Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 LastLast

Thread: I'm really liking the way we are trending with QB's

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KB21 View Post
    So, the typical meathead defensive minded idea of offense, believing that time of possession actually matters to winning.
    You just can?t help being an idiot can you?

vCash
    you do seem to evidently love the 25 seconds off the clock and 3 and out but I figure lotta you closet racist slave loving ole miss douche types swing and missed alot growing up and ended up perfecting the art of the circle jerk. I say again, I'd love to hear u call CZA a meathead to his face, you weak ass c*nt. you probably have a shark outfit

vCash
    He's still wearing the bear outfit. His wife won't let him buy a shark until they're sure that's what the mascot is gonna be. He's still got his fingers crossed the next one will be more progressive and he can wear that dress and heels 👠 at the tailgate! (Not that there's anything wrong with that if that's his thing) edit: sorry KB. I should not have used he and his.
    Last edited by dawggoneit; 01-29-2023 at 08:53 AM. Reason: Typo

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancho View Post
    It appears that CZA is seeking an offensive system which, if nothing else burns more clock and keeps his aggressive D on the sideline a touch more each game. I'd love to see some dialogue tween CZA and ole miss douche dinker KB21 face to face and watch the preppie piss himself.
    We were 7th in the SEC in time of possession.

vCash
    Not disputing that fact. He does want to limit the possibility of as many 3 and outs though.

vCash
    Not disputing that fact. He does want to limit the possibility of as many 3 and outs though.
    So does every HC and OC in America at any level.

vCash
    Far more likely to have three out out drives by trying to establish the run game.

vCash
    yes but one burns more clock typically one the ground. evidently you were one of them cats in the red shoes in the ole miss library

vCash
    evidently you were one of them cats in the red shoes in the ole miss library
    What the hell does that even mean?

yes but one burns more clock typically one the ground.

We ranked 54th this year in the nation.

we ranked 7th in the nation last year and 1st in the SEC.

Which year did we run it more in?

The point you are trying to make is not a valid point.

vCash
    yes but one burns more clock typically one the ground. evidently you were one of them cats in the red shoes in the ole miss library
    The problem with running more clock is you get fewer chances to score. That's part of why tempo became a thing.

Now if we're up on someone late then yes we should run the ball.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KB21 View Post
    So, the typical meathead defensive minded idea of offense, believing that time of possession actually matters to winning.
    Hey dumbass, go check out Coach Leach’s time of possession stats while he was here.

vCash
    https://cdispatch.com/sports/2021-09...early-useless/

?A stat that is nearly useless is time of possession,? Leach said Monday. ?We might lead the nation in that, which I take no gratification out of.?

vCash
    The two biggest flaws in the thinking process some of you have about offensive football are these:

1. The idea that Mike Leach didn?t want to create explosive plays in the passing game. He did, and there were many opportunities that simply didn?t get executed well.

2. The idea that an increased focus on the run game is going to create more opportunities to create explosive plays in the passing game.

vCash
    I don't know if TOP is useless...

There seems to be a correlation between TOP leaders and total defense leaders

vCash
    It's not the time of possession, the issue this season was 3rd conversion percentage. That's what ZA would like to be better at. We were 112th nationally in conference only games. Less short drives from our offense, more 3rd down conversions, more scoring opportunities and less time the defense is on the field to increase its efficiency as well. That's is the synergy between both sides of the ball that needs to increase.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I don't know if TOP is useless...

There seems to be a correlation between TOP leaders and total defense leaders
    TOP value is dependent on your offensive philosophy. If you want to run the ball more then yes it's very important. So- yeah. Air Force.

If you want to score more points and score more quickly then it doesn't matter as much.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    It's not the time of possession, the issue this season was 3rd conversion percentage. That's what ZA would like to be better at. We were 112th nationally in conference only games. Less short drives from our offense, more 3rd down conversions, more scoring opportunities and less time the defense is on the field to increase its efficiency as well. That's is the synergy between both sides of the ball that needs to increase.
    Going to a more run heavy offense isn't going to help with that unless we're not converting a ton of third and 1's.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Going to a more run heavy offense isn't going to help with that unless we're not converting a ton of third and 1's.
    Where the hell did I mention running it more? Good grief. It's not either or, quit trying to fit everything into black or white. It's about having overall balance on both sides of the ball. You can be very good on 3rd down conversions either way that is usually because you are ahead of the chains. Passing or running is irrelevant in the overall point of our piss poor 3rd down conversion rate. UM was 12th nationally and ran it a good bit, wouldn't you say. Quit trying to create a pass vs run argument when my post had absolutely nothing to do with that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackSailsDawg View Post
    Where do you get that I think that? Greek was going to transfer. The other 2? No idea, but there is zero point in talking about it. Leach did pass away. We did move away from that system.

Sawyer beat out Lovertich. Again. None of that has anything to do with this.

Who is going full panic mode?
    Actually Sawyer didn?t win the backup role a coach on the staff personally told me that

My point was we traded 2 backup QBs for a kid that started for a SEC school and who beat UK and Fla.. pretty good pick up,for a backup QB

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    Where the hell did I mention running it more? Good grief. It's not either or, quit trying to fit everything into black or white. It's about having overall balance on both sides of the ball. You can be very good on 3rd down conversions either way that is usually because you are ahead of the chains. Passing or running is irrelevant in the overall point of our piss poor 3rd down conversion rate. UM was 12th nationally and ran it a good bit, wouldn't you say. Quit trying to create a pass vs run argument when my post had absolutely nothing to do with that.
    Fair enough.

My overall point was we need to execute better on third downs in conference games.