Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm really liking the way we are trending with QB's

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yjnkdawg View Post
    Agree 100% CC..........It's amazing how when posters (trolls) come out of the woodwork or from under their rock they always post something negative concerning our athletic programs. Never anything positive.
    I for one don?t care if a poster is negative or positive there can be an opposite points of view. But when you are a dick for the sake of being a dick, 17em.

vCash
    Long time listener...first time caller here...good Lord 2 of yall make me wish I never got on this site..

vCash
    My two cents:

I hope Barbay actually adjusts to our personnel. I'll believe it when I see it. Relying on Woody for about 35% of our touches probably isn't a great idea if we want him to make it through the season.

I have a feeling this is going to go one of two ways. Barbay will actually adjust and we pass about 60% of the time and we put up better numbers because of what we return or we're around 45/55 and it ends up about the same or worse than this year. Let's hope it's the first. But having been a MSU fan my whole life I'm expecting square peg and round hole and let's just blame Will for it.

All the metric stuff I'm taking with a big grain of salt because that was with different players. Players are who makes things work. And if we don't find a deep threat alpha at WR his deep shots aren't going to work all that well.

That said as far as analytics go you're better off passing in literally every situation other than third and one and in the fourth quarter when you are trying to run the clock out. So as "bad" as we were we were also probably at least maximizing the talent that we had. Or close to it.

At any rate I figure Barbay will be here about 2-3 years max good, bad, ugly.

/rant over

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mo7888 View Post
    I shouldn't even reply to this dumb crap but, the reference was pertaining to style not production and they myriad of factors that effect it....like talent disparity between the teams listed etc... Croom ran (or gave lip service to running) a pro style offense and so does Barbay. That's the reference...
    If you weren’t being so intellectually dishonest, you’d realize there are a variety of pro style offenses. In which all have different characteristics, terminology, and thought processes. But you aren’t being intellectually honest so that doesn’t matter.

vCash
    Are we just gonna keep going in circles as you defend mediocrity?

The point of my position pertaining to a pro style offense is two-fold 1) one to point out the irony that the last time we ran one Croom was here and 2) to point out that pro style offense won't work here to the level of success that I'd like to see us strive for...

Also

You geniuses keep pointing out the issue with the AR like we've seen the AR in It's fullest form and that disingenuous at best. The AR needs to be able to spread the field horizontally with the short pass and stretch it vertically with a QB with adequate arm strength. We currently don't have that. It also looks like Leach was trying to incorporate more athleticism at the position judging by his recruiting... That's where we were trying to get to with our next QB.

The bottom line is we have different perspectives. Many of you don't believe we will ever be able to compete for an SEC championship and that mentality pushes you in a conservative direction where you want an offense that sees mediocrity as a ceiling.... I want an offense that sees mediocrity as a floor....

You guys got what you wanted...
    What about any of Barbay’s offenses the last 2 years is mediocre?

Are you going to ignore the mediocre performances of our team 2 out of the last 3 years?

Our 500th Member
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CoachT14 View Post
    What about any of Barbay’s offenses the last 2 years is mediocre?

Are you going to ignore the mediocre performances of our team 2 out of the last 3 years?
    Yes. Yes he is. I'm not entertaining his posts any longer bc he cannot be as illiterate as his posts are suggesting. He has to be a troll & may even be KB too lol

vCash
    Are we just gonna keep going in circles as you defend mediocrity?

The point of my position pertaining to a pro style offense is two-fold 1) one to point out the irony that the last time we ran one Croom was here and 2) to point out that pro style offense won't work here to the level of success that I'd like to see us strive for...

Also

You geniuses keep pointing out the issue with the AR like we've seen the AR in It's fullest form and that disingenuous at best. The AR needs to be able to spread the field horizontally with the short pass and stretch it vertically with a QB with adequate arm strength. We currently don't have that. It also looks like Leach was trying to incorporate more athleticism at the position judging by his recruiting... That's where we were trying to get to with our next QB.

