Page 9 of 31 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm really liking the way we are trending with QB's

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 662dawg View Post
    I don't need to. He knew he had to run the ball more when he became a coordinator at a power 5 school & that's exactly what he did. You're making my point.

Barbay's offenses have been highly successful & he's one of the top OC's in the country.
    Wrong. Kittley knew his QB wasn't a very good passer this year at Texas Tech, and when they get a better passer, those pass numbers will start to trend upward. WKU threw it 697 times last year with Kittley calling plays and 623 times this year with Arbuckle, who is the guy we should have hired. Kittley has been above 63% pass calls in every year except this past season with a bad QB.

Our 500th Member
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KB21 View Post
    Wrong. Kittley knew his QB wasn't a very good passer this year at Texas Tech, and when they get a better passer, those pass numbers will start to trend upward. WKU threw it 697 times last year with Kittley calling plays and 623 times this year with Arbuckle, who is the guy we should have hired. Kittley has been above 63% pass calls in every year except this past season with a bad QB.
    UNTIL he became a power 5 coordinator.

vCash
    Bingo
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

Our 500th Member
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    He's not one of the "top OCs in the country". He's just not. He wouldn't be at App State if that was the case. By that same token, he also isn't terrible. We're not going from Wide Open Air Raid to running Croom's version of the WC Offense. Barbay is a solid OC and we could've done worse. I expect that this year we'll tailor the offense to Will. Maybe a read option here or there and no designed QB runs. This offense will always be Pistol or shotgun 98% of the time. Once Will moves on, I do expect us to incorporate more read options and maybe some Veer and Shoot elements. He's not going to run McElwain's offense to a T. All that offense is is what Bama ran prior to opening it up and spreading the ball around. You can't win with that offense anymore.
    He was still at App st because it was only his second year being an OC. He's a very bright offensive mind & by most every metric he was a top 5 offensive coordinator. I guess we're about to see how well Arnett is at his new job.

Watching film, Barbay's offense is pretty exciting & that's something our offense has severely lacked the past 3 years.

vCash
    Because power 5 coordinators are idiots that believe running the ball and establishing the run is important?

vCash
    So Kittley is a ground and pound guy. Got it.

You can't start arguing personnel when your unmoving stance is a team has to throw it 85% of the time because running the ball is a waste the vast majority of the time. That's what you have said over and over and over.

vCash
    True. QB recruiting is about to take a serious nose dive.
    We have had a lot of 3-star QB's start with 4-star QB's as backups.

vCash
    Because power 5 coordinators are idiots that believe running the ball and establishing the run is important?
    So Kittley is an idiot because he coached for a P5 team and ran the ball more but a genius coaching FCS and G5 teams because he threw it more. That's your stance?

Our 500th Member
    vCash
    You have to be an AI generated bot. My lord.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    So Kittley is an idiot because he coached for a P5 team and ran the ball more but a genius coaching FCS and G5 teams because he threw it more. That's your stance?
    No, that's clearly not what I'm saying. Kittley had to offset the fact that he had a poor, inaccurate passer at QB, but he still maintained a pass first mentality with his play calling. His passing game still set up his running game. When Kittley had a very good QB in Bailey Zappe, he threw the ball.

vCash
    I?m convinced that some of these dumbass comments are from Rebel trolls that have infiltrated our board. They get like this every time MSU kicks that ass.

Our 500th Member
    vCash
    No, that's clearly not what I'm saying. Kittley had to offset the fact that he had a poor, inaccurate passer at QB, but he still maintained a pass first mentality with his play calling. His passing game still set up his running game. When Kittley had a very good QB in Bailey Zappe, he threw the ball.
    But Donovan Smith was a 67% passer last year & Kittley ended up going with 59% passer Tyler Shough by the end of the year bc he was a better runner & that's when they went on their big winning streak to end the season. Weird huh?

And during thier 4 game winning streak to end the year against good power 5 teams, they ran the ball 64% & passed it 36% of the time. Interesting.

But please don't let the facts stand in your way.
    Last edited by 662dawg; 01-17-2023 at 03:36 PM.

Our 500th Member
    vCash
    And fwiw I'm a huge Coach Leach fan. Love the air raid. Wish we could have kept a version of it, but I'm also realistic. Nobody runs the air raid like Leach did. It died when he passed away. It's been modernized & turned into a more balance offense. I also really like Barbay's offensive scheme as it is proven to be much more explosive than the air raid, especially the one we've seen the past 3 years.

vCash
    And fwiw I'm a huge Coach Leach fan. Love the air raid. Wish we could have kept a version of it, but I'm also realistic. Nobody runs the air raid like Leach did. It died when he passed away. It's been modernized & turned into a more balance offense. I also really like Barbay's offensive scheme as it is proven to be much more explosive than the air raid, especially the one we've seen the past 3 years.
    Yay pro style offense that requires you to have a significant talent advantage to have success!!!
    #AirRaidForever!!#SwingYourSword!!#FireArnett

Our 500th Member
    vCash
    Yay pro style offense that requires you to have a significant talent advantage to have success!!!
    Man you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. There's no way you've watched any of Barbay's film from the past two seasons.

vCash
    So any word on Wright. We do need a backup QB.

vCash
    Man you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. There's no way you've watched any of Barbay's film from the past two seasons.
    So, you are trying to say that Barbay doesn't run a pro style offense, and his background isn't in a pro style offense?
    #AirRaidForever!!#SwingYourSword!!#FireArnett

vCash
    i was just tired of the three yard passes, just was boring and to easy to defend.

Our 500th Member
    vCash
    So, you are trying to say that Barbay doesn't run a pro style offense, and his background isn't in a pro style offense?
    Barbay runs a mixture of several different types of offenses. I wouldn't call it one over the other. He seems to be pretty versatile. You have either not watched any film, you're a troll or you have no idea what you're talking about & are just throwing sh!+ against the wall and hoping it sticks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Op4isabitch View Post
    I?m convinced that some of these dumbass comments are from Rebel trolls that have infiltrated our board. They get like this every time MSU kicks that ass.
    100%. Brand new posters, posters that haven't posted in months and in some cases years been showing up the last 2 weeks.