Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: For You That Claim To Know

vCash

For You That Claim To Know

Tulu signs with our collective a while back. Are you telling me State's collective didn't put a no compete, ie , sign with another collective, in the contract?

If so, bad business
    Not only did Mississippi State embarrass LSU on this night. Davis Wade Stadium wrecked Tiger Stadium in music choice, atmosphere and, most of all, volume.

When I'm 80 and deaf, it's not going to be all those Springsteen concerts or Queen at Municipal Auditorium in New Orleans on Halloween Night in 1978, it will be this game...............Glen Guilbeau--Sherveport Times

vCash
    Are these deals basically paid in full at the beginning? Surely they're installations, right?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiderman View Post
    Tulu signs with our collective a while back. Are you telling me State's collective didn't put a no compete, ie , sign with another collective, in the contract?

If so, bad business
    Why would any kid sign that?

The problem is the kid has the university by the balls. I'm not gonna sign your NIL if you put a no compete in or a return if I leave and now I'm going to transfer somewhere else if you don't do what I say.

The problem with this business model is there is always someone willing to pay more or provide more for a talented kid in college football. Now that they realize it, it's more Wild West than it's ever been because there aren't any restrictions on what kids can do.

And with people on this board and elsewhere continuing to double down on never being part of this model, be prepared for that to not change in our favor anytime soon.

vCash
    They all have a clause concerning being at the university you sign your deal with. If they leave, it's void. And he can't sign another deal until he's enrolled at another school.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Are these deals basically paid in full at the beginning? Surely they're installations, right?
    Paid monthly

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    Why would any kid sign that?

The problem is the kid has the university by the balls. I'm not gonna sign your NIL if you put a no compete in or a return if I leave and now I'm going to transfer somewhere else if you don't do what I say.

The problem with this business model is there is always someone willing to pay more or provide more for a talented kid in college football. Now that they realize it, it's more Wild West than it's ever been because there aren't any restrictions on what kids can do.

And with people on this board and elsewhere continuing to double down on never being part of this model, be prepared for that to not change in our favor anytime soon.
    NCAA really needs to pass the 1-transfer rule they were talking about last week

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    They all have a clause concerning being at the university you sign your deal with. If they leave, it's void. And he can't sign another deal until he's enrolled at another school.
    Doesn't answer the question of why they don't put a no compete in the contract
    Not only did Mississippi State embarrass LSU on this night. Davis Wade Stadium wrecked Tiger Stadium in music choice, atmosphere and, most of all, volume.

When I'm 80 and deaf, it's not going to be all those Springsteen concerts or Queen at Municipal Auditorium in New Orleans on Halloween Night in 1978, it will be this game...............Glen Guilbeau--Sherveport Times

vCash
    Got to figure tax season is gonna be tough on some of these kids when they figure out the tax on a 1099

vCash
    Doesn't answer the question of why they don't put a no compete in the contract
    How can you with transfer rules. All we can do is protect ourselves if a player leaves.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    How can you with transfer rules. All we can do is protect ourselves if a player leaves.
    You put in the contract that they can't sign with another collective as long as they have college eligibility. If so they must repay all money received. A standard no compete. If they won't sign it, they won't sign. Better than like Tulu who signs, gets a couple months salary, for doing absolutely zero on the field after signing, and then just up and leaves with the money. Good luck selling people on ...."Hey, give us some money so we can give it to players who can collect until after spring and then just decide to leave with your money."

vCash
    You put in the contract that they can't sign with another collective as long as they have college eligibility. If so they must repay all money received. A standard no compete. If they won't sign it, they won't sign. Better than like Tulu who signs, gets a couple months salary, for doing absolutely zero on the field after signing, and then just up and leaves with the money. Good luck selling people on ...."Hey, give us some money so we can give it to players who can collect until after spring and then just decide to leave with your money."
    Charlie can answer that better but I'm pretty sure that was brought to him before and there's wording that won't allow them to do that because players have transfer rules that superseded that.

vCash
    What do you mean good luck? This is the model that currently exists. It's happening right now every day by the hundreds.

This is the price of doing business. You protect yourself on the backend as best as you can, but with this model, there are no 100% guarantees.

Morality and loyalty do not win with this model. The quicker we all realize that, the faster we can get on board with what actually exists, instead of wishing about what we hoped existed and getting nowhere.

vCash
    Is a non compete standard with other schools? Makes sense to me if not.

vCash
    Got to figure tax season is gonna be tough on some of these kids when they figure out the tax on a 1099
    It's going to be extremely difficult and a very costly life lesson.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    It's going to be extremely difficult and a very costly life lesson.
    A couple players will scream racism and all of a sudden it will be ruled tax exempt. Doesn't matter if it is or isn't.

vCash
    I'm pretty sure I read that the Bulldog Initiative is going to hold out taxes on their payments to help avoid tax trouble for the players. I'm not sure how it would work with private deals. I wonder if the schools can offer help to the players for this.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    At most it is 54% federal and 5% State.
    37% federal taxes highest bracket varies on top end/low end
    7% FICA
    7% FICA employer
    3% Medicare

5% State

Surely they all can read a simple marginal tax rate and figure that out on a napkin. Taxes are not that hard.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    IRS doesn?t operate that way. Math is generally pretty simple on taxes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    At most it is 54% federal and 5% State.
    37% federal taxes highest bracket varies on top end/low end
    7% FICA
    7% FICA employer
    3% Medicare

5% State

Surely they all can read a simple marginal tax rate and figure that out on a napkin. Taxes are not that hard.
    No, it's not hard, but young people aren't exactly great stewards of money to start with. I doubt many of them have ever received a 1099 and know how much they're on the hook for

vCash
    Yep the G-men will be coming. It's gonna hit some like a ton of bricks