Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Will Rogers - shopping around

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    What worries me is that portal qb that we would want are going to demand a lot of NIL money.
    Depends on who we can actually get, a high profile player, absolutely. But several of those you can scratch off the list no matter what.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    I want him to stay - love the kid. But we would not be screwed. There are a lot of Power 5 QBs that would be interested in this job.
    Possibly

vCash
    What worries me is that portal qb that we would want are going to demand a lot of NIL money.
    This guy gets it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    I want him to stay - love the kid. But we would not be screwed. There are a lot of Power 5 QBs that would be interested in this job.
    Not for what we have to pay em... at least the ones that make us better than will.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    This guy gets it
    Yep all comes down to money now.

vCash
    This guy gets it
    I agree but also don't think we are a player for high profile QB's either. Cost most definitely an issue but we would be very late to the table anyway.

vCash
    1: this is why I don’t get attached to any State player anymore. It’s all mercenary work now. Until the NCAA implements some controls (like the NFL does) this will slowly rot college athletics from the inside out.

2: this is why we should have brought in a hybrid air raid guy to slowly transition to a new scheme and take advantage of our manageable schedule next year. The concept of the air raid from the beginning at State was to try something different in the hopes it would give us a competitive edge. With the run option folded into that system more it actually was really starting to become something different that would allow us to offset some of our recruiting deficiencies. Oh well….

vCash
    speakin' of QBs; Y'all dig on this:

I "heard/read" that the Maye kid at UNC turned down $5M... from Bammer, no less...

Not certain what his price tag would be, but he'd be a good get, IMO... we shoulda offered 8....
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    1: this is why I don’t get attached to any State player anymore. It’s all mercenary work now. Until the NCAA implements some controls (like the NFL does) this will slowly rot college athletics from the inside out.
    I hope it does. **** all those cocksucking pussies in the NCAA executive office. They are doing to college football what MTV did to music.

vCash
    Jfc....I can hear y'all hyperventilating all the way up here...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Jfc....I can hear y'all hyperventilating all the way up here...

Easy there, Turbo.... Bammer fittin' to get it fired back up...

Than y'all gone be all like:

No.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TUSK View Post
    Easy there, Turbo.... Bammer fittin' to get it fired back up...

Than y'all gone be all like:

Oh, well, "the horror", then....**

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Oh, well, "the horror", then....**
    And Horror ye shall receive, Sir... and perhaps even, a "good spankin'"...

No.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TUSK View Post
    speakin' of QBs; Y'all dig on this:

I "heard/read" that the Maye kid at UNC turned down $5M... from Bammer, no less...

Not certain what his price tag would be, but he'd be a good get, IMO... we shoulda offered 8....
    Our fan base still has sticker shock. Many still think the days of Cam Newton getting 200K are still in play. Those days are long gone and we are way behind.

The game is that you need money for good players, both to bring in from the outside and to keep in your program. We have too many that think we can be successful by having great culture and saying we work hard.

It's money plain and simple. And anyone that thinks we can just organically be successful is crazy. Money doesn't guarantee success but in the SEC it's the only way to have a chance at success.

Sooner we get over that and start funding NIL the sooner we can start really talking about what we can do to compete. Hopefully Selmon helps get that message across.

vCash
    Not for what we have to pay em... at least the ones that make us better than will.
    Let's just pray that some of our fans don't have reality hit them in the face.

Only because I watch our team too. Otherwise I'd be 100% down for those fans suffering.

vCash
    Todd, I don?t know what?s worse. The fact that we have some fans who think we won?t miss Will if he were to leave, or the fact that they feel like a pro style spread is going to be easier to execute then the air raid.
    Last edited by KB21; 01-14-2023 at 12:23 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Santiago View Post
    I know it was mentioned in another thread but, wanted to have one just on him.
    He is looking, so we should be looking.
    Yeah, been hearing some under currents that he may be looking. Can't blame him as he'll be a Sr. with only experience in the air raid. We won't be running anything close to that.

vCash
    I like will and what he's done for us.
    But it's best for all involved if we part ways. He goes to an air raid system and we find a qb who can run our system, bc he can't.
    It won't be best for us. Breaking in a freshman with no snaps in the SEC will be brutal. I might guess our bowl string run could end.

vCash
    I wouldn?t give will anything above what he already has. Where?s he going to go? Belhaven? Let him go and go find another qb

vCash
    Once again, y’all bitch all year about how the offense is horrible and wanting to blow it up, now that Arnette is doing it, y’all are in panic mode. Why don’t y’all wait and see how everything plays out. For all I care Will could go. He is not an SEC QB and maybe Arnette thinks that also. Let Will go to WKU or Tulsa. Who cares. Their are plenty of QBs who can come in and do what Will has done (stand in the pocket like a statue and throw a crossing route) Remember, EVERYONE wanted an upgrade at QB to throw the deep ball and open stuff up. Well, your getting what you wanted…

No Tulu, I hate to see go and there has to be more to that story. There is no way the kid goes from recruiting like crazy for State to all of a sudden he hates it hear… Just looking at his Twitter he is being a typical 19 yr old and it’s look at me time. I really wish we could keep him. He will blow the hell up at Tulsa or somewhere small. There just has to be more to it…