Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: Will Rogers - shopping around

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    I'm not an sec football coach but I play one on the internet lol!
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Commercecomet24 again.

I wish I had a like button so I wouldn't have to add an unnecessary post to this thread. lol
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    Rogers isnt leaving. Next topic
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PendingTransaction View Post
    If we are having to pay current players north of $200k, we are f$$$$d
    Just bc we aren't doesn't mean others aren't. Yet people expect us to win big

vCash
    "If we are having to pay current players north of $200k, we are f$$$$d"

Why do you think I have been telling you mf'ers to donate and help us? This is college football today. Its a new Era
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post

Why do you think I have been telling you mf'ers to donate and help us? This is college football today. Its a new Era
    I don't think people understand the dollars being thrown at these kids. It's ridiculous but it's the way it is now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by viverlibre View Post
    You must be one of dumbest posters on this board. This is not about the amount of money players are getting offered. This is about a particular QB getting a larger than $100k offer for an offense he in no way fits in. In no way do I believe he is getting that offer from Auburn.

I wouldn't be as skeptical of him getting that offer from Bama cause Saban may see the value in him being a dependable back up who could probably help with play calling. We are all very familiar with Freeze's offense. An immobile QB, who can't throw deep, can't run a little bit and doesn't get the ball out quickly is not what Freeze is know for.
    What? Did you read my post? I literally started the post with He, as in Will, as in the player we have been for the last several posts. And you call me dumb? Such reading comprehension failure

Last time, Will was offered significantly more that you can comprehend or want to believe. More than we could match. This player that you want to cut so bad and can't fathom being worth more than $50,000 much less $100,000 was offered well over that. Do you understand now. I am discussing that one player who's name is Will Rogers!

Thank God he is all dawg and not like you. He actually sees value in his team and this university.
    Last edited by Really Clark?; 01-14-2023 at 10:29 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    What? Did you read my post? I literally started the post with He, as in Will, as in the player we have been for the last several posts. And you call me dumb? Such reading comprehension failure

Last time, Will was offered significantly more that you can comprehend or want to believe. More than we could match. This player that you want to cut so bad and can't fathom being worth more than $50,000 much less $100,000 was offered well over that. Do you understand now. I am discussing that one player who's name is Will Rogers!

Thank God he is all dawg and not like you. He actually sees value in his team and this university.
    I don't care what you heard or that your momma's hairdresser''s niece lives across the street from Will's grandpa, Auburn is not offering him that much money, I'll assure of that. If you do truly believe that, I've got a bunch of stuff I need to sell you. Of all the QBs in college football, he'd be one of the worst fits for a Hugh Freeze offense.
    Last edited by viverlibre; 01-14-2023 at 10:57 PM.

vCash
    I don't care what you heard or that your momma's hairdresser''s niece lives across the street from Will's grandpa, Auburn is not offering him that much money, I'll assure of that. If you do truly believe that, I've got a bunch of stuff I need to sell you.
    Your assurance is worthless. Choose to believe what you want. Better yet up your donations to BI, because unlike you I'm getting real world numbers not fantasy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Just bc we aren't doesn't mean others aren't. Yet people expect us to win big
    Oh I believe this. I'm concerned that we might not be committed enough to sustain a collective strong enough to compete, especially if we experience down seasons. My $600/year will need a lot of replication. We need a few multi-million dollar contributors.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post

I really wish MSU would decrease our season ticket holder donation to the Bulldog Club in half and encourage fans to donate it instead to the Bulldog Initiative.

For me personally it's getting to the point where I may just StubHub my MSU football tickets and use what I was donating to the Bulldog Club to the Bulldog Initiative where I feel it will be more productive for MSU.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PendingTransaction View Post
    Oh I believe this. I'm concerned that we might not be committed enough to sustain a collective strong enough to compete, especially if we experience down seasons. My $600/year will need a lot of replication. We need a few multi-million dollar contributors.
    We need to get some large corporations involved- as I'm sure that is what Charlie is already doing. It's unrealistic to expect fans only to support NIL although we can make a huge difference and we should donate what we can.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    We need to get some large corporations involved- as I'm sure that is what Charlie is already doing. It's unrealistic to expect fans only to support NIL although we can make a huge difference and we should donate what we can.
    This is the correct answer. Business pocketbooks are always deeper than personal pocketbooks

vCash
    I wish posters wouldn't post about our players leaving or shopping around and posting it like it's fact when it is a just an unconfirmed rumor floating around on the message boards and then some posters go crazy and post stupid and sometimes hateful stuff about our players on message boards and other social media outlets. Some on message boards need to find other interests than trying to interpret what one of our players means by some action or post he made on social media too. Pretty pathetic in my opinion but I guess it is what is now.
    Last edited by yjnkdawg; 01-15-2023 at 12:38 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post

Corrcr again. On a roll my man

vCash
    I don't care what you heard or that your momma's hairdresser''s niece lives across the street from Will's grandpa, Auburn is not offering him that much money, I'll assure of that. If you do truly believe that, I've got a bunch of stuff I need to sell you. Of all the QBs in college football, he'd be one of the worst fits for a Hugh Freeze offense.
    Well he said it and I'm telling you that you are wrong. But you do t want to believe it. But it's true. And it ain't coming from my mothers cousins aunt either

vCash
    I really wish MSU would decrease our season ticket holder donation to the Bulldog Club in half and encourage fans to donate it instead to the Bulldog Initiative.

For me personally it's getting to the point where I may just StubHub my MSU football tickets and use what I was donating to the Bulldog Club to the Bulldog Initiative where I feel it will be more productive for MSU.
    I think we have to look at something. BUT, we still have to pay to operate. Women's sports all lose money. A shit ton. Heck, we lost boat loads when we're were GOOD at women's basketball. Then throw in track tennis etc. have to have em. Have to try to win as best we can. Have to pay for em. Its tough world. Make that a tough league.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DawgFromOxford View Post
    This is the correct answer. Business pocketbooks are always deeper than personal pocketbooks
    This

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yjnkdawg View Post
    I wish posters wouldn't post about our players leaving or shopping around and posting it like it's fact when it is a just an unconfirmed rumor floating around on the message boards and then some posters go crazy and post stupid and sometimes hateful stuff about our players on message boards and other social media outlets. Some on message boards need to find other interests than trying to interpret what one of our players means by some action or post he made on social media too. Pretty pathetic in my opinion but I guess it is what is now.
    It's gas on the fire! But it won't stop.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    This
    It's true and I promise BI is reaching out to all of them. And individuals of those pay dearly as well. But the Corp itself can't pay for. Irving. They have to have a roi to give. The individual just has to love our institution, as you do, to pay. And as I said many are. Just need more. And I'm not the guy to tell someone how to spend their money.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    I think we have to look at something. BUT, we still have to pay to operate. Women's sports all lose money. A shit ton. Heck, we lost boat loads when we're were GOOD at women's basketball. Then throw in track tennis etc. have to have em. Have to try to win as best we can. Have to pay for em. Its tough world. Make that a tough league.
    Yeah. That's the catch.

My hope is we buy better players with NIL and that hopefully leads to more success which leads to more people donating.

Sounds good on paper anyway.