The bottom line is we have different perspectives. Many of you don't believe we will ever be able to compete for an SEC championship and that mentality pushes you in a conservative direction where you want an offense that sees mediocrity as a ceiling.... I want an offense that sees mediocrity as a floor....

You guys got what you wanted...
    It's just you have a completely false narrative of why people disagree with you. I sure don't want average. But anyone who speaks in absolutes that Air Raid and throwing the ball 80% of the time is the ONLY way a team can score and be more than an average offense is talking from cult like mindset. It's just not true. He may fail or succeed and neither one of us knows that. Most are just objective about it. Has nothing to do with wanting to be average or worse. That's just moronic hyperbole you are spewing thinking is a point against anyone disagreeing with you. You and KB have determined we will fail if we don't run the offense you want. That's a narcissistic opinion. .

vCash
    If you weren’t being so intellectually dishonest, you’d realize there are a variety of pro style offenses. In which all have different characteristics, terminology, and thought processes. But you aren’t being intellectually honest so that doesn’t matter.
    You don't really read what I write do you... I'm not saying you're intellectually dishonest...I just don't think you pay attention...

vCash
    What about any of Barbay?s offenses the last 2 years is mediocre?

Going back to the 'you don't really read what I write' theme... just where did I say that Barbay or his offense was mediocre?

I'll save you the work...I didn't...I said that philosophy will only produce mediocre results here. For this philosophy to be successful in the SEC you need to be able to recruit on a higher level.
    Last edited by mo7888; 01-17-2023 at 07:38 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    It's just you have a completely false narrative of why people disagree with you. I sure don't want average. But anyone who speaks in absolutes that Air Raid and throwing the ball 80% of the time is the ONLY way a team can score and be more than an average offense is talking from cult like mindset. It's just not true. He may fail or succeed and neither one of us knows that. Most are just objective about it. Has nothing to do with wanting to be average or worse. That's just moronic hyperbole you are spewing thinking is a point against anyone disagreeing with you. You and KB have determined we will fail if we don't run the offense you want. That's a narcissistic opinion. .
    Why would I care why or if people disagree with me? I mean, really Clark? I mean just look at your post for example...it's not logically coherent...and that's fine .. but it certainly isn't something that would cause any introspection on my part... and for the record, I don't care or need you to agree with me either... like I said...it's fine..

Re: mediocrity- its not simply that you crave mediocrity...you're just accustomed to it and accept it.... C34 articulated your position very well earlier in the thread...

I can't speak for KB but, for me, I've determined that this offense will fail in meeting the goals and hopes I had for this team.... you on the other hand will probably be happy with 6-6.... and exstatic if we can get 7.... in my eyes that would be a failure...

vCash
    Why would I care why or if people disagree with me? I mean, really Clark? I mean just look at your post for example...it's not logically coherent...and that's fine .. but it certainly isn't something that would cause any introspection on my part... and for the record, I don't care or need you to agree with me either... like I said...it's fine..

Re: mediocrity- its not simply that you crave mediocrity...you're just accustomed to it and accept it.... C34 articulated your position very well earlier in the thread...

I can't speak for KB but, for me, I've determined that this offense will fail in meeting the goals and hopes I had for this team.... you on the other hand will probably be happy with 6-6.... and exstatic if we can get 7.... in my eyes that would be a failure...
    Your last paragraph illustrates my point. Your narrative of what I will settle for is absolutely false. 6-6 will not make me happy. You are assigning values and expectations on someone else without any facts to base it on. You have pre-determined this offense will fail and state it as an absolute fact. I've stated neither one of us knows what will happen this fall. Those are not objective statements you are making, it's a narcissistic type of an opinion.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    Your last paragraph illustrates my point. Your narrative of what I will settle for is absolutely false. 6-6 will not make me happy. You are assigning values and expectations on someone else without any facts to base it on. You have pre-determined this offense will fail and state it as an absolute fact. I've stated neither one of us knows what will happen this fall. Those are not objective statements you are making, it's a narcissistic type of an opinion.
    I'm assigning it based on C34 embracing mediocrity for the guys on your side of the discussion. "We arent ever going to be in the Top 5-10 or win anything in football."-C34...

