or can't add.

God forbid he actually showed a 4.3% improvement from last year to this year. Wow! How could that be? He is coming in as a 57.4% passer from last year. Guess with 2 years left he won't keep getting better and more accurate? I mean nobody ever gets better in accuracy do they? Good grief man, he is a FREAKING BACK-UP!! We needed a backup. We got one with SEC experience and other P5 offers. That's is a nice trend at the end of the portal cycle.
    Last edited by Really Clark?; 01-27-2023 at 10:54 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Would you say going from no backup to a backup with sec starting experience is trending the right way?
    We will see what we can find after spring when QBs will again enter the portal. The OC will have settled in, the staff will have had time to see what's what....etc.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    Some of these have to be the same poster using different names. If not....

That's my theory as well.

vCash
    85 out of 148 for 2022. You were still off by one even after I called your numbers out twice.
    Like I said and corrected. 55%. You are splitting hairs over .3%. I don't care about the .3% My point stands no matter how much you want to make it about .3%. This can not be the norm for our QB room.

We needed a backup. We got one with SEC experience and other P5 offers. That's is a nice trend at the end of the portal cycle.
    We differ on what's a nice trend. We don't need a back up. We need a future starter.

God forbid he actually showed a 4% improvement from last year to this year. Wow! How could that be? He is coming in as a 57.4% passer from last year.
    When you add in Elon and the HaW (117th) and the 97th ranked FL defense. Yes. It pulls all those 52% and 53% up. Any defense ranked above 94th, he struggled with. Wake was ranked 93rd and he struggled. The only team with a defense ranked above 94th in the nation that he completed 9 out of 15 passes (60%) was Mizzou.

he is a FREAKING BACK-UP!!
    Who is one play away from being the starter.

NONE of that is the point I made. The trend can not be a QB room with preferred walk ons and 55% passers. And I don't think that will be the case after spring practice.

vCash
    Like I said and corrected. 55%. You are splitting hairs over .3%. I don't care about the .3% My point stands no matter how much you want to make it about .3%. This can not be the norm for our QB room.

We differ on what's a nice trend. We don't need a back up. We need a future starter.

When you add in Elon and the HaW (117th) and the 97th ranked FL defense. Yes. It pulls all those 52% and 53% up. Any defense ranked above 94th, he struggled with. Wake was ranked 93rd and he struggled. The only team with a defense ranked above 94th in the nation that he completed 9 out of 15 passes (60%) was Mizzou.

Who is one play away from being the starter.

NONE of that is the point I made. The trend can not be a QB room with preferred walk ons and 55% passers. And I don't think that will be the case after spring practice.
    You kept saying he is a 52% passer. That was a lie or like as been proven multiple times in this thread, you can't do the maths. That's not .3% splitting hairs, that's a completely inaccurate statement.

Well good, you got a 57.4% passer from 2022. He got better from his Soph year. It's a miracle. He was a 57.4% passer this past year. I know it's hard to understand that players improve, but he did. Maybe, just maybe, with a better supporting cast and coaching he is closer to 60%. That would only be a 2.6% improvement from this year and he improved 4.3% from 2021 to 2022. Not to mention in conference only games his QB rating was 5 points higher than our starting QB and rushed for 7.28 yards per carry and 5 TD's on top of his throwing. But none of that really matters since, you know, we need QB's!!

vCash
    You kept saying he is a 52% passer.
    And I corrected that to the 55% which is correct.

Well good, you got a 57.4% passer from 2022. He got better from his Soph year. It's a miracle.
    LOL. Ok Clark. Not going to keep dissecting this with you. Our QB room can not be preferred walk ons and 55% passers. Glad he is here. Glad they were able to get somebody, but i expect that we will bring in more after the spring to raise the level in it.

Not to mention in conference only games his QB rating was 5 points higher than our starting QB

Wright.. 47.7(7 SEC games played) Rogers 59.7 (8 Sec games played).

Chance Nolan is in the portal. Started 17 games. This year, 59.5% this year and averaged 4.7 per carry. Last year 64% and rushed it 70 times at 4.1 per carry. JR.

There will be more.

vCash
    And I corrected that to the 55% which is correct.

LOL. Ok Clark. Not going to keep dissecting this with you. Our QB room can not be preferred walk ons and 55% passers. Glad he is here. Glad they were able to get somebody, but i expect that we will bring in more after the spring to raise the level in it.

Wright.. 47.7(7 SEC games played) Rogers 59.7 (8 Sec games played).

Chance Nolan is in the portal. Started 17 games. This year, 59.5% this year and averaged 4.7 per carry. Last year 64% and rushed it 70 times at 4.1 per carry. JR.

There will be more.
    I said rating not QBR. Wright had a higher rating in conference games.

Nolan is trying to get his grades situated to graduate and not coming here with a 3 year starter already In place. May be heading to Indians.

vCash
    Why do y'all argue with the most obvious troll on the site? It's pointless

vCash
    The recruitment of Mike Wright tells me one thing. The head coach does not value the passing game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    This is the correct answer. I was a little surprised that we got him because there is no guarantee that he starts here next year. It's very difficult to find a quality back up QB in the portal because they all want to start. That said, I'm sure they are expecting him to start in 2024 worst case scenario. If Will comes back for 2024 which I do not expect at this time- then Wright can always leave as a grad transfer I think.

Quote Originally Posted by KB21 View Post
    The recruitment of Mike Wright tells me one thing. The head coach does not value the passing game.
    I think the hope is that his completion percentage was lower due to playing with Vanderbilt talent. Which is a gamble IMO. But again- we're not going to find a back up without blemishes. It tells me that we're going to shift to a more App State style offense eventually. One thing that is promising about Wright is his TD/INT ratio which is very good. We're also going to add another QB and we have Parson that I could see possibly beating Wright out for the starting spot in 2024 potentially.

In other words- enjoy 2023 because we're going to lose a LOT of players after this year.

vCash
    Holy crap, this thread is still going?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    All we need is whiskey pirate to show up and the thread would be complete lol!
    Probably all one and the same.

vCash
    Is there not a way to ban an ip address? Not just the user name. It's a shame one or two fkers can ruin a board.

vCash
    It will be hard to recruit WRa and QBs to this offense.
    We lit up the world recruiting qb's that couldn't play under leach.

vCash
    Stop being a *****.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    We lit up the world recruiting qb's that couldn't play under leach.
    Leach had 2 QBs that started for him in his time here. 1 lasted 3 games before injury and from there it was Rogers. We won 9 games with him. I wouldn't call that not being able to play.