Thread: Can the NFL pay college players?

vCash

Can the NFL pay college players?

All this crazy NIL stuff had me thinking of how the NFL could play into this.

If a team wanted a specific player could they set up an NIL deal with the player with the agreement they refuse the team that drafted them until the paying team gets to them? What would be 20M to a billionaire owner to give Caleb Williams this year with the agreement he refuses to play for anyone who drafts him besides his team?

What's stopping the Bears from sending CJ Stroud and Will Levis $10M each to go back for their senior year and drive up the value of their pick since Bryce Young would then be the only QB and the Bears could ask a fortune for their #1 pick?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DEDawg View Post
    All this crazy NIL stuff had me thinking of how the NFL could play into this.

If a team wanted a specific player could they set up an NIL deal with the player with the agreement they refuse the team that drafted them until the paying team gets to them? What would be 20M to a billionaire owner to give Caleb Williams this year with the agreement he refuses to play for anyone who drafts him besides his team?

What's stopping the Bears from sending CJ Stroud and Will Levis $10M each to go back for their senior year and drive up the value of their pick since Bryce Young would then be the only QB and the Bears could ask a fortune for their #1 pick?
    The NFL rules wouldn't allow that. But NCAA rules would

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    The NFL rules wouldn't allow that. But NCAA rules would
    I understand the Bears organization could not do this, but what would stop a billionaire owner from funneling money to a third party that acts on that behalf? Everyone would know what?s going on but I guess technically would be legal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DEDawg View Post
    I understand the Bears organization could not do this, but what would stop a billionaire owner from funneling money to a third party that acts on that behalf? Everyone would know what?s going on but I guess technically would be legal.
    I guess if you could find a "3rd party" that is willing to explain where the millions of dollars came from it might work. Once.
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.