Page 10 of 31 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm really liking the way we are trending with QB's

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KB21 View Post
    Yay pro style offense that requires you to have a significant talent advantage to have success!!!
    Somebody let Jimbo know that App State is way more talented than his A&M squad that has been recruiting in the top 10 for the last several years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 662dawg View Post
    Barbay runs a mixture of several different types of offenses. I wouldn't call it one over the other. He seems to be pretty versatile. You have either not watched any film, you're a troll or you have no idea what you're talking about & are just throwing sh!+ against the wall and hoping it sticks.
    This dude is 100% a troll. If you can't tell by the way he's phrasing some of his questions. This thread has gone on way too long because of him being a churlish troll.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CoachT14 View Post
    I think he'd be pretty good in this offense. He's fairly accurate down the field with the ball, while also getting pressured more than any other QB in the SEC except for King at aTm. He is definitely a gunslinger though and will make way more mistakes than Will. I highly doubt he transfers though, he's sitting whereever he would go I think.
    This thread has blown up overnight because it is the same ones bitching and arguing about the air raid.

What sucks is no matter what Jaxson Dart can not transfer anywhere until he graduates ole miss or Lane kiffin leaves ole miss

What I was told was that the deal is that walker Howard is getting paid $150k NIL this year to come in and sit the bench one season and then jaxson dart will enter the NFL draft after this season

vCash
    Barbay runs a mixture of several different types of offenses. I wouldn't call it one over the other. He seems to be pretty versatile. You have either not watched any film, you're a troll or you have no idea what you're talking about & are just throwing sh!+ against the wall and hoping it sticks.
    https://theathletic.com/1600862/2020...ach-interview/

We’ll be similar in some ways to the past, we’ll change some things. We’ll always have a downhill running game, a pro-style offense that will stretch the field vertically,

https://www.footballstudyhall.com/20...ors-Will-Grier

The Gators are rolling on offense as McElwain has found the roster perfectly suitable for his clever, pro-style system.

https://www.actionnetwork.com/ncaaf/...ng-november-11

The biggest key to their quick turnaround was the complete revamping of the offense. McElwain brought in former MAC legend Charlie Frye as offensive coordinator, and the new pro-style offense doubled the team’s scoring average, as it went from 15.0 points per game in 2018 (worst in the MAC) to 30.4 in 2019 (fifth).

And I'm supposed to believe that Kevin Barbay left a pro style offense, went to a team whose coach says they will always be pro style, and he just decided that he's not running a pro style offense anymore.
    #AirRaidForever!!#SwingYourSword!!#FireArnett

vCash
    I don?t know who needs to hear this but I?ve seen some messages about it on here and I?m not reading every one of them.

But the Texas Tech OC WAS NOT EVER AND WILL NOT EVER LEAVE TEXAS TECH TO COME TO THE SAME POSITION AT MISSISSIPPI STATE. it was not going to happen. He is an alum of Texas tech and the only way he leaves them for us is if we gave him the Head Coaching job

Maybe if he was not an alum he would come here if we were willling to throw 1.7 or 1.8 million at him per year but he is going to be paid really good at Texas tech and coach for his alma mater until he gets a head coaching job.

vCash
    Not to derail this wonderful thread about an offense we've never seen run with our personnel, but Jake Garcia just entered the portal. We need to be all over him too. He's the type of QB we need for this offense.

vCash
    This thread has completely gone to shat.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
    So any word on Wright. We do need a backup QB.
    He wants to come in and start. That doesn't help our chances.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coursesuper View Post
    Every thread on here involving football since the KB rumors has completely gone to shat.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coursesuper View Post
    Bc kb got tired of getting drilled on genespage and brought the crap here

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by viverlibre View Post
    If Walker comes in, he's been guaranteed the starting job, that means Dart may be looking to transfer.
    He's already transferred. And the ncaa just said no more two transfers absent what basically amounts to exigency circumstances.

vCash
    Dumb question. What is the time frame on getting a portal person signed so they can participate in Spring practice?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgface View Post
    Dumb question. What is the time frame on getting a portal person signed so they can participate in Spring practice?
    That's really dependent on the school and how late they will allow someone to register for the spring. I think about as late we can go is last day of the month, maybe Feb 1st.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mo7888 View Post
    Of course, it doesn't matter that it's closer to what Croom ran than any other coach we've had before... it's like communism...it just hasn't been tried right....
    Croom had offenses in the 100s. In 2022 our offense was #62. In 2022 Barbay and App State were #26.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MedDawg View Post
    Croom had offenses in the 100s. In 2022 our offense was #62. In 2022 Barbay and App State were #26.
    I shouldn't even reply to this dumb crap but, the reference was pertaining to style not production and they myriad of factors that effect it....like talent disparity between the teams listed etc... Croom ran (or gave lip service to running) a pro style offense and so does Barbay. That's the reference...

vCash
    I shouldn't even reply to this dumb crap but, the reference was pertaining to style not production and they myriad of factors that effect it....like talent disparity between the teams listed etc... Croom ran (or gave lip service to running) a pro style offense and so does Barbay. That's the reference...
    Well his pro style was better than our air raid. And many other air raids.

Our 500th Member
    vCash
    This is the dumbest argument yet lol. I don't give a dam if he runs a version of the pee wee wing T as long as we're scoring points & winning football games. As much as I liked Leach no one can argue that our offense was fun to watch the past 3 years. And the stats back up my statement.

vCash
    Trolls gonna troll. That's just the nature and makeup of a troll. That's why this thread is so long and it got hijacked. Pro style offense. lol
    Last edited by yjnkdawg; 01-17-2023 at 06:06 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    100%. Brand new posters, posters that haven't posted in months and in some cases years been showing up the last 2 weeks.
    Agree 100% CC..........It's amazing how when posters (trolls) come out of the woodwork or from under their rock they always post something negative concerning our athletic programs. Never anything positive.

vCash
    This is the dumbest argument yet lol. I don't give a dam if he runs a version of the pee wee wing T as long as we're scoring points & winning football games. As much as I liked Leach no one can argue that our offense was fun to watch the past 3 years. And the stats back up my statement.
    Are we just gonna keep going in circles as you defend mediocrity?

The point of my position pertaining to a pro style offense is two-fold 1) one to point out the irony that the last time we ran one Croom was here and 2) to point out that pro style offense won't work here to the level of success that I'd like to see us strive for...

Also

You geniuses keep pointing out the issue with the AR like we've seen the AR in It's fullest form and that disingenuous at best. The AR needs to be able to spread the field horizontally with the short pass and stretch it vertically with a QB with adequate arm strength. We currently don't have that. It also looks like Leach was trying to incorporate more athleticism at the position judging by his recruiting... That's where we were trying to get to with our next QB.

The bottom line is we have different perspectives. Many of you don't believe we will ever be able to compete for an SEC championship and that mentality pushes you in a conservative direction where you want an offense that sees mediocrity as a ceiling.... I want an offense that sees mediocrity as a floor....

You guys got what you wanted...