Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Month to baseball

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    And only one year from our first rounder JT Ginn. We are MState. Just really glad the one good year we got out of Bednar and Sims was the same year.
    Plus finding the diamonds like Preston Johnson and Hooty gave us 4 strong pitchers that we were able to make a run with.

vCash
    And only one year from our first rounder JT Ginn. We are MState. Just really glad the one good year we got out of Bednar and Sims was the same year.
    Seems like getting one year of good pitching out of an MLB prospect isn't that unusual. Didn't we basically only get one year from Stratton also? We didn't get any out of the guy that played in biloxi for a little while whose name escapes me, but he had one year with an injury I think and basically just ran out of time before he got his control figured out.

vCash
    I wish it would hurry up. I want to beat LSU as bad as I want to breathe. College basketball has just fallen so hard on my priority list it almost feels like July already

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    We didn't get any out of the guy that played in biloxi for a little while whose name escapes me, but he had one year with an injury I think and basically just ran out of time before he got his control figured out.
    Brandon Woodruff. He just agreed on a one year deal with the Brewers worth $10.8 million.

vCash
    D1's preseason top 25....welp....

https://d1baseball.com/rankings/2023...p-25-rankings/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    We cannot expect to be ranked with how bad we were last year. Very surprised to see Ole Miss that high.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Yeah, but they ranked our freshman class #2 and our transfer class #4. So we should definitely have more talent, it's just a question of maturity/experience and how quickly the new guys get up to speed. We should definitely be better than last year by quite a bit, no question.

vCash
    All I care about right now is that OM doesn't ever win another title. I can't handle that. It's bad enough already that they won a title just a year after us, after it took us so long to finally break through.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    Yeah, but they ranked our freshman class #2 and our transfer class #4. So we should definitely have more talent, it's just a question of maturity/experience and how quickly the new guys get up to speed. We should definitely be better than last year by quite a bit, no question.
    Comes down to pitching for us. We should be fine.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ArrowDawg View Post
    All I care about right now is that OM doesn't ever win another title. I can't handle that. It's bad enough already that they won a title just a year after us, after it took us so long to finally break through.
    The only reason they even care somewhat about baseball is because of us. The season they had was similar to Fresno State when they won it all.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WSOPdawg View Post
    Plus finding the diamonds like Preston Johnson and Hooty gave us 4 strong pitchers that we were able to make a run with.
    I think we have a Hooty and Preston Johnson this year. We will need to see in live games who can be War Horse Ace. I think Cade is that, just needs a partner or two
    Last edited by The Federalist Engineer; 01-17-2023 at 09:32 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ArrowDawg View Post
    I can't stand that bunch and I literally hate they got a title to match ours. But objectively speaking I don't think I've ever seen a team pitch as well as they did through the entire NCAA tournament. And it didn't seem to matter who they put on the mound. Only game they lost the entire way was a 3-2 game in Omaha. I don't see how they will ever be able to replicate that again.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    I think we have a Hooty and Preston Johnson this year. We will need to see in live games who can be War Horse Ace. I think Cade is that, just needs a partner or two
    I'd keep an eye on Nate Dohm, Pico, Colby Holcombe, Loftin, and Clijente as guys that we could tandem.

vCash
    I can't stand that bunch and I literally hate they got a title to match ours. But objectively speaking I don't think I've ever seen a team pitch as well as they did through the entire NCAA tournament. And it didn't seem to matter who they put on the mound. Only game they lost the entire way was a 3-2 game in Omaha. I don't see how they will ever be able to replicate that again.
    I think it's baseball karma for us bragging about our National Championship too much.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I think it's baseball karma for us bragging about our National Championship too much.
    Actually lends credence to us "living in the Matrix"... (kidding but not kidding, lol).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WSOPdawg View Post
    Actually lends credence to us "living in the Matrix"... (kidding but not kidding, lol).
    It probably sounds silly- but I do believe in baseball gods. Emphasis on the little g as a Christian.

Real or not- baseball will absolutely humble you quicker than any sport out there. At the end of the day the biggest thing we did wrong IMO was stay loyal to too many players that were on the 2021 team instead of hitting the portal hard to fill certain needs. I've never seen a MSU team so RHP heavy in my life as last years. Our team just wasn't built very well. We could have used a SS and a CF as well as about 2-3 LHP. I suspect with all of the injury issues we had some S&C issues.

MSU fans and MSU baseball people are great in that they are very nice people. They want to see everyone succeed. But they also want to win big- as they should. The problem is you can't make everyone happy and be nice and still win big. If you let your guard down for one minute you're getting passed.

vCash
    Yes. I'm replying to the same post twice.

Another thing about Ole Miss and MSU is that we have to realize that the SEC has become head and shoulders above the rest of the college baseball world. It's getting to the point where the only teams that have a chance to win a title are SEC teams. Which means that we're going to see people like Arkansas and Tennessee win one eventually. And probably people like Ole Miss win more. That said- it also means that we'll likely win more National Championships as well. Once Texas joins the SEC the only non-SEC teams that might have a chance to win a National Championship are a select few like Florida State and Oregon State and even Oregon State may have that bubble burst if it hasn't already. The problem that the PAC 12 has is with their portal they're losing players as well as local recruits to SEC schools. See Jacob Gonzalez as an example. It's killing the quality of their league.

This trend has actually been going on since 2015 I believe. It's been MSU, Ole Miss, LSU, Arkansas, Florida, and Vanderbilt in the finals recently.

And don't be surprised if Auburn and Alabama join the party soon too especially with Cohen at Auburn. I can't see South Carolina being down forever. Then the rest of the conference is basically schools in high population areas like Florida, Georgia, Texas A&M, and Texas that can emerge at any time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Yes. I'm replying to the same post twice.

Another thing about Ole Miss and MSU is that we have to realize that the SEC has become head and shoulders above the rest of the college baseball world. It's getting to the point where the only teams that have a chance to win a title are SEC teams. Which means that we're going to see people like Arkansas and Tennessee win one eventually. And probably people like Ole Miss win more. That said- it also means that we'll likely win more National Championships as well. Once Texas joins the SEC the only non-SEC teams that might have a chance to win a National Championship are a select few like Florida State and Oregon State and even Oregon State may have that bubble burst if it hasn't already. The problem that the PAC 12 has is with their portal they're losing players as well as local recruits to SEC schools. See Jacob Gonzalez as an example. It's killing the quality of their league.

This trend has actually been going on since 2015 I believe. It's been MSU, Ole Miss, LSU, Arkansas, Florida, and Vanderbilt in the finals recently.

And don't be surprised if Auburn and Alabama join the party soon too especially with Cohen at Auburn. I can't see South Carolina being down forever. Then the rest of the conference is basically schools in high population areas like Florida, Georgia, Texas A&M, and Texas that can emerge at any time.
    This is baseball. Everyone always has a chance...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TNDawg35 View Post
    Yep, it's the total polar opposite of college football.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TNDawg35 View Post
    True but some have a better chance than others.