If that's not your mindset then you're going to be sorely disappointed because 6 or 7 wins is our ceiling now in my opinion... I understand your opinion is different so if they win 8....call me out... because I'd deserve it...

vCash
    Going back to the 'you don't really read what I write' theme... just where did I say that Barbay or his offense was mediocre?

I'll save you the work...I didn't...I said that philosophy will only produce mediocre results here. For this philosophy to be successful in the SEC you need to be able to recruit on a higher level.
    So I asked kb and he went crickets, so I'll ask you, what part of the air raid the last 3 years made you think we didn't need more talent to compete w THAT offense?? I'll hang up and listen

vCash
    I'm assigning it based on C34 embracing mediocrity for the guys on your side of the discussion. "We arent ever going to be in the Top 5-10 or win anything in football."-C34...

If that's not your mindset then you're going to be sorely disappointed because 6 or 7 wins is our ceiling now in my opinion... I understand your opinion is different so if they win 8....call me out... because I'd deserve it...
    6 or 7 is our ceiling? Damn dude.

vCash

We reached our ceiling in the AR this year- 8-4. We had the D to do better but the offense just couldnt get it done
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    So I asked kb and he went crickets, so I'll ask you, what part of the air raid the last 3 years made you think we didn't need more talent to compete w THAT offense?? I'll hang up and listen
    More talent that we currently have or talent on par with the top 5 or 6 teams in the SEC? Because we need more than we currently have in the skill positions but if we can get that we'll fare better against the top of the league than trying to go toe to toe with them in the run game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    We reached our ceiling in the AR this year- 8-4. We had the D to do better but the offense just couldnt get it done
    The D that let om drive 98 yards to have a shot at winning...yea right... but, 8-4 was the ceiling for the AR with a QB that isn't a vertical threat and can't move the ball with his feet for sure....

vCash
    More talent that we currently have or talent on par with the top 5 or 6 teams in the SEC? Because we need more than we currently have in the skill positions but if we can get that we'll fare better against the top of the league than trying to go toe to toe with them in the run game.
    Here is what you guys dont seem to grasp:

We can recruit good OL guys that can block
    We can recruit good RB's
    We can recruit QB's that are athletic

We cant recruit top notch WR's or TE's like what Georgia has. We can recruit good players there but not elite ones
    We cant recruit top notch QB's- we dont have that kind of money. We can recruit good ones but not elite ones

Be physical, have good RB's, have an athletic QB that can make throws. Thats how you win 8-9-10 games at Mississippi State. Mullen showed the way- he just didnt recruit well at WR. Recruit a little better at WR with the Mullen blueprint and we are the program we want to be

vCash
    The D that let om drive 98 yards to have a shot at winning...yea right... but, 8-4 was the ceiling for the AR with a QB that isn't a vertical threat and can't move the ball with his feet for sure....
    We were 7th in the SEC in scoring D and 5th in Total D
    We were 40th in the country in Scoring D and 35th in Total D

We were lower offensively

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Here is what you guys dont seem to grasp:

We can recruit good OL guys that can block
    We can recruit good RB's
    We can recruit QB's that are athletic

We cant recruit top notch WR's or TE's like what Georgia has. We can recruit good players there but not elite ones
    We cant recruit top notch QB's- we dont have that kind of money. We can recruit good ones but not elite ones

Be physical, have good RB's, have an athletic QB that can make throws. Thats how you win 8-9-10 games at Mississippi State. Mullen showed the way- he just didnt recruit well at WR. Recruit a little better at WR with the Mullen blueprint and we are the program we want to be
    That is such an antiquated way to look at things... it hasn't worked in the past, with only one or two exceptions, and it's not going to work in the future... and when I inevitably say, 'I told you so' in about 10 months you'll have some lame excuse as to why it didn't work and why it'll work better next time....